Who's Behind the Computer - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artharitis

Arachnopeon
none! but i dont think i can get PMs, i need to sign up for the premium account sometime soon.;P

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Artharitis said:
none! but i dont think i can get PMs, i need to sign up for the premium account sometime soon.;P
Someone will Sugardaddy the funds for You, I'm sure
:)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Tony, you provided the funds didn't you? ;)

:D

So, Artharitis, how many DID you receive ;) ?

Mori

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Free accts are allowed pm's as well. No need to sign up for a supporter acct. for them. You are just allowed more storage for them if you have a premium acct.

S

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
the lovely young lady figured that out, Scott ;) with a wee bit of help.

Ok, more pictures are needed :)

here's a couple old pictures of me:

and a newer one:

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
never posted pics of me...so, I'll scrounge some up from the past few years. (different levels of beard growth)
and no need to make religious/spiritual banter on pic #3...

Chris

Last edited:

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are those a bunch of C. atrox you are standing in the middle of?

And why?

And how did they get there?

And please tell me they are just really docile and sleepy, rather than dead or dying...

What a freaking slaughter... horrible.

I would have a hard time being there and not getting into a fistfight.

Last edited:

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Last edited:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Artharitis said:
read about the snakes getting slaughtered. im a softie

and here I was thinking you were mad i called you a lovely young lady :cool:

The rattlesnake roundup is atrocious.... :(

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sheri said:
Are those a bunch of C. atrox you are standing in the middle of?

And why?

And how did they get there?

And please tell me they are just really docile and sleepy, rather than dead or dying...

What a freaking slaughter... horrible.

I would have a hard time being there and not getting into a fistfight.
yeah, it's hard...I've been a snakelover my whole life. That's part of what got me interested in the Texas rattlesnake roundups. I don't like it. I've even taken some babies home with me before. But, I'm also a journalist, and one that primarily works on documenting social issues or feature stories about interesting cultures in America.
I've been doing this project awhile now and I can say that I definately understand both sides. I don't like seeing the snakes killed...but it's interesting to understand the point of views of the people that live with them on a daily basis.
It's a little bit much to describe the process and the story here...but I'm working on a photography book that is documenting the Texas rattlesnake roundups and I'm hoping that this will help people understand what these things are, what the culture and the people are like and to preserve them in photos and a book for future populations...because they are fading away. At one time there were around 30 roundups throughout Texas and now there are only 6 left. I'm not saying it's right or wrong...I try not to take sides on this issue. I've got friends who are rattlesnake hunters and daredevil snakehandlers, as well as scientists on the other side.
So, yeah the first pic is in the main pit of Western Diamondback rattlesnakes at a roundup. At that point, they are very much alive...but usually cool (temp wise) so they're not as active as they would be.
So, try not to judge everyone without trying to see both sides...even if we don't necessarily like one side.
And yes, the rattlesnake roundups are affecting the population of western diamondback rattlesnakes. Numbers are necessarily going down, but sizes of the snakes is getting smaller.

thanks,
Chris

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I dont get the 'dont judge' thing....Living in an animals habitat and slaughtering them out of fear and hatred doesnt deserve 'understanding'...I understand being fearful of alot of things but I try to rationally deal with them..

I guess we could apply the same non-judgemental attitude to lynchings and cross burnings...

sorry, the roundup thing P's me off :mad:
The Hot Artharitis has it wrong...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tony

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
Agree Tony.
6 roundups left in Texas is 6 too many
Are you agreeing with everything I said?
Careful, I also noted Artharitis's hot-ness.
Mwuahahaha

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
tony said:
Mwuahahaha
She could be your granddaughter Tony

{D

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
tony said:
Mwuahahaha

Hey Tone,
Guess what,I agree with everything you said including the Artharitis hotness qoutient.Hell,that girl's not just hot,she's smokin!!!

Common ground at last eh;)

Sir George

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
She could be your granddaughter Tony

{D
She could definitely be my granddaughter,Lelle,Tony is only a pup compared to this old dog,but hot is hot:D

George

Status
Not open for further replies.