where to draw the line?

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
trolls are people that post stupid things on the board to get a rise out of people...just like coaster with the tamming a tarantula stuff

Raine

Arachnopeon
Wow...seriously? Who would want to waste their time doing that? :? Why don't the moderators remove them if they are just here to do that...? Or maybe they just haven't seen it yet? It's pretty good for a laugh, though, if he were actually drug induced and writing this garbage. Still it is really pathetic that anyone would waste time doing this to get a rise out of others.

PS. I love my Grammastola rosea. ;)

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
for grins and giggles I guess, The mods do what they are supposed to do , Secretly I bet they laugh about it as much as most as the rest of us do.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What do spelling and grammatical errors have to do with the debate, with the question or anything else involved?
It's hard to take someone seriously when they can't take the time to properly edit a post to make it coherent and readable. Text speak isn't going to win anyone any respect. Why reply at all if you're just going to word vomit all over a thread? :?

Raine

Arachnopeon
It's hard to take someone seriously when they can't take the time to properly edit a post to make it coherent and readable. Text speak isn't going to win anyone any respect. Why reply at all if you're just going to word vomit all over a thread?
I don't mean those who text speak or those who have so many errors in their post it's quite obvious that they are not bothering to care what it looks like. I mean when someone misspells a word here or there, maybe even just one or two in a long post, and someone has to go point it out. If someone is text speaking I'm going to be the first to tell them I'm not responding until they write a comprehensible post.

We all typo here and there. Or misspell certain words. Doesn't mean we need or want to have someone correcting us every time. It's better to just let well enough alone unless it's a T name someone doesn't know how to spell correctly or it's really obvious they are using text speak or poor spelling/grammar consistently.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Raine, I have learned that pretty much any thread that goes into the 3rd page of posting in the first 4 hours of its life "isn't" going to end well. That's why I turned to facebook and post with a select few people and use this place for pretty much the classifieds and the occasional quirky question I can answer.

I will however stand behind the fact that TEXT speak and stupid grammar mistakes (i.e. people saleing things, etc) do torque me off!

Last edited:

Raine

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I've been noticing that the longer threads seem to degrade and they even stop being about what the OP asked or was talking about...

Is there a FB group of select people that I might check out? I don't mind posting here. And I can't stand text or horrible spelling/grammar all the time from a poster either. But like I said: the occasional misspell or typo needs to be left alone unless it is a hilarious typo; example: B. vaginas which I died laughing at. :D

Lego

Arachnopeon
i think that kids of any age should be able to decide which t's they can or cannot have. as far as handling goes they should always be careful but in my experience any species can be handled if careful. i dont think that any species is too dangerous as far as venom is concerned so just keep an eye on your child when they handle thier t's and all should be well

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
<ridiculous>

i think that kids of any age should be able to decide which t's they can or cannot have. as far as handling goes they should always be careful but in my experience any species can be handled if careful. i dont think that any species is too dangerous as far as venom is concerned so just keep an eye on your child when they handle thier t's and all should be well
</ridiculous>

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
i think that kids of any age should be able to decide which t's they can or cannot have.
Well I think I will just buy my 2 year old nephew a full grown OBT for xmas!

LOL That it truely laughable

The "for any tarantula at any age" people must not have kids

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
<ridiculous>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
</ridiculous>
Ridiculous doesn't even begin to cover it.

Raine

Arachnopeon
OMG...I'm going to pretend I didn't just read what I thought I read. You are either a very young kid or don't have kids of your own. Or don't care if they end up in the hospital because you allowed them a T that no kid should own until they are at least 16+ and the parent is sure and they are ready for it. Even then caution is needed. So kids of any age should be able to decide what t's they can or cannot have? Why don't we start letting them drive when they decide they can and drink when they decide they can, or smoke? If you know there's a big risk with letting your child do something it's up to you as a parent to make sure they don't...