Introduce Yourself

Kdeibert

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. My name is Karl and I live outside of Baltimore, Md. I love gardening, growing orchids, keeping planted aquariums, growing and hunting for mushrooms, and everything cold blooded!
When I was in high school I had 7 Ts and a trio wild caught black widows but I had to sell my collection when I went away to college. (They frown on keeping arachnids in dorm rooms)
I never lost my love for inverts, and Ifind great joy in looking for and observing spiders in my area, especially salticidae. Seven years later, Im getting back into the hobby. Well as much as my wife will let me....

Zuzu

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! My name is Chel but I go by Zuzu. I'm 20 years old and live in the California Bay Area as of right now. Will be moving down to LA eventually for school.

I just very recently got into insect keeping, and have one orchid mantis on the way soon (as well as possibly a giant Asian). If my mother will allow it (which she said maybe, haha) I may get some Hercules beetle larvae at some point! I'm an artist and love setting up terrariums/vivariums and adding details. Making a beautiful and livable home for my pets is one of my favorite parts! I'll be sure to post many pics when my mantid enclosures are finished.

As for other pets I own a male bearded dragon and a male koi betta, along with a cockatiel. There are more pets in the house but these are specifically mine.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

tiptoeTs

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

I'm 26, a college student, nature lover and new to the hobby. A tiny B. Albo sling from Jamie's Tarantulas, which I've named Tarot (like tarot cards), arrived two days ago.
I was terrified of any kind of spider while growing up. It wasn't until a few years ago, when we move to a home that gets frequented by guest Carolina wolfs, that I started to find them quite adorable and fascinating.

So after doing research and welcoming my little sling, I'm addicted already! However, the husband doesn't want me to get anymore. He just doesn't know a good time if it came up and slapped him, I'd say! Surely he won't notice another one...or ten...;)

I'd love to at least have an additional LP sling! Anyway, I'll probably give him some time and live vicariously through all of you until he comes around.
I'll post the few pictures that I have over in the proper area to introduce my little baby!
See you around!:happy:

aphono

Arachnobaron
Hi- grew up in a very rural area of so. Calif before it all exploded with all those tract housings... Had just three neighbors for a couple miles. Can't see that happening now lol Anyways, had very early exposure to wild desert type critters and was fascinated by all of them, including tarantulas. Fast forward to now- just last week I bought my very first tarantulas! A juvenile A. chalcodes, slings of: G. pulchripes, A. eutylenum(got this one for sentimental reasons- I think this is the main species I saw while growing up) and a "GBB"- still can't spell that one yet. It sure is eye catching already even though it is so small. Very cute sitting on its patch of web too. Quite vicious to pinhead crickets though- it pounces on them immediately. Awwwww......

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying those. By the way, signed up just now but had been visiting this forum on and off for a couple months and y'all along a couple online websites are the main reason I decided to get the G. pulchripes and GBB. I originally intended to only get Aphonopelma species from the south western U.S.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Holy,
The names Don. Currently a keeper of 27 ts, mainly old worlds. I'm not really into new worlds except for B.hammuri (formerly Smith), E. Murinus, and Psalmopoeus. I also keep centipedes, scorpions, and true spiders. If anyone knows of an American connection for the Australian huntsman, please contact me.

Thank you

sasker

Arachnoprince
Hi,
I'am Sasker from the Netherlands, currently living in Bulgaria. I am keeping tarantulas for 2 years now and I never expected the hobby to remain so interesting! I started with a few beginner species from the Brachypelma genus (B. emilia, B. smithy), Euathlus sp red, Grammastola pulchra and a Lasiodora parahybana. The reason I started keeping spiders is to overcome my arachnophobia (like so many other tarantula addicts). I am now considering moving on to more intermediate species, perhaps Pamphobeteus and Psalmopoeus. No Old World species for me. My wife is very supportive, but she drew a line :) Having a fast, defensive spider with potent venom in the house is not something she would be comfortable with. Luckily there so many interesting new world species!

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone!

I'm Casey! I'm 25 and currently living in Seattle, though I have lived in four other states, and so many cities that I have lost count. I definitely prefer Seattle over all the others.

