Introduce Yourself

Collin

Arachnopeon
Hi ya'll, I know some of you all from the Tarantula Addicts Discord server (I'm Lucas, same avatar as there). I originally come from Reddit but saw that there was a discord and I figured it would be a good source of information as I do not currently own any T's yet. I am planning on buying one soon (in a few weeks) and the one I'm planning on getting is a GBB (C. Cyaneopubescens). I used to suffer from bad arachnophobia, however the past few weeks it shifted and now I'm chill with mostly any spiders out there.

Heinrich

Arachnopeon
Hi my friends call me Hein i recently discovered my addiction with these amazing creatures and i'm getting my first T tomorrow and i am super exited i joined this page as i would like to have as much knowledge as possible on them and to be able to care for my T the best i can and any advice to a novice like me will be much appreciated

speck

Arachnopeon
Well I guess now is as good a time as any to de-lurk... I've only been keeping tarantulas for a couple months, as I was afraid of all "bugs" for most of my life. Then I got to hold a tarantula at a museum and thought it was just the cutest thing ever. I currently have a G. porteri (or maybe G. rosea, not entirely sure) and a B. hamorii, both juveniles. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about these and other species so that I can hopefully expand my collection some day.

Leo Aldopold

Arachnopeon
Hi folks,
I am just moving to Papua New Guinea, and I joined to connect to the wealth of expertise on this forum. I will be the head of a university department there, and although arachnology is not my field at all, I am a tarantula enthusiast.
Hoping to pick some brains and bring photos of some new species in due course.
Cheers
Leo

Sevbad

Arachnopeon
Hi all!

My name is Guilherme and I am from Brazil but living in California for the past 6 years.

I'm 31 and I've been in love with Scorpions since I can remember. Just got my first buddy, a 4i Pandinus Imperator and it's great! I will try to post some pictures later.

Cheers

AGT Exotics

Arachnopeon
hello, I'm Anthony
I just got back into the hobby in March this year its been about 10 years or so.
I really did miss having Ts, there beauty and power is amazing!
I learned I am sensitive to Urticating hairs 10 years ago so ill most likely be sticking to old world Ts.

Here are my Ts I have and that are coming soon
Pterinochilus murinus
Poecilotheria metallica x2
Poecilotheria rufilata - female (coming next week)
Heterothele villosella x6 (coming next week)

I also keep and trade Ants, the new way of keeping ants is just awesome. You start with a single queen after she has had her mating flight. After a few weeks you will start seeing workers if you do it right and meet there needs you could have a bustling colony with hundreds of workers in no time. its truly amazing.
My ant Colonies list
Dorymyrmex insanus
Manica bradleyi
Temnothorax rugatulus
Lasius niger
Monomorium pharaonis
Tapinoma sessile
Camponotus herculeanus
Camponotus laeveticus
Aphaenogaster lamellidans
Pheidole navigans

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
i'm getting my first T tomorrow and i am super exited i joined this page as i would like to have as much knowledge as possible on them and to be able to care for my T the best i can and any advice to a novice like me will be much appreciated
Search the Tarantula Chat and Tarantula Questions & Discussions boards for the species you are getting. (We generally use scientific names here, so you will get better search results if you use that as your search term.)

If it's a terrestrial species, check out this video on basic terrestrial setups. (If it's a sling or juvenile, use something smaller.) The author has several other videos with basic information.

If you have any questions, start a new thread on Tarantula Chat.

Cheyenne Exotics

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Christopher. I am 17 years old, and I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Been into reptiles for about a 2 years and into arachnids and creepy crawlies for a few months. I dove in headfirst with 6 rare tarantual slings and a bark scorpion. I am new to the hobby but all i do in my free time is ask questions and research. Not to toot my own horn, but i seem to know more (at least about reptiles) than people that have been in the hobby several more years than me! I love learning and taking constructive criticism to better educate myself and further my understanding of all exotics.

Cheyenne Exotics

Arachnopeon
Hello from Wyoming,
I have kept European mantids for a couple years now and got into spiders through the P. audux. I used to have panic attacks if i saw a spider and i killed every single one i saw. Now i catch and keep them or release them. It's amazing what a little understanding does. I now have a bark scorpion, stripe tail scorpion, 6 rare tarantulas and soon a sonoran desert centipede

Stickyweb

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody! my name is Noah, living in beautiful California San Diego. I have a vast collection of reptiles but I'm slowly getting into the thrill of tarantulas. Thou my mind hasn't absorb the Latin names very well I do know common names of my pets. Verisacolor, cobalt, rose hair, salmon pink birdeater, pumpkin patch, Thai black & zebra. My first tarantulas was wild caught in California deserts jacumba. Kept'em for awhile then release. I'll love to increase my collection perhaps start breeding but in time since I've never bred tarantulas. All the ones I've bought were slings, some still are.

