Wild Caught Brachypelma albopilosum from Nicaragua

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I'm not the one who is concern about the legality of how this species was imported. Why would I worry about something that I have no clue on how and why it was imported and I don't have the desire to find out.

Now you go 'Don't ask, don't tell' on us, after the big deal you made about shipping within the US. A little consistency would be nice.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Why do you have to bring the "Cartels" AKA "El Chapo" into this mess?
I think that El Chapo, compared to Caro Quintero or Pablo Escobar is a beginner :cigar:

I try to imagine that "Carlito's Way" in Riker prison scene, lol:
- Sean Penn remain Sean Penn, replace Tony "T" Taglialucci with El Chapo ah ah ah.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now you go 'Don't ask, don't tell' on us, after the big deal you made about shipping within the US. A little consistency would be nice.
Are you referring about the thread I started asking if it was illegal or legal to ship tarantulas through FedEx?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think that El Chapo, compared to Caro Quintero or Pablo Escobar is a beginner :cigar:

I try to imagine that "Carlito's Way" in Riker prison scene, lol:
- Sean Penn remain Sean Penn, replace Tony "T" Taglialucci with El Chapo ah ah ah.
Carlito's way was a good movie but the ultimate drug lord was Al Pacino in Scarface.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Carlito's way was a good movie but the ultimate drug lord was Al Pacino in Scarface.
I see. Well, both are De Palma movies, but i prefer, as man, Carlito Brigante because he was really trying to change his life, but events and his old school code of honor (something i respect, something that doesn't exists anymore) went hard !&%$ on him, while Tony Montana was a Lamborghini Countach without brakes at full speed, a drug addicted man who fall in the abyss, killing his best friend, ruining the life of his sister.
However my man i disagree because IMO on "Scarface" the ultimate drug lord was Sosa, the Bolivian. No one, no one was able to mess with him, not even Tony.
Tony was a sort of "American Dream" simulacrum turned a "paranoid, nightmare" one. He forgot who he was IMO.

Last edited:

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Any noticeable difference in WC versus CB? How easily did they acclimate to their enclosures?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Are you referring about the thread I started asking if it was illegal or legal to ship tarantulas through FedEx?

Yes, that would have been an ideal time for 'Don't ask, don't tell.' Instead you went on and on about it. Now that you're getting spiders that may or may not be legally in this country, you take a totally different stance. Which Jose are we talking to today?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Any noticeable difference in WC versus CB? How easily did they acclimate to their enclosures?
Depends. Depends by the Theraphosidae first, and needs (and if the WC specimen is healthy, of course). People would disagree but IMO i will continue to buy (and ask) for CB ones. I've refused specimens of gravid WC Theraphosidae years ago.
I-no-like that S@%$! :)

Future is CB, and (if we can't breed ourselves, or don't want, aren't good at etc) breeders should been supported. That's the future of the hobby. WC ruins mother nature.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I've refused specimens of gravid WC Theraphosidae years ago.

Future is CB, and (if we can't breed ourselves, or don't want, aren't good at etc) breeders should been supported. That's the future of the hobby. WC ruins mother nature.
Good intentions but not necessarily what's really going on in the native habitats. The greatest reduction in worldwide animal and plant populations is from human development, often slash and burn. Many locals don't hesitate to kill tarantulas on sight. No love lost there for big hairy spiders that get in their houses or near where they work. Leave them there so that they can be killed when a forest is leveled, as has happened repeatedly with Poecilotheria. No rescue, no relocation.

The gravid w/c caught Theraphosa you refused: they weren't going to be released back into the wild. Someone made some nice money on them. In fact, hatching those out in captivity would relieve a little bit of the demand for w/c adults. In talking to some US dealers, a few suspect that most of the stirmi slings in this country are from gravid w/c females, not from captive breeding efforts. Yes, we need to get better with breeding in the US, we're still dependent on Europe for many of our slings and almost all of our new species introductions. Cut that off, and the hobby here gradually shrinks. We're not at the point of being able to cut the apron strings from Europe. Force it, and supplies get tight and prices shoot up.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Depends. Depends by the Theraphosidae first, and needs (and if the WC specimen is healthy, of course). People would disagree but IMO i will continue to buy (and ask) for CB ones. I've refused specimens of gravid WC Theraphosidae years ago.

Not really, many of the CB specimens here are of 1-3 bloodlines and thus we are losing the genetic diversity of the species, by having WC slings being born into captivity we are getting a more complete genetic picture of that species. This may explain some of the issues with the whole "hobby form" vs "described form" debate. While I bet there are true instances of mis-identifycation when the spider is shipped to market, I think some can be explained in that our hobby animals have a slight variation compared to the description specimen and because they are so inbred it's very pronounced. Even if all the avics were considered one species, I would still not inter-breed them as that population variation should be preserved, especially if we want to do re-introduction programs in the future.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Good intentions but not necessarily what's really going on in the native habitats. The greatest reduction in worldwide animal and plant populations is from human development, often slash and burn. Many locals don't hesitate to kill tarantulas on sight. No love lost there for big hairy spiders that get in their houses or near where they work. Leave them there so that they can be killed when a forest is leveled, as has happened repeatedly with Poecilotheria. No rescue, no relocation.

The gravid w/c caught Theraphosa you refused: they weren't going to be released back into the wild. Someone made some nice money on them. In fact, hatching those out in captivity would relieve a little bit of the demand for w/c adults. In talking to some US dealers, a few suspect that most of the stirmi slings in this country are from gravid w/c females, not from captive breeding efforts. Yes, we need to get better with breeding in the US, we're still dependent on Europe for many of our slings and almost all of our new species introductions. Cut that off, and the hobby here gradually shrinks. We're not at the point of being able to cut the apron strings from Europe. Force it, and supplies get tight and prices shoot up.
I understand and you are right. But i've heard only once about Theraphosidae relocation, and that was for genus Poecilotheria in India if i'm not wrong. That's good.

