Who molted today?

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Newly acquired P. vittata sling. T. verdezi molted sometime in the recent past.

Last edited:

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pseudhapalopus sp. “Colombia” female #1 molted. Newly acquired A. hentzi sling is also female.

Last edited:

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Neostenotarsus sp. “Surname” sling #1 molted. Newly acquired cyaneopubescens molted and so did my small female Hati Hati.

Last edited:

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Mark, my 2-inch h. gigas popped out a new birthday suit last week and finally surfaced yesterday with an expectant, "Feed me, peasant" plastered on his adorable face. I can't get over that freshly molted sling hair lol He packed on some size too!
IMG_2410 (1).jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling molted yesterday and put on considerable size.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
My last remaining Cyriopagopus sp. "Hati Hati" sling. About 2" now.

I am relieved cause the last one died for seemingly no reason at all and am looking forward to this one getting out of the delicate sling phase.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
A twofer today: when I got home from work, I found that my juvenile Harpactira pulchripes had jelly legs, and there was also a molt in the burrow of my Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" sling.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Little itty bitty .75 inch psuedoclamoris gigas, Maurice, feeling stinging stripy after an unexpected molt. This macro lens has changed the game, people.
C9586088-594C-4305-B471-2F6928963B39.jpeg

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Maurice, love it. From the Steve Miller Band song called ‘The Joker’?
First off, that’s a fantastic song, and that would be way cooler actually lol but no, the orangutan from Rise of the Planet of the Apes is named Maurice, and those adult p. gigas give off some serious orangutan vibes 😎

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
My P. metallica molted and I was able to confirm what I already strongly suspected. She is a female. Now I also understand why I struggled so much at molt sexing Poecilotheria species, even using a microscope for slings and small juvies. The spermathecae and uterus externus were very, very thin and delicate. Almost completely transparent. I was able to see them this time because I retrieved a molt in perfect condition. Trying to see it on a sling with a molt that's partially damaged is almost impossible, even when using a dissecting scope!