Attachments

TreebeardGoddess

Arachnosquire
Howdy!
I've ended up on this board when I have various arthropod questions. I tend to catch and release any critters I find. I like to identify what I see if I can. I have a BS in Zoology (which I don't use professionally - but I tend to get asked animal questions by friends & family). I try to spread my love and appreciation for all creatures to my workmates. Also trying to take care of a recently captured Scutigera coleoptrata (house centipede)!
Thanks!

JohnR

Arachnopeon
Guess it's time for me to imtroduce, I am John! Started reading/lurking on this thread for almost a month now... Got my first T slings from a reptile show early July this year, now I have 7 more slings from a recent purchase from a member here (cough cough GunniesSpiders cough) so you know what that means, I am officially got the T bug in me :)

RayneLaRose

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

My name is Rayne. I love tarantulas but don't own any atm. What I do have and what got me into this hobby is jumping spiders! My prized baby being a bold jumper named Kitty I hand caught and have owned for months now. She eats medium sized dubia nymphs... Crazy girl. Anyways, after her I started researching more about insects and arachnids and found them to be fascinating. I now own all sorts of things from millipedes to a very aggressive furrow orbweaver. I want to learn more and connect with others!

bunniebie

Arachnopeon
hi! my name is ridley. i've haunted this forum for a month or two and finally decided to join since getting my p. rubiseta juvenile a week ago. i have a lot of appreciation for small creatures, being one myself (4'10"). i also love and take care of phasmids and mantids and want to expand my collection as much as feasibly possible; which is difficult in my state due to strict import laws (good ol' australia). i'm always up for learning or chatting.

Last edited:

Lmarie

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!
My name is Lisette. I'm 27 and I live in San Diego. I have been reading the arachnoboards for a couple months now, but just recently got the courage to sign up and start posting. I have kept exotic animals all my life but never have I found anything more interesting than I do T's. I did tons of research and finally bought my first T in June. The little guy is doing well (A. Versicolor). He had his first molt with me today. I am excited to learn more here from all of you.

Tripsflips

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

I'm Rich. Got here by owning a few mantis, followed by a golden huntsman, looking to pick up a T soon! Thanks for any help on my way

the19thScorpion

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! JD here...36YO.... I found this forum a couple days ago when I was doing research on keeping pet scorpions. I have wanted one (or a couple) for years and I'm finally buckling down and joining the fray. I've always loved keeping reptiles, insects , etc. I grew up keeping generations of praying mantises (started with one I found in the backyard while cutting the grass when I was a pre-teen... she was oddly enough pregnant and made her nest in the tank I put her in... and I went from there until I left home for college)... have kept a couple species of scary spiders.... leopard geckos...bearded dragons... and now I feel I'm ready for stinging pinching scorpions! Hopefully I will be getting them in the next couple weeks. Based off the posts I've seen here so far, this is such an awesome place to be and look forward to communicating with you guys.

and PS.. I'm a scorpio and live up to those traits very well. Another reason why I feel like they should be a part of my domain. :)

Charis

Arachnopeon
Hi, Hello!

I'm Charis, I'm 24 yrs old and I stumbled upon this forum whilst researching good live plants to pop into my T's tank that will cope with little to no care or support (because I'm a lousy gardener) I've kept tarantulas for 12 years, I currently have 2 who are my absolute babes, even though my G. Pulchra [10] wants to show just how much like Chucky she can be and my B. Emilia [11] is like Theon from Game of thrones, but with more genitalia attatched and he just likes to sit under his cork bark. My wonderful G. Rosea Wanda was a star, and like many, my first and he was a brilliant man in a gorgeous red coat. Unfortunately he is no longer alive and before I could have him framed, my cat decided to eat his poor body T-T

I've had a multitude of pets in the past, but now I have my T's a corn snake (The best darned gaming pal you've ever had) and my cat. I would LOVE to have more exotics but I have neither the room nor the money for them. I DO however want to get back into the exotic community and so here I am, and if you can all help me find a good reason as to why I SHOULD be allowed a rhinoceros beetle I would highly appreciate it. Apparently because they're big gorgeous beetle friends isn't a valid reason.
I've kept tarantulas for 12 years

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
Hey People of the arachnoboards
I'm Marvin, I'm a 17 year old student and I live in vienna.
At the moment I don't own a tarantula, but I plan on doing so in the near future, but before doing so I want to I want to be sure that I can care forher the way she Needs it, which is also the reason why I signed up here.
My current pets are 7-10 Shrimp in my tank and a praying mantis named Amelié.

Yeah
I hope this introduction isn't too bad