Who molted today?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My Caribena versicolor juvenile female moulted and her exuvia measured 3". She has traded in her teenage colours for her adult ones.
This is the only Caribena versicolor, who I have raised from a spiderling, who has ended up female. All the rest have been male.
DSC09938-2.jpg
DSC00351-2.jpg
DSC00359-2.jpg
DSC00424-2.jpg
DSC00384-2.jpg

Flashback

Arachnosquire
My T molted 2 weeks ago (juvie adult). How long before I can feed her again? Someone mentioned wait until the fangs are solid black, but she hasn't climbed the glass of the enclosure yet, so I can't see the fangs.

I think she's gotten into a hunting pose (not 100% if she was just being a T), but generally speaking how long does it take for the fangs to harden for a juvie / adult? Should I wait another week?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
My Caribena versicolor juvenile female moulted and her exuvia measured 3". She has traded in her teenage colours for her adult ones.
This is the only Caribena versicolor, who I have raised from a spiderling, who has ended up female. All the rest have been male.
View attachment 317424
View attachment 317425
View attachment 317426
View attachment 317427
View attachment 317428
Those pictures are so beautiful. I can't wait for mine to get those colors, sitting about 2.5" so hopefully next molt! Also hoping the little shite doesn't chew this one up so I can hopefully sex it. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
My T molted 2 weeks ago (juvie adult). How long before I can feed her again? Someone mentioned wait until the fangs are solid black, but she hasn't climbed the glass of the enclosure yet, so I can't see the fangs.

I think she's gotten into a hunting pose (not 100% if she was just being a T), but generally speaking how long does it take for the fangs to harden for a juvie / adult? Should I wait another week?
Feed your T! If she take the food, she's ready. If she don't, she's not. It's as simple as that. :)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Two weeks is likely enough time for a juvenile to be safe to feed. If you want, try testing her feeding response by dripping water nearby.

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
Augacephalus ezendami. Still a sling.
Poecilotheria ornata. Still a sling.
Psalmopoeus pulcher. Now an adult female.

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
My female Poecilotheria miranda molted today.
228 days since last molt. 40 days in "premolt" refusing food.
She is now, estimated, 17cm (aprox a little bit less than 7 inches).

P.m-1200x1600.jpeg IMG_20190814_142403-01-1200x1600.jpeg

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Pterinochilus sp. Arusha gave me a molt. Sitting around 1.5" now if I had to guess.

20190814_114204.jpg
20190814_114115.jpg

Snagged the molt to attempt sexing but found it inconclusive. I can make out what appears to be possible development of the uterus externus, but I'd have expected it to be more developed by now with how small this species is. Which means it'll probably end up male. :grumpy:

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
My adult female B.albopilosum molted for the first time under my care today. Exciting moment, everything looks good, I saw her walking fine, but it is really hard to see (you can see from the pics) because she sealed off the two entrances of her hide. She is still inside and has been 'playing' with her exuvia (dragging it up and down) for a bit. Please come out little fury ball :cat:

Now I'm waiting for my T.cyaneolum who should follow soon hopefully.

Attachments

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
0.1 Sericopelma sp Azuero Panama
T. ockerti juvenile, suspect male
N. chromatus juvenile, male
L. Parahybana #2, suspect male
P. gigas sling

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Theraphosinae sp Pacific Nicaragua 0.1 :kiss:
B6AF2730-666F-455C-AD91-92D457BE0CC4.jpeg

Edit: also this lovely B. sabulosum 0.0.1
A45EAD43-05E6-43B5-9A31-3B4114E089A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B.emilia Jesus shucked its latest molt some time the past night and while I haven't seen it stretched out it does seem to have put on some decent size again.

Scarge

Arachnopeon
My Xenesthis sp. blue sling gave me a good scare last night when I checked in on my critters. What I initially thought was my spider with its legs curled up underneath it was actually just the molt sticking partially out of its hide, surprised me a bit as it had eaten 4 days earlier.

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
The next day: she regain some true color, still "yoga" but...I mean, she is breathtaking!
I don't know what to say :)

(Hope this is ok within the rules of this thread)

Attachments

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
Who molted today?
One of my Linothele megatheloides did!

Don't know if this even is aloud to post here, but I found no other thread for it. And I do think she deserves to be seen in that soon to fade away phase. :) Lm fm (1).jpeg