Introduce Yourself

NikoalW

Arachnopeon
Hey!!
My name is Nicole, I'm from Massachusetts. My father, Wadew, had me exposed to tarantulas at a very young age and I remember hours and hours spent at the dining room table feeding his extensive collection, ripping crickets into pieces occasionally, and watching each one eat. My first T was a G. rose that I received in my Easter Basket from the "Easter Bunny." I currently have two adult female C. cyaneopubescens, a G. Pulchra, and a P. Fasciata. I'm happy to have joined the boards and hopefully follow in my fathers foot steps!!!..... I don't know if I will be breeding E. olivacea anytime soon, though. Haha. :happy:

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
Hello everyone!

Long time lurker here from Cincinnati.

Looking forward to learning more and enjoying the hobby.

Adore

Arachnopeon
Hi! i'm glad I have found this website though I must say I'm really lost at the moment XD

I live in the UK where I work as a critical care nurse but I am originally from Spain. I used to have arachnophobia. Like, really bad phobia, i used to be unable to move and cry really badly at the sight of any arachnid. Thankfully I had a boyfriend back in Spain who introduced me to the hobby and together we had 12 tarantulas. He still keeps 8 of those and I feed them anytime I go to visit him. Last time I went to visit I helped him change and clean all enclosure and it was me who transferred "our" huge and hellish P.cancerides (she is so mean she will fall on her back with the threat poses she strikes, she gets so annoyed she will stand up so fast she will fall, bless her little dark soul XD)

I own three in my tiny flat in the UK. I really don't have much space so I have chosen my favourites to own. I have two unsexed juveniles, an A.geniculata and a P.fasciata and a subadult female H.mac. The are called Tanatos, Ananta Shesha and Adore.

Anyway, I don't think I will post much but i certainly will read and learn from you guys

Tarantuluva

Arachnoslave
Hello all who actually read this :)
I've been around the site for a minute under a different name, which was my direct email so since I couldn't change it, I made a new profile.

A little about me... female, 32, from Michigan. Married with three kids. Totally in love with tarantulas. I've found spiders to be fascinating since I was a little girl, and our 5.5 year old daughter is following in my foot steps! :)

Umm idk what else to say, introductions are so awkward for me. Lol. Once I'm comfortable here, I will post often as I love sharing our 8-legged babies and am so glad I found this website. I look forward to talking with you all and seeing your spiders too!

Here's a photo of one of my favorites, my female C. cyaneopubescens, Eris, after her most recent molt. Her transformation is astounding to experience. IMG_7766.JPG

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Hello all who actually read this :)
I've been around the site for a minute under a different name, which was my direct email so since I couldn't change it, I made a new profile.

A little about me... female, 32, from Michigan. Married with three kids. Totally in love with tarantulas. I've found spiders to be fascinating since I was a little girl, and our 5.5 year old daughter is following in my foot steps! :)

Umm idk what else to say, introductions are so awkward for me. Lol. Once I'm comfortable here, I will post often as I love sharing our 8-legged babies and am so glad I found this website. I look forward to talking with you all and seeing your spiders too!

Here's a photo of one of my favorites, my female C. cyaneopubescens, Eris, after her most recent molt. Her transformation is astounding to experience. View attachment 231980
Whereabouts in Michigan? Tip of the Mitt here!

Shotgunbadger

Arachnopeon
Hey all, pretty much brand new to this little world here. I'm kinda looking into this hobby as a way to handle my arachnophobia (nothing crippling but nerves that I'd like to get over) and frankly tarantulas were always the only kinda spiders I could stand anyway. I'm a 26 year old dude in Texas, currently going to school to be a funeral director so ya know I guess I figured I needed another creepy thing about me.

For real though I currently live in a small place and after losing my dog am kinda looking at pets with smaller needs anyway, nothing quite says small like 'a box with a spider in it'. Two birds with one stone and all, cute pet that won't be annoying in my new situation and some free phobia therapy. I haven't quite made the plunge yet, still researching and all, but I'm eyeing a cheap bundle that one place that apparently has good reviews is offering where I can get a Mexican Red Rump baby and set up enclosure for a good price.

cold blood

Staff member
For real though I currently live in a small place and after losing my dog am

but I'm eyeing a cheap bundle that one place that apparently has good reviews is offering where I can get a Mexican Red Rump baby and set up enclosure for a good price.
First off, I'm sorry to hear you lost your dog...that hurts:sorry:

Welcome to the hobby...soon.

