Who molted today?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My 1.75 inch G. pulchripes unexpectedly molted today. I'll have to wait until I get access to a jeweler's microscope in a few hours, but I'm almost positive I see tiny spermathecae :D

Andaingean

Arachnopeon
Wow, I did not know that MM A. hentzi could be so pretty!
Yes. Very under appreciated. I guess their to easy to keep, in general to calm and not enough value in breeding them to be to "cool" club.

Last edited:

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
My GBB, Twinkletoes, molted again. There is no mistaking she is a tarantula now. She's probably about 3" now and the striping on the abdomen is almost gone. I will miss it (may have to get a Pumpkin Patch now ;) ), but love the adult coloration. I managed to snag the molt before she chewed it up, and hoping to get a positive ID on sex.

twinkle.jpg

My two tiny B. Vagans have molted and opened up their burrows. I've only seen bits of them in their burrows, but they should come out sometime this week looking for a meal. They stopped being quite so shy after their last molt. They were around 1"/1.5" before so it'll be interesting to see how much size they've gained. At least one of them will probably have its adult coloration now. It was black with a few little red hairs on its abdomen before it molted. Can't wait to see them now! :)

The 4.5" G. Pulchripes and 4" B. Albo are in premolt. They have stopped eating and sealed up their burrows. I think the 1" Versi sling may be in premolt, too. Her abdomen is *fat*, and I can see hints of future white markings/coloration on it under her skin. I'll know for sure when I try feeding her tomorrow.

My Avic is not near premolt. She is slim (but not unhealthy) and still eats regularly but not heavily. It always seems like our Ts take a little longer to molt when they live with us at first. Afterwards, they seem to do it monthly and take much less time in premolt. I just moved the G. Pulchripes and B. Albo into cooler parts of our house (the small slings and GBB are in a heated room) so that may change for them. We're hoping so for the B. Albo since he turned out to be a male, and we want to slow his growth down a bit so we have him for a while.

codicez

Arachnosquire
.After 2 weeks and half in her den my juvenile GBB molted and she is back on her favourite CorkBar piece showing her new "Metallic green " Carapace.. Really tiny abdomen, I will wait a week before give her/him food :D

Before Molt

After Molt

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
My P. scrofa juvie molted! Still a little small, but I took a look a at the molt and I'm pretty sure it's female!

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
My smallest sling—an itty bitty freebie B. Vagans, who was under 1" when it came to us—molted outside its tunnel for the very first time. It looks about 1.5" and looks very much like a miniature tarantula—bulky legs, hairs, and all. Can't wait to see the color it is when it darkens up. It think it will have some adult coloration now.

codicez

Arachnosquire
Here again! Just back from work and noticed that my 2 spiderlings molted, Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi and the Avicularia Purpurea SP Colombia... Molt to small and already hard to clean and shows... but also my new Brachypelma Hamorii ex Smithi that I had since 2 days just molted... I just pop the skin in a bit of water with bit of detergent.. is this the best way to preserve it ?