Who molted today?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Springtime = molttime ;)
couldnt agree more this 80degree weather is gettin my ts going haha . I just caught one of my versi finishing molting. it mangled the hell out of its exuviae so cant sex it.
It is now about 3" and has those nice fuscias and purple hues to it. Really hope this ones male but i dont think so

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Springtime = molttime ;)
I concur. C.cyanopubescens sling, A.genic sling, now my 11cm G.pulchripes, and the G.rosea RCF I bought yesterday moulted a few weeks before, too.

Igor is indeed Igor, a male. Doesn't look mature though, I haven't seen hooks nor gloves - approximately at what size do G.pulchripes usually mature? I'm guesstimating mine to be about 12-13 cm DLS maybe more (around 5" for you 'muricans)

Last edited:

DamonM

Arachnopeon
Woke up in the middle of the night to have caught my L. Violaceopes and C. Fasciatum moulting.

Brutallica

Arachnopeon
Just noticed my Parahybana had finished molting (never even saw the beginning), but the molt was quite ruined, looks like she was desperate to get out in a hurry ^^

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. irminia. Those orange Nike swooshes are looking sharp.

Heckboy

Arachnopeon
Came home from work to find my 1.5" G. pulchripes on her back...
5-6-2013 (4).jpg
5-6-2013 (9).jpg
5-6-2013 (18).jpg

And while I was engrossed with this, one of my B. vagans slings quietly molted at the same time.
5-6-2013.jpg

Burgers

Arachnopeon
Both my P. murinus and A. avic molted on the same day :D

The OBT looks exactly the same, but the avic turned a pretty bright turqouise

BakerBert

Arachnopeon
A. urticans molted late last night or early this morning

Looks to be about 3/4" + now

Damzlfly

Arachnopeon
I watched my cute little A purpurea molt last night. I noticed she was down on the ground, and had a feeling...left her alone for an hour and came in to her on her back. I got the see the whole thing (took all of 20 min from back flip to front flip). Very cool experience, and shes probably 3rd or 4th instar now, about 3/4" dls.

Scar

Arachnosquire
Just got home for lunch break and see my P. cambridgei molting woohoo! Probably around 1.75" now. :D

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Lots of recent molts:

All three P. cambridgei molted again.

B. angustum
B. albopilosum
L. parahybana

Juvenile Aphonopelma hentzi, confirmed male.

Brachypelma boehmi, destroyed only the sex-identifying part of the molt. Jerk. Still think male.

And my favorite little buddy, my Aphonopelma sp. Flagstaff Orange. He looks soooo different!

Like seriously, what is with Aphonopelmas changing their colors? My hentzis do it. Now my Flagstaff Orange. He gained a ton of black! He looks like a different spider altogether!

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Had a bunch this week. P striata, P rufliata, S terrosus, M gigas, P irminia, M calpaeiana, L quinquestriatus and a couple others I am forgetting offhand.

naychur

Arachnosquire
My tiny A versicolor molted. Doesn't look much bigger, but I think it just occurred within the last 24.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
Well it's definitely molting season eh?

Today Betsy my WC G. rosea molted for the first time in my care. I bought her in June 2011.

Also El Diablo my N. coloratovillosus molted 2 days ago, my G. pulchripes molted into a confirmed female.

My daughters G. pulchripes molted also into a confirmed female, the name Kate is now firm.

2 of my A. versicolor's molted in the last 2 weeks. All 3 are now confirmed females. So once I get a male... BAZINGA