Introduce Yourself

Lezboats

Arachnopeon
You are among like minds...we're pretty much all animal lovers here;)

Spend a good amount of time just reading threads, even ones that may not initially interest you...sometimes those turn into the best learning experiences. But there are a ton of threads about or talking about docile species..Euthlus sp. red/yellow, T. cyaneolum, A. chalcodes and G. pulchripes/pulchra are some of the very best that might interest you.

This is a site dedicated to animals, specifically arachnids. Its not treated like a dating site at all...it is a great place to talk with like minded people with all kinds of vast experience from across the globe....and a great place to learn,

What kind of dog? Sorry, I freakin' love dogs....they're my favorite people.
snickers is a GSD/Aussie mix with both parents being purebreds haha, total accident pupper! vested.jpg snickersboivest.jpg

rskl

Arachnopeon
I'm Ross from the UK
Ive started to collect scorpions and tarantulas and looking for more. Let the hunt begin

zdillon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team

Hello everyone, i have been a member for a long time under the name of zdillon. I had to take a break for a while and was not able to log back in as zdillon so i created a new profile. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and get back involved with the forum.

Karli

Arachnopeon
Hi there! I'm Karli and I just barely made my account. I have made an account finally because every time I google specifics, I wind up finding my information on this site anyways! Now I can ask my own questions and discuss the responses with people, and that prospect excites me. :) Looking forward to getting to know some folks and I'm pretty excited to have a group of people to chat with that share my interests. Most people space out on me or look at me like I've lost it when I go on my tangents about various inverts, so I imagine this will be a nice change of pace.

Script404

Arachnopeon
Hello
I found this site checking bite reports years ago, partly out of amusement and partly because I like wildlife and tend to go ooh big spider/snake/bug and go looking for it.
Anyway joined because I wanted to ID a spider I found a couple of years ago and I thought it was H minax, but now not sure it is on a second look.
Enough rambling going to post a pic in the tarantula id board and see what they say.

Karli

Arachnopeon
Hello
I found this site checking bite reports years ago, partly out of amusement and partly because I like wildlife and tend to go ooh big spider/snake/bug and go looking for it.
Anyway joined because I wanted to ID a spider I found a couple of years ago and I thought it was H minax, but now not sure it is on a second look.
Enough rambling going to post a pic in the tarantula id board and see what they say.
Not terribly relevant, just thought it ironic. I joined today and posted right above you, and I coincidentally bought a supposed H. minax/C. minax today. :) Have been reading a lot about how it is unlikely to actually be that however. Can you link me to your other post?

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
Hey all I'm TJ im in the Uk, Shropshire, ive Recently got in to Tarantulas and mosts things Invert
me and my other half have taken this up together and absolutely love it, we have Juvenile C. Cyaneopubescens. Very Docile and calm surprisingly from what i have read, normally tend to be skittish and B. Smithi that has closed his bedroom door and locked him/her self away doing tarantula things, what ever things tarantulas do.
and slings : B. Albopilosum , A. Genicuata and G. Pulchripes and love them all.

Melanie

Arachnopeon
Hi, Im Melanie and im in NW Burbs of Illinois. I'm newer to the hobby, so i'm constantly trying to learn new things. I have 5 Tarantulas that im just gonna name by their common names (I know what they are when I see the name, but I don't know that they are when I actually see the spider.)
However, I do know some of the easy ones.
ANYWAY....
I have a: Rose Hair, Im 95% sure he's a male about 3in.
GBB the size of a 1/2 dollar
Brazilian white striped bird eater about the size of a 1/2 dollar
a. avic Pink toe about 3in suspected female.
Mexican red rump the size of a nickel.
I adore all of them and want to add my collection. I do need to learn to make my own enclosures though cause its getting pricey. I get why people that have 58347534573498 of them keep them in tupperware, but I really like to look at them.
So, thats me in my Tarantula nut shell.

Aconitus

Arachnopeon
Hey I'm new here and especially brand new to the husbandry of inverts. My goal is to do as much research as I can before I take on the task of acquiring a pet invert. Specifically I'm looking to get a hold of a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle Blue tarantula). As I am a beginner with tarantulas and I have heard that this tarantula is decent for beginners. I have been interested in this specific species for at least two years now. I put my research on hold as I had no where to even keep a tarantula at my house for quite a while. I now have enough space for possibly multiple tarantulas or other creatures and am looking to get one soon.

If anyone could direct me to reliable sources on this specific species or give any knowledge from prior experience in regards to this species, it would be greatly appreciated. I love nature, animals, and the study of life, so I wish to do everything I can to make my first tarantula the happiest it can be. ^~^

AngryPescado

Arachnopeon
Hey,
I live in Albuquerque, NM. I'm almost a year into owning tarantulas and I'm finally joining here to learn more on breeding and other things. I'm hoping to be able to learn a lot about tarantulas and hopefully get more soon.
The tarantulas I have are:
A GBB
2 Heteorthele Gabonsis
P. Irminia
Pumpkin Patch Large
All are slings and and hopefully will have sexs on the Gabonsis soon and the maybe the GBB as well.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If anyone could direct me to reliable sources on this specific species or give any knowledge from prior experience in regards to this species, it would be greatly appreciated. I love nature, animals, and the study of life, so I wish to do everything I can to make my first tarantula the happiest it can be.
Some comments I made about keeping Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens in a previous thread.

