Cringy tarantula videos

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Barczyk is a complete tosser. This is the same guy who defends keeping reticulated and Burmese pythons in tubs so small they fill half the space while curled up, he says “they aren’t active, they don’t stretch out in the wild, they prefer small spaces” meanwhile anybody who’s ever seen videos of them stalking around SE Asian villages looking for chickens or stray cats knows that’s not true in the slightest
Retics, Burms, Anacondas etc. shouldn't even be kept as pets in my opinion. They are beautiful powerful creatures best respected from a distance.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I'm big into reptiles and that's how i started keeping exotic pets, Brian's early videos really educated me on different kinds of ball python morphs and how to differentiate them and possible genetic disorders some of them have but now he's just doing stupid stuff and lost all my respect. Taking a good 2 minutes to talk about his Yeezy shoes on snake videos and this video was the last straw for me when it comes to him. First of all using his giant snakes as circus props more than educational animals, second of all notice how nowhere in the video does it disclaim it's a non chlorinated pool which it most likely isn't which is awful for any reptile. He's losing his integrity left and right trying to be a reptile keeping version of Casey Neistat. Cringy as hell
I’m no snake expert but I’m sure chlorine isn’t good for snakes and I’m almost 100% sure jake Paul isn’t good for anyone so this whole video is cringey

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
Barczyk is a complete tosser. This is the same guy who defends keeping reticulated and Burmese pythons in tubs so small they fill half the space while curled up, he says “they aren’t active, they don’t stretch out in the wild, they prefer small spaces” meanwhile anybody who’s ever seen videos of them stalking around SE Asian villages looking for chickens or stray cats knows that’s not true in the slightest
You survived the Dilophosaurus attack :eek:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Is anybody here in the reptile hobby as well? There’s a video/vlog episode by Brian Barczyk (sp?) where he gets people to hold a rose hair to get over their fear at his Reptarium. I had to facepalm a little bit because he’s a big influence for thousands of people and it was a bit irritating when he had people hold the tarantula a couple feet in the air that were shaking. It’s like a disaster waiting to happen....

I used to watch this guy a lot

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Agreed. Then I learned how much of a complete idiot he is.
Way back when he first started he was a great source of info, now he’s just doing things for views it seems. It’s a shame when somebody else who was your go to guy for info changes like that

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Agreed. Then I learned how much of a complete idiot he is.
Way back when he first started he was a great source of info, now he’s just doing things for views it seems. It’s a shame when somebody else who was your go to guy for info changes like that
I know nothing about snakes and not watched him forever, what stuff he doing that is wrong? a part from the tarantula handling and questionable snake enclosures.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I know nothing about snakes and not watched him forever, what stuff he doing that is wrong? a part from the tarantula handling and questionable snake enclosures.
With all the animals he does have, he isn’t always able to care for them properly. I've heard countless stories about how his animals have mites (which is a big thing in the reptile hobby), RI, etc. Keeping larger snakes in tubs isn't a bad thing, as much as people make it out to be, but you NEED to give them exercise. Take them out every other day, I used to take mine out every day for at least 30-45 min while I was in my reptile room, granted mine had a bit bigger enclosures.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Keeping larger snakes in tubs isn't a bad thing, as much as people make it out to be, but you NEED to give them exercise. Take them out every other day, I used to take mine out every day for at least 30-45 min while I was in my reptile room, granted mine had a bit bigger enclosures.
Agreed, snakes don’t really care if they’re in a tub or tank as long as it’s done right because they have no concept of plastic vs glass. The problem comes when such a large snake is kept in tubs as tiny as Barczyk’s for its entire life

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Oh god he's encroaching on our hobby...

Also, I'm a part of some herpetology/herp groups and apparently if anyone makes any jokes that have to do with him, he threatens to sue?...

Luka98

Arachnosquire

The guys son apparently makes vlogs too...
I'll never understand feeding mammals to tarantulas, i bet the cleanup for that is disgusting and if it's a live one feeding something that big that can feel pain to a tarantula while knowing how they consume their prey is pretty sadistic imo.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
That's highly debateble... It's forbidden by law in quite a few European countries... I detest the practice.
I suppose it depends on the sort of tub they’re talking about. Keeping them in plastic draws is something I really don’t like to see but when it’s something like a large plastic storage tub I don’t see a problem given that the tub is large enough. That said with the size of some of those snakes you might just be better off converting a wardrobe or large cabinet or something into an enclosure

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I suppose it depends on the sort of tub they’re talking about. Keeping them in plastic draws is something I really don’t like to see but when it’s something like a large plastic storage tub I don’t see a problem given that the tub is large enough. That said with the size of some of those snakes you might just be better off converting a wardrobe or large cabinet or something into an enclosure
Or honestly making your own enclosures. I wouldn’t stuff an adult retic/Burmese python into a tub, or even a decent sized sub adult/juvie, it’s disheartening to see that people do that. Probably why Barcyzk had so many ‘angry’ (as he calls it) snakes. I’d be angry too if I was 15 feet and you stuffed me into a rack system.