Man made actions destroy the enviroment (not only T's one, of course) but are we sure that relocation would be the issue, in the next future? I doubt. How many Elephants "back then" ? How much today, in Africa (example)?

The sons of our sons would seen those, except for Zoos, only on their "Internet 3.something" with some kind of glasses.
I doubt that WWF and other agencies would support relocation of Theraphosidae, they have their hard time today for whales, and other (sadly for the general audience) more "important" and "mediatic" animals.

Private would relocate them? I doubt, money is an issue at the end.

I say that is a sort of "evil" VS "evil" (at the end WC trigger a lot of things as well, not like massive natural destruction but) and that, if we (doesn't matter USA or Europe) can't breed certain T's, or have too much difficult in breeding some T's genus, well... that's probably better to leave that, instead of WC. Maybe i'm wrong uh :)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I understand and you are right. But i've heard only once about Theraphosidae relocation, and that was for genus Poecilotheria in India if i'm not wrong.
I read an article recently about a population of P hanuma being wiped out when a forest was cut down in SW India. These animals are not safe in their native habitats. In the last few decades there have been declines in a number of animal's populations throughout the world. What's happening in Africa is horrible.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, that would have been an ideal time for 'Don't ask, don't tell.' Instead you went on and on about it. Now that you're getting spiders that may or may not be legally in this country, you take a totally different stance. Which Jose are we talking to today?
Did you even read the thread? Where did I stated that I was against FedEx shipping? Let me remind you that the thread was about wether if FedEx shipping is legal or illegal to ship tarantulas. It has nothing to do of me being against FedEx shipping. You on the other hand you want to keep certain topics hush hush don't ask and you are on this mission to want to close every thread. You probably pm every moderator to get threads shutdown. Weren't you recently on a thread that got shutdown?

I don't care wether people want to use FedEx, USPS, UPS, Delta Dash or ride their little pony to get their package deliver. That's up to the individual to do what's best for them. As everyone knows it is illegal/Rules company policy to ship FedEx who cares! Every carrier has the same rule and regulation, who cares about that? I dont care about it. I got my answer on my thread and I moved on. What carrier do you use Rick to ship your tarantulas? Aren't you breaking their company laws when you ship your spiders?

As usual Rick, you de-rail threads like this one.

In case you have not noticed I've being selling tarantulas since the early 90's so if I happen to come across a tarantula that eventually I'm going to sell I will state wether it's captive born, wild caught, male, or female. The Brachypelma albopilosum will eventually be sold to someone and I will sell it as wild caught. Like I said before the albopilosum is not a concern of mine on how it was imported. Through the years lots of captive born species that I may have owned or you have owned were probably illegally imported without our knowledge. Am I going to go ape s@$;!t about it? I've waited months to finally purchase one of this wild caught specimens. This is not new Rick this species has been on US soil for a while already in case you did not know this. Since you live in Florida you should make an effort to find out if this species was imported legally or illegally since it's a big concern of yours.

I posted a photo of a wild caught B. albopilosum from Nicaragua and will post other specimens once I receive them. I don't care wether you like it or not. Do you get my meaning? Maybe I'll take a photo of one holding it on my hands.

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now here is a meaningful question. I noticed a little bit of a difference with my specimen. But the reality is it will be best to get a fresh molt to really see her true wild caught beauty. As for the enclosure she adapted well. She's eating great with no problems, very well manner tarantula A+.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I'll take wild caught specimens any day for the reasons of now those species will need our support and care to keep them alive since they are not in their natural habitat. There have been some that I've kept with me until they died but some that I've raised and sold to people.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Last edited:

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
Did you even read the thread? Where did I stated that I was against FedEx shipping? Let me remind you that the thread was about wether if FedEx shipping is legal or illegal to ship tarantulas. It has nothing to do of me being against FedEx shipping. You on the other hand you want to keep certain topics hush hush don't ask and you are on this mission to want to close every thread. You probably pm every moderator to get threads shutdown. Weren't you recently on a thread that got shutdown?

I don't care wether people want to use FedEx, USPS, UPS, Delta Dash or ride their little pony to get their package deliver. That's up to the individual to do what's best for them. As everyone knows it is illegal/Rules company policy to ship FedEx who cares! Every carrier has the same rule and regulation, who cares about that? I dont care about it. I got my answer on my thread and I moved on. What carrier do you use Rick to ship your tarantulas? Aren't you breaking their company laws when you ship your spiders?

As usual Rick, you de-rail threads like this one.

In case you have not noticed I've being selling tarantulas since the early 90's so if I happen to come across a tarantula that eventually I'm going to sell I will state wether it's captive born, wild caught, male, or female. The Brachypelma albopilosum will eventually be sold to someone and I will sell it as wild caught. Like I said before the albopilosum is not a concern of mine on how it was imported. Through the years lots of captive born species that I may have owned or you have owned were probably illegally imported without our knowledge. Am I going to go ape s@$;!t about it? I've waited months to finally purchase one of this wild caught specimens. This is not new Rick this species has been on US soil for a while already in case you did not know this. Since you live in Florida you should make an effort to find out if this species was imported legally or illegally since it's a big concern of yours.

I posted a photo of a wild caught B. albopilosum from Nicaragua and will post other specimens once I receive them. I don't care wether you like it or not. Do you get my meaning? Maybe I'll take a photo of one holding it on my hands.

I thought I noticed a pattern with him derailing threads...oh wait this also happened on the pet store thread.. go figure.