Whats that?

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
So my G. rosea has these black "spots" on a couple parts of her body, they look more like lines on some of her legs, she also has some (these dont look like lines, its more like bald spots) on her caparace and its like her whole body is brown and hairy but then these spots dont have hair and are black, she has none on the abdomen, only some legs and the caparace, you can see them if you get close to her, and i dont think its a health issue cus its only on very few spots, and she looks and behaves like a normal G. rosea but i want to know if someone else has seen this on their T's and if you know what they are. On the picture you can see an example of the spots, thats the biggest one she has, front leg of the left side (you might have to zoom in). Thank you

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Some of her hairs have been rubbed off it's completely normal and she will regrow them when she molts..

You should see some of the T.stirmi or Haplos that are imported into the country.. They have areas like that tenfold from digging in, under and around roots and rocks..

Last edited:

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Some of her hairs have been rubbed off it's completely normal and she will regrow them when she molts..

You should see some of the T.stirmi or haplos that are imported into the country.. They have areas like that tenfold from digging in, under and around roots and rocks..
Thanks! I didnt want to think she was sick or something, and that makes total sense.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
This is fairly normal occurrence in mature T's, it'll go away after moulting. They can also develop bald spots on abdomen after heavy hair flickin, nothing to worry about

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
This is fairly normal occurrence in mature T's, it'll go away after moulting. They can also develop bald spots on abdomen after heavy hair flickin, nothing to worry about
Well, she isnt mature yet, i think she is too small, and thanks, hopefully they go away

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry, im not familiar with the term DLS, but here's a pic so you can see the size
DLS= Diagonal leg span, basically measuring from the 4th leg on one side to the 1st leg on the opposite side. ;)

Can you get a closer picture of the abdomen? It looks quite dark, it looks like she's in premolt to me.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
O
DLS= Diagonal leg span, basically measuring from the 4th leg on one side to the 1st leg on the opposite side. ;)

Can you get a closer picture of the abdomen? It looks quite dark, it looks like she's in premolt to me.
Maybe, she ate a month ago (been refusing food) but i dont know

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Looks like you have a Grammostola sp. north rather than a rosea. The bald spots are completely normal.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Im so confused, i hear G. rosea RCF (red color form) and NCF (Normal color form) and even GCF (Grey color form) and also i hear G. porteri, and now for thr first time i hear Grammostola sp. North

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ahah I thought there wouldnt be a CF added if its normal, no? I don't know. I have owned 2 porteris one with grey carapace and one with rose but still look different from yours.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Ahah I thought there wouldnt be a CF added if its normal, no? I don't know. I have owned 2 porteris one with grey carapace and one with rose but still look different from yours.
Good point, but i dont know, ive heard many names, you think mine is a north? She barely has any pink on the caparace, and the hair on her legs is white, so idk if she is a north, but is it a G. rosea north? Or what would you call it?

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hopefully someone else may be able to help with this. Im sure that G. rosea has rose colouring but the only other colourform I have heard of with it is RCF which is more red.. And I have heard of concepcion aswell but Im not sure if that is just the red colour form or not.

Your specimen being very gold all over would suggest sp. north (Northern Gold) to me, but you say it has white hairs on the legs that makes me think of sp. maule. I just don't think the carapace looks like rosea or porteri. Still a very nice specimen though. ;)