Your Dumbest Tarantula Names

KNV

Arachnopeon
Not my tarantula, but when I was younger, my cousins had a Brachypelma Albopilosum they named Mr. Octopus. Turned out to be a Ms. Octopus when she got big enough to look at the molt. I thought that was a cute name either way. I remember her being really docile and tolerant.

Dawsy14

Arachnopeon
I’ve got 4 tarantulas, and they are called... tranny number 1, tranny number 2, tranny number 3, and tranny number 4

Serafeimink

Arachnopeon
I just call her fluffy or britts nightmare. My wife can’t even look at a picture or video on her phone of a spider without getting he heebeegeebees. So now that there is a spider in the house she has avoided the room it’s kept in like the plague.

I think my next three will be, Powerglide, C6, and Alonso

Last edited by a moderator:

Serafeimink

Arachnopeon
Well, I think I know what your other hobbies are lol.
SimRacing, F1, GT1-4, and building cars/tuners. I put even more on another post somewhere lol.

I wish I was better at simracing so I could get a following on twitch and YouTube

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
My vinegaroon’s names are Lobster, Tank, and Samus. My damon medius is named crab because she just so happened to look like a crab.

Madea

Arachnopeon
I named my 'Aphonopelma seemanni' Mouse.
She will only eat pinkies and fuzzies.
She is too darn picky, so I named her after her fav food.
All my others are named after food..
Mushu, Noodles and Ramen.
And my OBT is named Soupie.

Advise: I use a label maker..
I put the name on there enclosure with species and sex.
That way I don't loose my mind, lol 20190723_225238.jpg 20190723_225301.jpg

Last edited:

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
My juvie LP is our first T, we've had it for a week and a half, it's name is Hairy Osbourne, because I promised my son he could name the first one, lol. Our late ASF was named Venom. I can't wait to get more and give them all silly ridiculous names. Spidey McSpiderface comes to mind :)

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I usually I have my friends name my Ts. This has resulted in such winners as "Shaq Fu" the Nhandu coloratovilosus and "Chronic the Spiderhog" the E. sp Red.

One I'm particularly proud of naming myself: a Homoeoma sp blue named "No Homo" (I sure hope that species doesn't get reclassified to a new genus)

My LPS's breeder L. parahybana is named Kim Kardashian

Moebius

Arachnopeon
One of the Psalmopoeus pulcher is named "Unstoppable Booteh". It's sticking, I'm adamant on it.

The big female M. balfouri is "The Yeti", out of that old Christmas claymation cartoon (whites/creams and blue coloration) that had the toothache. Maybe she will be renamed in the future, we'll see. As is she's reclusive and would likely blend right in on a glacier, mountain or some other out-of-the-way-my-balls-froze-off place.

Had a gold form N. incei named "Nugget"; both in reference to the color and his small, bite-sized appearance. He was also a chicken when it came to females, so it worked both ways, though he puttered out eventually, dem male lifespans.

There's a C. versicolor MM called "Mini-me". I originally thought it to be a female, had 'em named Jewel. He lost a leg one molt and at his ultimate molt regenerated it... in a little tiny (but functional) waggler. He matured quite small compared to what I'm used to for C. versis as well. I suppose Nemo would also apply but I'm kinda burnt out on 3D animation kids movies lol.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Named my P. cambridgei Prank, because two other slings that came with him died or were in extremely bad shape and he seemed to be on verge of death as well. That was actually his prank. He molted next day and been doing great ever since.

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
Before I got my two (a curly hair and a B hamorri) I’d already picked their names: Mildred and Deano.

When I was reading about T’s on here every time I saw the name B hamorii I’d get an earworm of Dean Martin singing “When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie - that’s hamorii”, so he had to be Deano.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Thinking I'm going to call my new GBB Bitsa Talent. That was the US side of John Entwistle's music publishing company, Bitsa Talent Ltd. Bitsa for short.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Had a gold form N. incei named "Nugget"; both in reference to the color and his small, bite-sized appearance. He was also a chicken when it came to females, so it worked both ways, though he puttered out eventually, dem male lifespans.
Hehe, I called my N. incei gold "Nugget" as well. :D It's a female though, so, I hope she'll stay a bit longer. I'm very sorry you lost yours. Those two would've been the perfect match. ;)

But the "award" for the dumbest name has to go to my H. chilensis. He was one of my first Ts and my very first sling. While rehousing him from the shipping container into his enclosure he made a run for it. And I thought: "Wow, it's very fast!" (Hey! Don't laugh! I was a newbie back then! :embarrassed:) So, because of that and the lovely red spot on his abdomen, I called him "Flash"! Little did I know he would be the slowest growing T on this earth (or in the whole multiverse). :rolleyes:
Well, now, you're allowed to laugh! :p:rofl: