Your Dumbest Tarantula Names

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
I named the L. klugi I had Bob. People that aren't me always ask what the names are, then they can't keep track of the names -.- so with the last 3 I got I pretty much stopped naming and go by the nomenclature.

Tangled

Arachnopeon
I have one with a name, Sting, after the singer and his preference for tantric sex. Sting, my male C. leetzi, stayed in leg lock with a female for 3 hrs when I paired him the first time.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
My only T is a little A. seemanni sling named Lil Stinker. Not because of anything it’s done, it’s just the only thing that stuck.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Wow. I’m surprised no one said “All of them.” The unofficial name of my brachypelma hamorii is zha zha Gabor.

Jayk

Arachnopeon
My t Names are as follows:

A.Genic - Fat B*stard
P.Regalis - The White one
P.Met - The Blue one
C.Versi - Houdini
G.Pulchripes - Slow mo guy

Have 5 more un-named t's.

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
Arnold Schwarzelegger.
I think the award for dumbest tarantula name goes to Arnold Schwarzelegger!

Also have a scorp called Eugene.
And award for dumbest scorpion name definitely goes to Eugene... Eugene the scopion... Damn man.

My son calls my mature male Avicularia avicularia Lord Commander Finkledink. I have no clue why, the kid is 21.
Honourable mention goes to Lord Commander Finkledink for making me google finkledink!

I think this needs a poll to be done officially

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
0.1.2 B. albopilosum (Nicaragua): Broom, Feather Duster, Toothbrush

0.1.0 B. albopilosum (honduran): Mop

0.1.0 E. pachypus: La Reina De Los Diablos

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
I like all the names I give all of my pets, so I can't really call any of them "dumb." If you mean "most embarrassing name to say aloud", though, then that would definitely be a cat I had named "Princess Fluffybutt." It's a Borderlands reference, and was very appropriate for her.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I googled finkledink... and I think I need to bathe in holy water.
Thank you for saving me the trauma. I won't Google it now!

0.1.2 B. albopilosum (Nicaragua): Broom, Feather Duster, Toothbrush

0.1.0 B. albopilosum (honduran): Mop

0.1.0 E. pachypus: La Reina De Los Diablos
I still think your B. albo names are THE BEST.

I like all the names I give all of my pets, so I can't really call any of them "dumb."
This! I really put effort and time into naming my pets, so I don't consider any of their names to be dumb. Some could be called silly, maybe... and nonsensical, definitely lol

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I googled finkledink... and I think I need to bathe in holy water.
OMG I did because you did!!! Him and I are having a little chat when he wakes up tomorrow.
I'm scared. Should I be scared? I'm not looking it up :lurking:

As for "stupid names", I suppose all my spider names could be considered dumb if you don't watch anime.

But generally speaking, the dumb names are:

• Spood (my very first T, a G. pulchripes sling)
  • Leggy Sue (the unofficial name of my A. seemani given to her by my boyfriend because he bought her)
  • Leggy Drew (my MM A. avic because Leggy Sue was already a thing so it had to be done)

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
I named my Tapinauchenius rasti (ex. sp. Caribbean Diamond), Caicos. I named her that because I did a Google search to see where "Caribbean Diamond" was, I don't know, maybe it was a reference to a particular location. I did find a Caribbean Diamond resort in the Turks and Caicos Islands. So, I named her Caicos. Months later, I found out that sp. Caribbean Diamond was synonymous with sp. Union Island, named after an island in the Grenadines, nowhere near the Turks and Caicos...

Stupid names... oh, so I named my big L. klugi female, Wanda. When she molted back in 2016, I noticed she had a weak spot in her exoskeleton on the underside of abdomen and got freaked out that she might die. In that panic, I bought a L. klugi sling online and named it Wanda Jr. 2 years later, Wanda Jr. is now a mature male and I'm considering mating the two since it looks like the mating a few months ago between Wanda and Pietro was not successful. I don't know, mating Wanda and Wanda Jr. just sounds incestuous...

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
My female Cyriopagopus minax is named Big M (M stands for big meanie) and she was the second tarantula I ever got cause my parents bought her at a pet store for me when I was in 7th grade. My first T was Zeus, my female Brachypelma hamorri.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
My dumbest name is niki minaj. My pumpkin patch had a big but for a while. She has slimmed down quite a bit.