Who's behind the computer - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
Really?
Thats not what our swedish runestones are telling us but you norweigians might have another history telling then us...
Besides arent you more of a träl then viking? LOL ;)
Oho ho! {D ;)

You know, let's reflect upon the word "viking" for a minute:

It's Norwegian.
Additionally; the word viking derives from the name of inner Oslo fjord: we call it a vik = hence viking.

And treller; well, they were just all over the place, weren't they? ;)

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Vik is also a swedish word meaning the same thing... And since back in those days we had the same language both in Norway and Sweden.

/Lelle

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
Vik is also a swedish word meaning the same thing... And since back in those days we had the same language both in Norway and Sweden.
Still, the word derives from the inner Oslo vik. We call it "vika".

That's where you'll find the origin of the vikings.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
Still, the word derives from the inner Oslo vik. We call it "vika".

That's where you'll find the origin of the vikings.
Acctually the exact origin of the word is not established, the theory that it derives from the word 'vik' is just a theory.

The word was however used as a event or something you do, for example to go out on viking meant to go on raids or sale trips - or both.
It wasnt used to describe the sailors/raiders from the north but later on it probably became the word for just those people.
And these people was found in Sweden, Norway and Denmark and later on on Iceland. For a closer look on the prechristian scandinavian society I recommend "Den Forna Seden" by Östen Kjellman and also the books by Mats G. Larsson.

/Lelle

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Touché, Lelle. :D.

Thanks. That was interesting.

I was merely regurgitating school remnants.
Should have known better. :)

Last edited:

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One week ago...a tumultuous week, and it shows.
And to think someone as gorgeous as you caught L.reclusa for me! If that pic was you after a bad week.....Wow! ;)

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So... this is Lelle and I - about as close as we can get for another 6 weeks.

Kinda in front of the computer? Behind? On it? No idea. The technology blows me away though, from time to time.

The 7 hour time difference is killer though. Not even Logitech has figured that one out.

Last edited:

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
JPD said:
And to think someone as gorgeous as you caught L.reclusa for me! If that pic was you after a bad week.....Wow! ;)

Thank you, Jason! They are coming out in droves with the warm weather. I've caught 3 in the last week.

Hey, Sheri...is Lelle....naked? ;P

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Sheri said:
So... this is Lelle and I - about as close as we can get for another 6 weeks.

Kinda in front of the computer? Behind? On it? No idea. The technology blows me away though, from time to time.

The 7 hour time difference is killer though. Not even Logitech has figured that one out.

Is that telephones I see in your hands??? I hope not because in that case you're wasting an awful lot of money... (happend to me when I made certain purpose calls to England for about 8 hours one month. The phonebill rose by $220 over normal!) In case those ARE phones I'd suggest using ICQ phone or Skype. But anybody as smart as you two combined will not use phones so I bet I'm just seeing things... as usual... :cool: ...without smoking anything... :cool: ...tho I have... :cool: ... at some point... :cool: ...but I quit many many years ago... :)

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Microphone....microphone. ;)
Msgrs have that voice option and it works pretty well. It tends to lock my computer up, but my machine's nicknamed "Old Yeller" with good reason.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
If Sheri ever comes to visit you Lelle, make sure you organize a little inofficial scandinavian aboard meeting... with lots to *cough* mmaandranadradrink!

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am coming to visit, but not until January(ish) of 2006. He first gets to come to Canada. (in 6 weeks) But we will be making the road trip to Phoenix as well, so he'll get a decent tour of North America. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.