Your white whale...?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
There are no desired T's that are out of my reach.
The nicest species IMHO happen not to be the rare or expensive ones.

For instance, P. metallica would have to stand on a tall ladder indeed to kiss the rump of P. regalis, subfusca, ornata or tigrinawellesi. At least to my taste.
My P regalis is nice, but I sure want a P. metallica. I'd like to have a larger Togo (H maculata). I'd like a P nigricolor. Probably more GBBs. I will have 4 suntigers (P. irminia) next week - I think they are lovely.

I will probably have them someday. I just want something a little larger than 2" slings... just me. Right now I have 34 assorted Ts from 2nd instar to 7". I just like them a bit bigger, though I find the slings amusing.

Marga

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
have you checked out living safari? ive seen a few sail fins there and frilled too.
I want to get a Sailfin.
But i've read they are hard to care for.
EX: Need lot's of water in the cage(don;t want to clean the water out;))
Feed every day(don't want to buy crix,mealworms,pinkies,and lizard salad every 3 days:?)

I'm okay with a Frill right now.
I really want a Blue tree monitor.(i'm goood with spending a couple on something as pretty as this)http://www.biolib.cz/en/image/id58151/:drool:

This is all really based on how my a.versicolor breeding go's:p

PS Living Safari?
Never heard of that!:D

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aphonopelma moorei is my white whale. :D
I google imaged Aphonopelma Moorei and this is what came up:

Are you telling me there is an Aphono that is a spittin image of a GBB??? If that is not a GBB than I agree with Quiztar as this is now my white whale too.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Definitely E. cyanognathus. I've always wanted one, but they are near impossible to find in Canada. They are quite a striking specimen. Almost looks as if they belong in a comic book.

And if I can't find one of those then I suppose I'd be happy with a breeding pair of Psalmopoeus maya.

But to be perfectly honest with you my holy grail of all arachnids isn't a T at all, it's Pandercetes gracilis. If I could get a gravid female of this species I would be truly happy.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely E. cyanognathus. I've always wanted one, but they are near impossible to find in Canada. They are quite a striking specimen. Almost looks as if they belong in a comic book.

And if I can't find one of those then I suppose I'd be happy with a breeding pair of Psalmopoeus maya.

But to be perfectly honest with you my holy grail of all arachnids isn't a T at all, it's Pandercetes gracilis. If I could get a gravid female of this species I would be truly happy.
I want a Blue fang too, they're so cute :drool:

Lorum

Arachnosquire
If that is not a GBB than I agree with Quiztar as this is now my white whale too.
Yes, that is an Aphonopelma mooreae (not moorei). Beautiful T's, very hard to get...

I also want an Avicularia juruensis (they are just gorgeous, IMO)... Maybe next year, if there are some slings still available in spring.

I think actually we all can get any T we want... just that maybe we can't have it when we want it more, hehe.:rolleyes:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor is the one I simply cannot seem to raise up. There's something about that species that I cannot do.:wall:

I've raised a beautiful A. bicegoi! But. A. versicolor..not a chance, after a few..I have given up for now. :(

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor is the one I simply cannot seem to raise up. There's something about that species that I cannot do.:wall:

I've raised a beautiful A. bicegoi! But. A. versicolor..not a chance, after a few..I have given up for now. :(
Maybe try with a bigger sling?

I've had luck with starting at closer to 1", and after I got more experienced keeping slings, it's gotten MUCH better. My smallest was about 1/8" when I first got him, now he's doubled in size... still tiny, but a cute little bugger.