Introduce Yourself

Kylabear

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

My name is Nigel I'm 47 yrs old and have finally got my first T.
A Acanthoscurria geniculata sling.
If anyone has any tips and info to help me keep this t healthy and happy I would appreciate it.
Also I'm not to sure how often to feed him/her I gave two tiny crickets today which were devoured with gusto.

Attachments

DeanS

Arachnopeon
Hi...I'm Dean. I raise anacondas and sulcatas. About a year ago, we acquired a beardie and a frilly! And damn me if I was going to pay for meal items from a shop. I've run a colony of dubias that's grown to over a thousand in the past year. In addition, I acquired 1.2 hissers...that grew to sixty plus in about 3 months. So, being that I know everything...it only took me this last year to find my way here. Looking forward to absorbing all the knowledge I can from you guys! Thanks ever so humbly for the add!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If anyone has any tips and info to help me keep this t healthy and happy I would appreciate it.
Welcome! Acanthoscurria geniculata is a fun species. It's best to post your tarantula questions on the Tarantula Chat board, but this should get you started.

Also I'm not to sure how often to feed him/her I gave two tiny crickets today which were devoured with gusto.
I fed my sling about twice a week, depending on the size of the meal. (I usually give them small mealworms with the heads crushed to prevent biting/burrowing.)

While you want to try to avoid extreme obesity in juveniles and adults (it makes them more vulnerable to abdominal ruptures during a fall), a fat sling is a happy sling. Its sole purpose is to eat and grow out of the vulnerable stage. The only time my little genic (now 2") refuses food is during pre-molt.

OKBISh

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. It is a pleasure to join this forum. My son introduced me to this wonderful community @Rhysandfish
He and I have enjoyed numerous exotic pets throughout the years.

I have very little experience with keeping inverts. Centipedes fascinate me. Cheers!

Swede Baboon

Baboons are life
Martin here ... born in 1972,
Have finally qured my arachnophobia
through getting some T's .

I have my own business, love riding motorcycles.. currently a 2016 Hayabusa. Love reptiles. Scorpions ( both the rockgroup and the creauture) i live with my wife and 5 kids in Sweden. So excuse my not so perfect english at some Times

// M

khalil

Arachnopeon
hello arachnoboards' people
my name is khalil, 21yo,i dont have any tarantulas but i'm planning to have one in the future(after i work some things out)so i'm here reading a lot of threads and trying to get as much knowledge, and AB is full of it, lot of experienced people talking, and quick responses.P.S so far i just never wrote a reply so i thought i'd start in here, i usually just put a like rating or keep calm lol.
and i earlier today i read you guys have a cult xD so yeah maybe when i get my first T i can join that,but my 1st wouldnt be the goddes 0.1 Pelinobius muticus :smug:.
i dont know if this is worth noting but since i was young i was fascinated with spiders in general, how they eat,web,molt..etc
and i even raised some brown widows,a redback,a wolf wpider(at least i believe it was a wolf spider x.x) and others.

TicklishWyvern

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone :3 I'm Zoe, from the UK and I have one Brachypelma smithi/hamorii juvenile, who was sold to me as a female so I'm hoping she is :) (Pictures in the gallery for sexing)

I've been fascinated by spiders since I was little, and I am now working towards trying to educate people that they are not to be scared of.

I'm hoping if all goes well soon I may get a Brachypelma emilia and a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens :D I'd be very excited, but I want to make sure that Ophelia is definitely a female before I buy more supposed females from the same place.

Look forward to "meeting" everyone! ^.^

Abbio

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!
I'm new to Arachnoboards this is my first forum of any kind!

I've had my first T my G. rosea for 5 years and I'm currently with my 2 first time slings which i have already created posts about for your advice!

I decided its about time i get stuck in with the community! and learn from all you lovely people :)

See you around!