The red rump, or Brachypelma vagans, is a very easy species to find cheaply, even as juvies. Set ups are only as expensive as you make them, and some of the best set ups are actually the cheapest. Condiment cups and deli cups are great for raising them

Shop the classifieds here on the boards and the corresponding review page to be sure the seller is reliable (the vast majority are very reliable, even other keepers selling).

Benurmanii

Arachnosquire
I'm gonna reintroduce myself, since I have been absent for almost a year.

Basically, I joined the forums because I was interested in getting back into the hobby after some accidental deaths due to cats, and so I bought a LP. Unfortunatley, I did not understand that my LP would be afraid of eating live food if still settling in after I bought it, and being very young, it ended up starving before it was suggested to me that I give it dead food, though that is sort of my fault for not seeking help sooner (I pretty much had lost all of my knowledge of T's from when I was in the hobby in 2008-2010). I have truly fallen in love with carnivorous plants, and so I am focusing my efforts there. I still have one T, a G. rosea (though I recall something about mislabeled of the species in pet shops, I could he wrong though). Of course, my G. rosea grows slower than a plant lol! Anyways, I'm not looking to getting back into inverts at the moment, but I'll try to be active on the forums, as I still do love them. I'll also be able to answer people's questions about carnicorous plants, should any arrise. I have really learned a lot over the past year about CPs, and have tripled to quadrupled my collection. I will get some pictures of my collection soon. :)

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
Hi everyone, just getting back into scorpions. I used to breed Pandinus imperator back in the 90's, life and moving caused me to stop. Now that my life has settled down I am wanting to get into desert species, not sure which yet, possibly hadrurus arizonensis or hadogenes troglodytes, in time maybe both. I joined the forum to learn and share info on breeding and care of scorpions and to hopefully find some friends in the hobby.. Great forum and glad to be here, by the way my name is Christopher and I live in central Michigan.

dmattenski

Arachnopeon
Hi all. I'm new to the world of Tarantulas, though I have wanted one since I was a teen, I got my first this Christmas (I'm 57 now) from my college-aged children and husband. G. rosea. I was so excited! Best present I ever got. She was beautiful. I say was because I lost her this weekend to DKS. I just posted my story under the DKS???? thread, but wanted to introduce myself and maybe get some encouragement that I can safely get another one once I recover from this loss. I spent the last two months being enthralled with these amazing creature....miss the little buggar.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I just posted my story under the DKS???? thread, but wanted to introduce myself and maybe get some encouragement that I can safely get another one once I recover from this loss. I spent the last two months being enthralled with these amazing creature....miss the little buggar.
I would not let one loss deter you from getting another tarantula. There are many wonderful, hardy species that are suitable for new keepers.

Pokeroo

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.
New member to the site. Been reading some threads as a guest for some time. Recently back into the hobby after several years away from it. Recently picked up a Grammostola Pulchripes and GBB sling. Hoping to get my 3.5 year old son excited about T's and reptiles (my younger boy down the road) much as I always have been. We recently attended a reptile /invert expo where we picked up the slings and he had a blast. We're in Ontario, Canada.

joly17

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

Recently received my first sling (C. Cyaneopubescens) from Jamies Tarantulas. I'm living in Newport News, VA but I'm from the suburbs of Chicago. By the way my name is Jeff. Really excited to become a part of this community and I look forward to the future! Here is a pic of my GBB

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hey all!

Recently received my first sling (C. Cyaneopubescens) from Jamies Tarantulas. I'm living in Newport News, VA but I'm from the suburbs of Chicago. By the way my name is Jeff. Really excited to become a part of this community and I look forward to the future! Here is a pic of my GBB
High Five man because you look like someone of GTA V into Ammu-Nation :-s

Arachnomusik80

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I picked up a new Pandinus imperator today, my first. I'm super stoked as I always wanted to own one. I joined the board to learn new information and familiarize myself more with the species.