AB records

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haplopelma hainanum (OW)

For OW species, I've got a H. hainanum that might be pushing almost 8". She will hopefully molt in the next few months too. I've got pics, but not really anything that shows off her true size. I'd take more but I don't want to destroy that beautiful hole :mad: Should she come out in the next decade I'll throw a ruler next to her. As for an 11" T. blondi, that's pretty darn big make sure your measuring in inches lol, but I do believe it. My female molted three months ago and her molt measured 9" across, and I know she is bigger now.

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. hainanum

Ok nevermind the last pic. I was able to draw her out of her burrow by tapping the entrance with some tongs. And I lied :eek: , she's about 7". It's hard to see the ruler but she's easily 5" from what you can see, but from tips of opposite legs across she is about 7" exactly.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmm, should there not be a male / female catagory?

My big ones are,

B.smithi male (unhooked) easily past the 6" mark, older picture in AB somewhere.

N. chromatus female in the 6 1/2" to 7" mark, if she wasn't so nasty I would try to take a ruler shot.

C. cyan GBB female in the 6 1/2" + mark. I have an older ruler shot, but she has moulted since.

How about oldest? I have a rosie in the 20yr or older range.

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To franklin and ottawaherp

franklin: if you can post photographic proof, or have a couple other members confirm it, then it will probably hold the African tarantula, OW tarantula, and C. Crawshayi title unless/until a tarantula in any category it holds with a greater legspan can be found. Robc's T. Blondi got in because a good number of people confirmed it.
ottawaherp: ditto. I will be waying the pros and cons of the male/female division thing

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ya you lost me with the bracelet and necklace comment.............:confused:
I would think my obscure (not really) reference to guys lying about size would be easy to get, but I don't get what you are talking about.
Why are you attacking me!!! DO NOT call me a liar....that is uncalled for Ryan!!!

Atreyuhero4

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i havent seen ya post in a while rob thought maybe another pokie got you or maybe zilla did ;P

P.S. rob you should also post your big lasiodora parahybana

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why are you attacking me!!! DO NOT call me a liar....that is uncalled for Ryan!!!
Umm maybe you better go re read my comments. The comment you quoted was not directed at you. And my only comment about an 11" blondi is I will believe it when I see it.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think pictures should be posted before taking any title.

hint hint, It may help.