Wth was I thinking..?

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So when I bought my Obt I put her in a 10 gallon..not thinking of course that juvies should be in a kritter keeper. So should i put her in the kritter keeper or keep her in the 10? She's been in the 10 for a few months but I think I'd see improvement such as feeding and drinking water if she was in the keeper. She's eating some but not as much as she should be..

LV-426

Arachnobaron
So when I bought my Obt I put her in a 10 gallon..not thinking of course that juvies should be in a kritter keeper. So should i put her in the kritter keeper or keep her in the 10? She's been in the 10 for a few months but I think I'd see improvement such as feeding and drinking water if she was in the keeper. She's eating some but not as much as she should be..
how big is you OBT? a 10 gallon should be for something like a full grown T. blondi or L. parahybana, something huge like that. Im no expert though

Last edited:

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I put it in a 10 gallon while having nothing but excitement.. wow was I a Dumbass..lol

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a 10 gallon should be for something like a full grown T. blondi or L. parahybana, something huge like that. Im no expert though
Then please stop offering information that's not really accurate or pertinent to the topic. No offense.

T. blondi and L. parahybana are better off in larger tanks (20-gal or so) when full-grown. You could put them in a 10-gal, but it's really not ideal for a spider that large.

To the OP - it was already asked once...how big is the OBT right now?

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
2 inches..i think im going to do it and keep a close eye on it to see if theres any improvement

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd definitely move into something smaller. Ten gallons would practically swallow a 2" specimen. Just my opinion.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a 2" OBT in a 4x4x8" Michaels craft cube with no issues. 10g is too big.

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been debating it for a while now but it seems more likely that i should..

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As long as it eats, it will be fine in that tank. It's not ideal, but it shouldn't be a problem either.

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmm.. it would more likely stress the T out if I did move her so probably be better just to keep her in the 10?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It wouldn't really matter either way from the spider's perspective.

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I guess.. I'm actually giving her to a fellow T lover who lost theirs a while back and wanted to hold on to the 10 in case i get another one in the future

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well then, I guess there was never a question to ask, since you already knew the answer...:rolleyes:

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well yea, but i wanted to know what was better before i made a final decision.. To make sure she'll be fine at her new home. As much as i'd like to hold on to the 10, Her Health is more important

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Then please stop offering information that's not really accurate or pertinent to the topic. No offense.

non taken but you can at least word what you say better not to offend anyone in the first place, i dont know you, you dont know me

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if you need a smaller home for it I am sure we have a Kritter Keeper you can have laying around in the garage....