Your white whale...?

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. purpurea, P. subfusca, and M. balfouri are on the top of my list now. i'm making an end of year resolution; to not give in and order til next year. ;)
i like this list. p. subfusca is currently at the top of mine and now that i have a versi, a. purpurea currently is the only other avic i want to own.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am going to have to go with the Psalmopoeus victorii....

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am right there with ya! I have no problem spending 60-100$ for a single sling such as a T. blondi or Xenethis immanis. I am a bit weary of investing 180$ on one sling. I would rather buy a 4" female for 400$ than a sling. I have never had a pokie sling die but if it did i would be furious! LOL I always see them on the list but id rather have 4 or 5 of the other "midgrade" Ts instead! :D I guess one of these days when i am able to make a pretty penny from some of my Adult females i will consider it. :liar: Not to mention i have the desire to have multiples of each sp. :wall:
I spent $300.00 on a 1/2" sling LOL!!!:eek:

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
G. pulchra so far...had one picked out at a local shop, but it sold the day before we went to purchase it....and with the lack of T vendors at local expos this year, there are just none available locally.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus leetzi... I can never seem to find them, or I find one called "Sp. leetzi" and it doesn't look the same.

I do want that P. metallica too, though

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. ihiringi. Yes, they're available right now but I can't justify spending that much money on one spider. People need to get breeding!

Lorum

Arachnosquire
I am going to have to go with the Psalmopoeus victorii....
It is still Psalmopoeus sp.

I know the biologist that is (suposedly) describing the species, but he hasn't published anything yet (I doubt a little of his work; as far as I remember he only had one mature male, so I'm wondering if he will make the description based only in one holotype and no paratype specimens... not very good IMO).

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is still Psalmopoeus sp.

I know the biologist that is (suposedly) describing the species, but he hasn't published anything yet (I doubt a little of his work; as far as I remember he only had one mature male, so I'm wondering if he will make the description based only in one holotype and no paratype specimens... not very good IMO).
Ah.. I didnt know that.. Thanks.. :)

azgbb

Arachnopeon
A MF Nhandu tripepii.........................
I went to see Steve at petsinc and picked up your other male. Three females and two males! If i don't breeed anything else I'd be happy with these.

I'll be sure to set you up with a buttload of slings!!

My white whale. . . . probably C. marshalli males.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. pulchra so far...had one picked out at a local shop, but it sold the day before we went to purchase it....and with the lack of T vendors at local expos this year, there are just none available locally.
Tarcan has a bunch of slings. If I wasn't so attached to mine (my first T) I'd offer it to you.

I've gotta say its between these two, but for 200$ a sling I can't get my head around it.

Xenesthis immanis
Xenesthis sp. Blue

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Another to add to my list, but it isn't as big as P. metallica: a male P. platyomma. I love those purple buggers.

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does it have to be a T.
Hydrosaurus Weberi(sailfin dragon) or A Frilled Lizard(have already had one when I was 7,of couse it died).:(
Otherwise an Avicularia Braunshauseni:?

have you checked out living safari? ive seen a few sail fins there and frilled too.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There are no desired T's that are out of my reach.
The nicest species IMHO happen not to be the rare or expensive ones.

For instance, P. metallica would have to stand on a tall ladder indeed to kiss the rump of P. regalis, subfusca, ornata or tigrinawellesi. At least to my taste.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are no desired T's that are out of my reach.
The nicest species IMHO happen not to be the rare or expensive ones.

For instance, P. metallica would have to stand on a tall ladder indeed to kiss the rump of P. regalis, subfusca, ornata or tigrinawellesi. At least to my taste.
That's why I asked! Everyone has their own different species as a favorite. :p

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Maybe a dumb question, but is P. platyomma the same as P. sp. machalla? I am a bit confused i see both for sale as slings and they look the same. :? :confused:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe a dumb question, but is P. platyomma the same as P. sp. machalla? I am a bit confused i see both for sale as slings and they look the same. :? :confused:
I don't think they are, but I could be wrong. Would be good to know, though :eek:

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine Would be A M.mesomelas... I had a choice b/w my P.met or my M.mesomelas... We all know which 1 i still have:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: