1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome To Arachnoboards' started by Arachnoboards, May 16, 2005.

1. Lezboats

Lezboats Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    snickers is a GSD/Aussie mix with both parents being purebreds haha, total accident pupper! vested.jpg snickersboivest.jpg

• Love Love x 1
  2. rskl

rskl Arachnopeon

Uk
    I'm Ross from the UK
    Ive started to collect scorpions and tarantulas and looking for more. Let the hunt begin

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bigbear

Bigbear Arachnopeon

Orlando

Hello everyone, i have been a member for a long time under the name of zdillon. I had to take a break for a while and was not able to log back in as zdillon so i created a new profile. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and get back involved with the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karli

Karli Arachnopeon

Utah
    Hi there! I'm Karli and I just barely made my account. I have made an account finally because every time I google specifics, I wind up finding my information on this site anyways! Now I can ask my own questions and discuss the responses with people, and that prospect excites me. :) Looking forward to getting to know some folks and I'm pretty excited to have a group of people to chat with that share my interests. Most people space out on me or look at me like I've lost it when I go on my tangents about various inverts, so I imagine this will be a nice change of pace.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Script404

Script404 Arachnopeon

Vietnam
    Hello
    I found this site checking bite reports years ago, partly out of amusement and partly because I like wildlife and tend to go ooh big spider/snake/bug and go looking for it.
    Anyway joined because I wanted to ID a spider I found a couple of years ago and I thought it was H minax, but now not sure it is on a second look.
    Enough rambling going to post a pic in the tarantula id board and see what they say.

6. Karli

Karli Arachnopeon

Utah
    Not terribly relevant, just thought it ironic. I joined today and posted right above you, and I coincidentally bought a supposed H. minax/C. minax today. :) Have been reading a lot about how it is unlikely to actually be that however. Can you link me to your other post?

7. TJ2000

TJ2000 Arachnopeon

Hey all I'm TJ im in the Uk, Shropshire, ive Recently got in to Tarantulas and mosts things Invert
    me and my other half have taken this up together and absolutely love it, we have Juvenile C. Cyaneopubescens. Very Docile and calm surprisingly from what i have read, normally tend to be skittish and B. Smithi that has closed his bedroom door and locked him/her self away doing tarantula things, what ever things tarantulas do.
    and slings : B. Albopilosum , A. Genicuata and G. Pulchripes and love them all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Melanie

Melanie Arachnopeon

Hi, Im Melanie and im in NW Burbs of Illinois. I'm newer to the hobby, so i'm constantly trying to learn new things. I have 5 Tarantulas that im just gonna name by their common names (I know what they are when I see the name, but I don't know that they are when I actually see the spider.)
    However, I do know some of the easy ones.
    ANYWAY....
    I have a: Rose Hair, Im 95% sure he's a male about 3in.
    GBB the size of a 1/2 dollar
    Brazilian white striped bird eater about the size of a 1/2 dollar
    a. avic Pink toe about 3in suspected female.
    Mexican red rump the size of a nickel.
    I adore all of them and want to add my collection. I do need to learn to make my own enclosures though cause its getting pricey. I get why people that have 58347534573498 of them keep them in tupperware, but I really like to look at them.
    So, thats me in my Tarantula nut shell.

9. Aconitus

Aconitus Arachnopeon

Hey I'm new here and especially brand new to the husbandry of inverts. My goal is to do as much research as I can before I take on the task of acquiring a pet invert. Specifically I'm looking to get a hold of a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle Blue tarantula). As I am a beginner with tarantulas and I have heard that this tarantula is decent for beginners. I have been interested in this specific species for at least two years now. I put my research on hold as I had no where to even keep a tarantula at my house for quite a while. I now have enough space for possibly multiple tarantulas or other creatures and am looking to get one soon.

If anyone could direct me to reliable sources on this specific species or give any knowledge from prior experience in regards to this species, it would be greatly appreciated. I love nature, animals, and the study of life, so I wish to do everything I can to make my first tarantula the happiest it can be. ^~^

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey,
    I live in Albuquerque, NM. I'm almost a year into owning tarantulas and I'm finally joining here to learn more on breeding and other things. I'm hoping to be able to learn a lot about tarantulas and hopefully get more soon.
    The tarantulas I have are:
    A GBB
    2 Heteorthele Gabonsis
    P. Irminia
    Pumpkin Patch Large
    All are slings and and hopefully will have sexs on the Gabonsis soon and the maybe the GBB as well.

11. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnodemon Active Member

Some comments I made about keeping Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens in a previous thread.

You may want to start a thread in Tarantula Chat so it's not lost in the introduction posts.