white leg centipede help

Peyton Bemis

Arachnosquire
Here’s what one of my giant sp. is kept in. I’ve kept white legs like this before but with drier substrate. This one was just flooded the other day. Follow the recipe that I suggested for your substrate. Water the substrate and let it dry out so that the pede can burrow. Make sure there is good ventilation to achieve this.

@Andrew101 can you post a photo of your setup please?

Viscount X

Arachnopeon
That's a good idea I have eco earth would it work with that?
Hi. Just chiming in as I keep smaller species of centipedes - eco earth is in reference to Coconut fiber, correct? That's more than fine. I keep a Vietnamese SP (8 inches) that tends to love the stuff as it's easy to dig through, wet or dry. I do find that coconut fiber tends to mold if not well ventilated, and these guys require plenty of humidity. I'd keep it in an identical or similar set up to what NYAN has posted.

I personally have my Scolopendra SP set up in a similar tub to Nyan's, with a water dish. Give it a hide big enough for it's size. I'd add a size-able water dish similarly.

Mind you, I'm not an expert - it's just what happens to work with three individuals I care for.

Would you mind posting a picture of your entire setup?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Andrew101

Arachnopeon
Here’s what one of my giant sp. is kept in. I’ve kept white legs like this before but with drier substrate. This one was just flooded the other day. Follow the recipe that I suggested for your substrate. Water the substrate and let it dry out so that the pede can burrow. Make sure there is good ventilation to achieve this.

I haven't been on the forums for sometime so I am sorry that I'm responding to your tag this late.

I actually don't have a picture of the setup I used sadly ( I deleted them since they were taking space in my phone) but here is a picture of a temporary enclosure I used while I was reworking the enclosure 4 months back. Setup here is basically a smaller version of what I used, works very well in my experience.

Attachments

Peyton Bemis

Arachnosquire

NYAN:
What kind of sand? And excavator clay good? And do I put the pede in the clay wet or wait to dry? Sorry for all the questions. I like your idea.

NYAN

Arachnoking
NYAN:
What kind of sand? And excavator clay good? And do I put the pede in the clay wet or wait to dry? Sorry for all the questions. I like your idea.
Regular sand is fine. Excavator clay is good. You can put the pede in with the substrate moist so that it can dig.

Peyton Bemis

Arachnosquire
But once it does dry he wont be able to dig? I use eco earth can I just mix it dry with sand and will he be able to burrow? I read on one of your post u said that would work.