Species Xenesthis immanis

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks dan i have tried to sex these guys a couple times. but they have a habit of munching there molts up before i get a chance. i have read on here that its does happen a little gay spider sex i mean lol:eek:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks dan i have tried to sex these guys a couple times. but they have a habit of munching there molts up before i get a chance. i have read on here that its does happen a little gay spider sex i mean lol:eek:
it happened before when a pair go true mating motions
and second spider later molts in to mature male
that is what I heard :eek:

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
coulda been a bit risky, given the species. you shoulda posted some ventral pics, that wouldaa atleast given you an idea, lol
Awesome pics tho

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have been keeping 3 of these guys for a while know. i have looked at them ventraly. i also keep a lot of other spiders and have pretty good eye for picking out females. of coarse not saying i can do this with any kind of authority what so ever. this particulary spices is hard to find some one eles who has a female of the same type as well as matching up long hairs and sort hairs. so with my three all being from the same type because they all came from the same egg sac. it was a no brainer. why let the male just waist away. i had to take a shot so i put him in with the one i thought was most likely female. i have one more still but iam not as hopefull of it being female so i'll try and mate these to again after he makes another sperm web. than maybe try with the other one too its worth a shot. chris..

Last edited:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, either way, good luck with your breedings. :D hope you get a big ole sac full! {D i had two immanis at one point, both were 5"-6" males.

dan

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hello there!

i attach some of my new pets; it's Xenesthis immanis

its leg span is between 5 and 7 cms.

take care..

-locke

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just took some more pictures of this spider. it was march 19 that i took the first photos. so almost 5 months ago i havent been really feeding it all that much i am sure she would have eaten a lot more. what do you guys think is she gravid or just normal size considering its been almost 5 months. i tried to get better pictures beside the tape measure but she was not coperating at all and was very bitey. so i thought i better not pester her too much

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She is pretty swollen, but it isdifficult to know if thats just the feeding or if she really is pregnant!? I have had mated females that hasn´t looked pregnant, and suddenly dropped a sack, so it can be difficult to see sometimes! Xenesthis sp are among my favourites! so i really hope she gonna drop a sack! If she does. Put me on the top of the buyer list!:D /Johan

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah you wanna be 100% on sex before you toss em together..good luck anyway..

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actualy saw it in my H incei communal: A male knocking at a hide's entrance, the resident spider comes out, the first one the proceeds to try lifting it for an insert. Problem: both had hooks. I guest I'd have to give them a tiny rainbow flag!!!

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some pics I took today. Xenesthis immanis unsexed juv looking good! :) Today I rehoused in a display terrarium.

Pato.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi, that's a really amazing T, congrats... and your pics are awesome :clap:

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice one Pato:D
These guys are my favorite species.
Nice pictures.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
love the immanis. they look awesome and aside from being skittish and QUICK! they are pretty docile...atleast my two are. nice T!!

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
I currently have 2 Xenesthis , a X.sp blue which is an all brown sling lol and my beautiful X.immanis juvie Xenesthis blue.jpg Xenesthisblueleg.jpg