Who molted today?

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
Xenesthis sp. blue moted two days ago while I was at work. I tried to get the gender via molt sexing but failed misserably. It is still too small, I guess and I have no microscope.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus sp. "Machalla" male molted, still not mature. Molt measured 5.75 inches, anyone know what size these guys mature at?

P.cambridgei male also molted, he's a mature male now. I have an adult female and I'd love to pair them, but the male has some sort of neurological damage. He seems so have no situational awareness and his movement isn't very good, no idea why. Gonna wait a month or two and see if he improves so hopefully I can try and pair them.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
H. chilensis 0.0.1 is now a mature male. My other one is a confirmed male and will likely be maturing any day now as well. I got them almost two years ago as 1/4” slings. Lot of feels right now. :depressed:
44C0E196-F1AE-430D-95B8-E99D1DFAF063.jpeg

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
Adult female A. seemanni molted again after only 6 months. Female B. klaasi molted and looks about 3.5" now. Both are hidden in their burrows for now!

Flashback

Arachnosquire
My A. chalcodes is molting right now! This is my very first molt, I've had her since November! I came home and saw it & left the room, lol. I don't need the stress...

So how long does the process take?

When is it OK to open the enclosure & fill the water dish? I don't want to disturb the T at all, so I don't even want to touch the enclosure?

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
C. Versicolor (small sling molted). Was stressful since there was still a live cricket in the enclosure and the enclosure is very small and blocked bx the corkbark. And the T is very bolty. Managed to get the feeder out, though.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
So how long does the process take?
When is it OK to open the enclosure & fill the water dish? I don't want to disturb the T at all, so I don't even want to touch the enclosure?
It depends on their size - spiderlings can take as little as an hour, while full grown adults can take longer than 24 hours.
When they are fully out of their exoskeleton, and flipped back over on their stomachs, you can open the lid, take the exuvia, and fill the water dish.

Drizzliz

Arachnopeon
I got home from nearly three weeks on the road to plenty! Happy times.

Y. diversipes, E. murinus, L. parahybana, G. pulchra, N. incei, A. purpurea, E. cyanognathus, I. mira, B. albo. All slings / juvies.

The biggest surprise, however, was my B. auratum sling. Last molt cycle, at about 1/2 inch, was 225 days.... this cycle was under 50 days!

Flashback

Arachnosquire
It depends on their size - spiderlings can take as little as an hour, while full grown adults can take longer than 24 hours.
When they are fully out of their exoskeleton, and flipped back over on their stomachs, you can open the lid, take the exuvia, and fill the water dish.
After the it was over she was away from the molt, so I opened the enclosure to fill the dish, but she jumped on top of the molt & started to web it I think?? This morning, it looked like it was webbed up, but she was still on it, so I didn't want to disturb her.

Is this normal? For them to attack or wrap up their molt?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
After the it was over she was away from the molt, so I opened the enclosure to fill the dish, but she jumped on top of the molt & started to web it I think?? This morning, it looked like it was webbed up, but she was still on it, so I didn't want to disturb her.

Is this normal? For them to attack or wrap up their molt?
It is not unusual for them to destroy/cover the moult up. Leaving it there isn't going to cause any problems - it won't attract mites or grow mould on it.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
B vagans sling and P irminia both molted. My P miranda has pretty much been a ghost since I moved it into a bigger enclosure months ago. Today it was outside the cork tube and looks much bigger. I don't know when exactly it molted, but it did molt, even if the spider was not nice enough to bring it out where I could get it.