You may want to start a thread in Tarantula Chat so it's not lost in the introduction posts.

Daeralda

Arachnopeon
Hello All!

I'm a well rounded animal lover and adventurer. I've been residing in Bucks County, PA for the past 5 years, and this is the longest I have lived in one place since 1997.

My beau, Johnny Q, has been raising and breeding insects for longer than we've been together, so I inherited this hobby from him. It works out well for me since I am fascinated with insects and I love macro photography. I will follow bees around for hours if no one brings me back to reality!

We have a small insectarium, two rescued parrots, and three royal pythons at home. All of which are listed in my profile information ;)

I joined arachnoboards today mainly because I noticed the photography section while John was perusing the site under his account.

Feel free to Follow Me, or start a conversation with me! I can go on and on about our various pets and the other hobbies they have required for us to partake in; and I also enjoy hearing from other people with similar interests.

Tuskle

Arachnopeon
Hello all! I just picked up my first tarantula a few days ago and thought I should join up so I can have a good resource while learning the ropes. She was labeled as a Chilean Rose but I put a pic up on the ID gallery just to make sure.

I'm an almost 22 year old college student living in central Louisiana and I have no prior experience with any pet that isn't a mammal (so this will certainly be a new experience!)

I look forward to all the future questions and discussions on here!

TexasArachs

Arachnopeon
My real name is Leland.
I am a army veteran. I moved back to Texas after I fell in love with the state.
I use to keep beginner T species before the army since I was about 13. I also love keeping cobweb species like common house spiders, the ones in webs, and black widows. I also keep native Texas striped bark scorpions.
I am now wanting to try my hand with Baboon spiders, namely the orange bite things, haha. I like aggressive species of inverts and have experience with them.
I have been on a lurker for a long time and I'm glad that the hobby is still going!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
What's up? My name is Morgan and I just really love animals. I actually used to be petrified of spooders until I held a red knee, and since then I've wanted one of my own. I love herps and I really enjoy the care and research that goes into keeping them. I don't know anything about inverts, really, except I've kept a few mantids before. Please do not attempt to contact me in regards to dating or anything like that, as I am in a relationship and not interested, thank you. (oh and I am from the USA)

I currently have an American Bullfrog (m) that I do not plan to breed. I also have a Quaker Parrot and a dog that provides service work for me, I am disabled.

Anything you can tell me about the most docile spiders would be lit, and I also have a fascination with scorpions

Well that's me!
Like @cold blood said , there really is not a whole lot of attempted dating contact and going on that I am aware of, the focus of this site is first and foremost the invertebrates and other animals that we keep.

I have tarantulas and scorpions, as well as mantids and a variety of other Critters and over the years have had a great many of all sorts.

Welcome to The Forum.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hi there! I'm Karli and I just barely made my account. I have made an account finally because every time I google specifics, I wind up finding my information on this site anyways! Now I can ask my own questions and discuss the responses with people, and that prospect excites me. :) Looking forward to getting to know some folks and I'm pretty excited to have a group of people to chat with that share my interests. Most people space out on me or look at me like I've lost it when I go on my tangents about various inverts, so I imagine this will be a nice change of pace.
Now that you are here, disregard any other sources that you were reading information, this is your One-Stop shop for the most up-to-date accurate information.

CasualCoffee

Arachnopeon
Hi there folks, I figured I should step out of my socially awkward box for a second and introduce myself. My name is Krys and I have only "recently" started keeping T's. About a year and a half ago I got my first sling at an expo, a .25" B. boehmei (now roughly 3" and I'm suspecting male), quickly followed a few months later by a similarly sized G. pulchra (now around 1.5"), and this past weekend I have stepped into the OW arena with the addition of a ~1.25" M. balfouri. I tend to be a research nut, and like others have said, I always end up back here at Arachnoboards for info - so why not make a profile so I can utilize that beautiful Search function?! Uh. I have a Shiba Inu who is my best buddy, a few cats who are also awesome, and a SO who also likes T's and is supportive of the hobby (score!). I imagine that there will be more T's to come in the future, and look forward to sharing the journey with you all!

PsychoChelsea

Arachnopeon
Well I guess I should just do this thing. I'm Chelsea, and I'm a cashier at a gas station. A regular customer came in one day and mentioned that he had just bought a Chilean Rose Hair tarantula and I was interested from the get go. Well the next day he asks if I would buy her from him, because his girlfriend was out of town and very angry about his new pet and wanted it gone before she returned. I did some research to make sure we could financially handle another pet (hahaha imagine my surprise when I discovered how low maintenance the G. rosea really is.) and then wound up getting Gwen for Mother's Day. As weeks went on I continued researching and everything always led me here. Currently trying to convince my husband I need T number 2, aiming for a C. versicolor. Also kind of interested in scorpions now, but my husband is completely freaked out and thinks I intend to put these things on him. -sigh.- Anyways, that's how I came about making an account, I spend a lot of time at work learning to navigate these forums and looking at all the beautiful babies posted here.

tjs028

Arachnopeon
Hello all my name is Tyler and I am currently a graduate student in the feild of molecular ecology. I am an avid fish keeper and reefer with an interest in exspanding out into keeping arthropods. My only previous exsperiance is in maintaining Archispirostreptus giga so I look forward to learning from all the members of this community.