Would a pet snake or tarantula be better?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
They don't stink, they just have a smell. I wouldn't even say it's unpleasant. But you can smell them.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Ball Python poop is pretty nasty smelling. I know the moment I enter the house if mine has gone potty (same with my bearded dragon -- gag). And mine have been wormed and are parasite free. These animals have bad smelling poop.

And, it really depends, I suppose, on the snake. Mine tolerates handling but I don't think he gets much out of it. He's tame, doesn't bite -- but I think he'd prefer I just leave him alone.
And again, it may depend on the snake, but mine requires certain temps -- requires a heat pad and thermostat, a warm and a cool side, etc.. More thought has to go into his enclosure since he doesn't thrive at normal room temps as many Ts can. My snake also requires much more enclosure maintenance than my Ts require.

Obviously, my answer: get both.
I also have a bearded dragon which is great since I breed B lats and have way too many for Ts alone. At least bearded dragons seek human attention. But again, they require basking lights and UVB -- a warm and cooler side of enclosure -- lots more maintenance and attention to diet required.

Ts are probably the easiest pet and require much simpler enclosures and maintenance -- but it won't be a companion to hang out with you either.

[I was late to this thread also]