I have always been fascinated with insects, arachnids, pretty much all creatures (except for mosquitos and earwigs). I started keeping tarantulas a little while ago, and already my collection has gone from one AF b.albopilosum, to now eight different Ts. It is so addicting! I find myself constantly thinking about my lovelies at home, and daydreaming of all those on my wish list. Obsessed? Verily.

I am so excited to watch them grow! Thanks for being here if I ever have any questions along the way. :D

Balahormiga

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone,
My Name is Everett. I have been interested in Entomology and microscopy for many years now. I have worked with the local zoo in raising and studying various species of Dacetines as well as some Camponotus. I have an interest in tarantulas as well. I have 18 years experience as a research chemist and have a rather extensive lab located in my basement dedicated to biology in general. I am looking forward to spending more time in the coming months on the forum.

BIGKushKlouds

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, my name is BIGKushKlouds but you guys can call me Chris if you'd like. I am way down here in the great state of Georgia. I'm really not sure what else to say here but umm yea thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting you guys and hopefully you guys can give me info that I may not have and maybe I can do the same in return.

Tia Denton

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

My name is tia and what brings me here is that my husband wanted a T so i got him and i am the biggest arachnophobe in the world so in the process of getting him one i got myself one... we are now the owners of a chaco sling and curly hair sling....
:arghh: why did i talk myself into getting spiders!!!!

pray and hope i make it through the experience

Nympxzie

Arachnopeon
My name is Jess I'm 19, just finishing up school.
I'm new the to forum and to spider keeping. I'm looking to get a burrowing tarantula as my first spider.

GatorWrestler303

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone Jason from Colorado. Just got my first T 2 weeks ago and really enjoying it so far. I usually work with far bigger predator animals or more venomous but it's been a great change of pace for me. Right now I just have a Rosie but might be adding another 1 or 2 T. Look forward to talking with many of you.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
I already introduced myself the other day, but I just got into my first debate on Arachnoboards, so I can say I'm officially part of the community now. :p

Thaneem

Arachnopeon
Hello. My name is Steve. I actually had an account on this site in 2003-2004, but I can't remember what my username was. Anyway, I'm from CT but moved to south FL 2 years ago. With a climate like this, getting back into inverts was pretty much irresistible.

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
Hello all. After lurking this and other forums for a few months now I picked up my first T on an impulse while getting a new tank for my frogs. I had planned on ordering some slings once the frozen north thawed, but you know how it goes. Saw a Juvinile LP in the store with a recent molt. Next thing I new it was my co pilot for a 7 hour drive back home. (Was at a conference at the time) that evening moved it out of its tiny container into something that should last awhile. The T was a sweetheart. No hairs, no bolting. Actually seemed to stubbornly refuse to move more then a leg at a time with gentle prodding. Finally it got tiered with my leg touching and calmly walked into its new home. Offered a cricket latter that evening which it pounced on with such speed and violence that it reminded my to never get complacient. The wife is soooooo not happy with my new addiction, but I sure am. Cheers all.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Hello. My name is Steve. I actually had an account on this site in 2003-2004, but I can't remember what my username was. Anyway, I'm from CT but moved to south FL 2 years ago. With a climate like this, getting back into inverts was pretty much irresistible.
Welcome back to the boards:)

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Hello all. After lurking this and other forums for a few months now I picked up my first T on an impulse while getting a new tank for my frogs. I had planned on ordering some slings once the frozen north thawed, but you know how it goes. Saw a Juvinile LP in the store with a recent molt. Next thing I new it was my co pilot for a 7 hour drive back home. (Was at a conference at the time) that evening moved it out of its tiny container into something that should last awhile. The T was a sweetheart. No hairs, no bolting. Actually seemed to stubbornly refuse to move more then a leg at a time with gentle prodding. Finally it got tiered with my leg touching and calmly walked into its new home. Offered a cricket latter that evening which it pounced on with such speed and violence that it reminded my to never get complacient. The wife is soooooo not happy with my new addiction, but I sure am. Cheers all.

Welcome to the boards! Congrats on your new little (not so little in the near future) friend XD LPs are so much fun (I'm currently raising 10 ) Hope to see some pics of your little guy/girl in the forums.