MeltDown

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm Jenelle and I live in North Carolina :D I've spent a little over half a year doing research (a lot of that involving posts on here) and just got my first T! At first I only joined to get an answer to one of my questions, but now I'm hoping to interact more with the community. I've always loved catching and caring for inverts, reptiles, and amphibians and look forward to easing into the world of tarantulas!! I'm a little shy at first though, so please take it easy with me :embarrassed:

Gloomcookie

Arachnopeon
Hi! I am a stay at home mum to 4 boys, and a lot of leggy children as well. I finally found my passion in life, it's for the inverts - going to go back to school and hope to study entomology - love you all, and the knowledge you are passing on!

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone!

My name is Grace, I'm 24 years, a postgraduate student from Portsmouth, UK. I'm just about to finish my masters degree in Clinical Psychology and I'm a learning disability support worker. I thought I would join this forum as I frequently read threads on here when I need advice about my 8 legged friends. I look forward to getting to know people on here, it's been a long time since I was part of an online community.

BenjiFPV

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

My name is Ben and I'm from the UK. My main hobbies are flying model planes and racing drones. I have just bought my first tarantula, it's a juvenile Mexican red rump (sorry I'm not clued up on the Latin names yet).

I was made aware of this forum by The Dark Den who I'm guessing most of you will have seen on YouTube. Watching his channel has gotten me really intrigued in spiders even though I have always had a fear of them. I feel like I am slowly getting over it especially as I can now watch my own one grow and mature.

This seems like an amazing community and I can't wait to get stuck in.

neabVeNoM

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

Hobbyist here, joined to see how others care for their pets. I'm into beetles myself, and I heard there are others who are here too. Can't own the wonderful spiders where I am in the states, but I do like looking at the pics.

See you around. Feel free to PM me any time.

Troyantula

Arachnopeon
Hello Arachnoboardians!
I've recently acquired a grammostola rosea and every time I had a question my phone directed me to this forum so I decided to come out of the shadows and move from lurking to posting:)

I would like to thank you all for the answers already provided as well as the patient you will most likely have to exhibit as I bombard you with noobish questions, lol... I've had a T for less then a week and I can already see getting more in the future, they are most definitely fascinating little critters!

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
With my return to the forum after a really busy year so far, I thought id re-re-re-introduce myself. I'm from Alberta, Canada. I have been keeping exotics, including inverts, reptiles and amphibians for about 20 years now give or take.
My first T years and years ago was a G. pulchripes and that got me hooked.

What's new with me. My kid turned 1and I bought a house and now have a room I'm renovating as my first ever T-room. The room is just over 100 sq feet, and will be escape proof with programmable lighting. I'm currently working on a system to control the air flow and temperature in the room, but wont be even remotely close till the new year. Anyways, good to be back, my collection is pretty thin at the moment but ill be working on that sooner than later ;)

Last edited:

wern101

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone. Greetings from South Africa.
My son recently acquired an Emperor Scorpion and has now twisted my arm to join the forum. :)

We live in the bush in South Africa and regularly have close encounters with a variety of creepy crawlies including the dreaded parabuthus transvaalicus. No incidents yet, fortunately.

Hoping to learn all there is to learn about these amazing little creatures.

BACKWOODS

Arachnopeon
Hello all its been a while bout ten years i used to be backwoods all the seasoned vet have heard of me looking to get back into this teach my young girl how truly amazing these special animals are

Scotian

Arachnopeon
Hey guys/gals
My name is Devon, I'm not "new" to tarantulas I've had my girl coming onto 3 years now, but I'm new to other species and I'm starting to now add to my collection!

Chrmm22sr

Arachnopeon
My name's Chris I'm fairly new to the hobby. I'm here to see and read information from those who have done this for years. I'm definitely green on a lot but am learning more daily.

Chris60

Arachnopeon
Hi All, my names Chris. I am new to keeping tarantulas although I have kept scorpions in the past. My setup is nearing completion, and takes into account that my house gets very cold in the winter. I have setup a glass fronted bookcase with lights under the shelves and a heat mat in attached to the rear. Currently the mat is not on as it is warm enough with just the LED lighting. Hope to get some nice photos and a bit of video shortly.