AB records

kryptix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm pretty new to T's but I thought Blondi's were supposed to get to the 12" mark :? After reading this thread though I'm guessing that's just a selling point?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes just like it was 11" before the molt. {D
I actualy admitted I was wrong in the video, personaly to you!!!:D I realy did think she was....I measured her once, but I must have mis measured her.....it is hard to measure a T like her....she is quite mean LOL :razz:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm pretty new to T's but I thought Blondi's were supposed to get to the 12" mark :? After reading this thread though I'm guessing that's just a selling point?
VERY, Very very Rare

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have a P ornata that is over 8", i cant tell she never stretches out pokie stance where i can get a ruler near her. But one day she was on the glass with her legs sort of pulled in and was a solid 8" id be afraid to try to guess how she would measure up stretched out .
my T blondi is about 9" or so. She is in the breeding project now. And i had an A. anax that was close to 7". now deceased. got a female thats 6" or better.

gbbgirl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Every bit as plump and juicy as before. It's amazing, i guess it's premolt but the bald spot on her bum hasn't darkened past a medium chocolate brown in that amount of time either. She is SO scruffy.
Rosies are sooooo weird. I have a sling that I watched hatch out Dec. 15 07, and have raised ever since. It is only 1.5" or so now, but it's been marked as "pre molt" (b/c it's been refusing food) since October 15th. It FINALLY molted December 30th. 2 and a half months not eating, and it's totally fine. I've never seen such craziness. With all the time spent in pre-molt, the Stinker has been refusing food for about half it's life!

I'll get some mesurments up of my adults, when I have time off work. My GBB female is probably btwn 5.5"-6", and my H. lividum seems to be bigger than thats, she's WC and the person who gave her to me has had her for 5-6 years...so she's pretty old.

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. braunshauseni, C. cyaneopubescens, G. rosea

Alright so I got some pics. I got the big Avic out and ooooooo she's so cose to 7". I'm going to say probably 6 3/4" across but not quite at 7" (rounded up she is :D ). Won't know for sure till she molts. For kicks, I checked out my C. cyaneopubescens too. She's just over 5" probably 5 1/4 or 5 1/2" measured across. For more kicks, I whipped out my old male G. rosea. I'm sure somebody could beat this guy in a heartbeat with a Chaco or something but he is pretty big for a mature G. rosea male. He's over 5" also. (keep in mind the Ts should be measured diagnolly) Enjoy!

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If by your definition of " VERY, Very very rare" you mean never then I agree :)
I've seen a nearly 12 in male blondi in French Guiana. I know they exist. It was mounted in a store selling stuffed monkeys, caiman, parrots and 15 ft snake skins. (It's been 20 years. I imagine those stores no longer exist.) I also saw some in the wild that were, without measuring them, nearly a foot. They used to wonder into camp attracted to my light.

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Longest fast

One of my G. rosea went off food for 2 years, but that was about 5 years ago. Not sure how I could attach proof of that tho!!:eek:

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think to be fare is to have a "live" and recent T taken with tape measure beside it, and pic must be taken straight up, not angled. Basically if the live T's legs not fully stretch we can easily add 1/4 of an inch or 1/2" of an inch or more to compensate for relax posed.
Anyone can take pic of molt and make it way bigger than it really is and another thing why molt pics wont meant a crap is the T is bigger than the recent molt, so whats the sense of taking molt pics other than for sexing the T? imo

btw: I got this one female Sing. blue thats really huge, im sure over 8" relax post. But I wont waste time taking pic of her untill some of the T's got title without real proof of there actual live size pics. I also have a King Baboon female that pretty big.

Last edited:

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with the fact that a hand on a molt in a pic only signifies a stretching or pulling of the molt which I believe gives an inaccurate reading.

I do think that a molt pic such as ryan's and ottawaherp's are acceptable.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think to be fare is to have a "live" and recent T taken with tape measure beside it, and pic must be taken straight up, not angled. Basically if the live T's legs not fully stretch we can easily add 1/4 of an inch or 1/2" of an inch or more to compensate for relax posed.
Anyone can take pic of molt and make it way bigger than it really is and another thing why molt pics wont meant a crap is the T is bigger than the recent molt, so whats the sense of taking molt pics other than for sexing the T? imo

btw: I got this one female Sing. blue thats really huge, im sure over 8" relax post. But I wont waste time taking pic of her untill some of the T's got title without real proof of there actual live size pics. I also have a King Baboon female that pretty big.
Keep in mind that a molt will also shrink once it is hardened....I do agree with a the relaxed pose though......I posted a pic of my big female "zillas" molt to show her size before the molt....I won't be able to get a good measurement for a few weeks until she hardens!!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I agree with the fact that a hand on a molt in a pic only signifies a stretching or pulling of the molt which I believe gives an inaccurate reading.

I do think that a molt pic such as ryan's and ottawaherp's are acceptable.
A hand on it does not mean stretching....I did that to get the legs in position.....I would never pull on a molt....it would tear!!!