Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

white leg centipede help

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by Peyton Bemis, Nov 12, 2019.

1. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoking Active Member

CA
    Advertisement
    64B0283D-05EA-42B9-BC12-29320C96A1C9.jpeg

2. Peyton Bemis

Peyton Bemis Arachnopeon Active Member

3. Peyton Bemis

That's a good idea I have eco earth would it work with that?

4. Viscount X

Viscount X Arachnopeon

Hi. Just chiming in as I keep smaller species of centipedes - eco earth is in reference to Coconut fiber, correct? That's more than fine. I keep a Vietnamese SP (8 inches) that tends to love the stuff as it's easy to dig through, wet or dry. I do find that coconut fiber tends to mold if not well ventilated, and these guys require plenty of humidity. I'd keep it in an identical or similar set up to what NYAN has posted.

I personally have my Scolopendra SP set up in a similar tub to Nyan's, with a water dish. Give it a hide big enough for it's size. I'd add a size-able water dish similarly.

Mind you, I'm not an expert - it's just what happens to work with three individuals I care for.

Would you mind posting a picture of your entire setup?

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  5. Andrew101

Andrew101 Arachnopeon

I haven't been on the forums for sometime so I am sorry that I'm responding to your tag this late.

I actually don't have a picture of the setup I used sadly ( I deleted them since they were taking space in my phone) but here is a picture of a temporary enclosure I used while I was reworking the enclosure 4 months back. Setup here is basically a smaller version of what I used, works very well in my experience.

Attached Files:

6. Peyton Bemis

NYAN:
    What kind of sand? And excavator clay good? And do I put the pede in the clay wet or wait to dry? Sorry for all the questions. I like your idea.

7. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoking Active Member

CA
    Regular sand is fine. Excavator clay is good. You can put the pede in with the substrate moist so that it can dig.

8. Peyton Bemis

But once it does dry he wont be able to dig? I use eco earth can I just mix it dry with sand and will he be able to burrow? I read on one of your post u said that would work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.