Genus Selenocosmia

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like a vision from one of my dreams, Great job Robert!

AussieTkeeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
hmm VERY NICE! :) whats the size at now?
Um thats a good question, I haven't had a chance to really measure as it still likes to hide from me but by now its would be classed as almost sub adult i would think and maybe around the 9 to 10cm leg span mark.

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very impressive...Is she really aggressive ? i bet she is ? ! ?
Anywho nice pics and nice ....really nice looking T :clap:

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love the darker colored Ts it makes them look mean, most people tease me about having an orange T....i just tell them to stick their hand in there and then they will stop teasing me....haven't had any takers yet! ;P

-Matty

AussieTkeeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
I love the darker colored Ts it makes them look mean, most people tease me about having an orange T....i just tell them to stick their hand in there and then they will stop teasing me....haven't had any takers yet! ;P

-Matty
LOL yeah my girl can very very defensive is you annoy her

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just confused

hello... sorry for my ignorance but, is Chilocosmia peerboomi and Selenocosmia peerboomi the same species?

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
rex_arachne said:
hello... sorry for my ignorance but, is Chilocosmia peerboomi and Selenocosmia peerboomi the same species?
Hi,

yes, they are! Firstly described as "Chilocosmia peerboomi" the Species of the genus Chilocosmia were transfered to the Genus Selenocosmia by Dr. Raven. So, "Chilocosmia peerboomi" is in Selenocosmia now.

Cheers, Volker

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the genus Chilocosmia were transfered to the Genus Selenocosmia by Dr. Raven. So, "Chilocosmia peerboomi" is in Selenocosmia now.
Hi Volker,

do you assume they will belong there? ;)

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Selenocosmia" aff. crassipes - Spiderling :) - female ;P

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

Can you say something about of this picture? What I see on picture. Labium i know but more. Charakteristic things of this species.

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

i think Steve or even Volker can say more about those spiders. I'm not so into asian/australian taxonomy. ;)