Whats that?

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
His spider is Grammostola sp. "Northern Type" not Grammostola rosea. Wait until she/he molts it will look prettier than what it looks like now. So yes what others have said sp. "North" "Northern Gold". You just cotta figure out what color variant you have once it molts.

Last edited:

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
What are you confused about?
Because now I dont know what i have, i mean, she doesnt look like a north, because her hairs (legs) are more light brown rather than white, but the legs are definetly lighter than the rest of her body, i dont think she has any white, her whole body is brown and she barely has any pink on the caparace, she definetly isnt a g rosea (RCF) and i dont even know what the difference between the porteri and rosea is

Attachments

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Forget about all that don't get yourself confuse. I told you wait until it molts than you'll know what color variant of the "Northern" you have.

Grammostola porteri, rosea etc. throw does names to the thrash. You're trying to ID a tarantula that has not had a fresh molt. I know what species you have I deal with them every single day I know what I'm looking at.

Be patient.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
His spider is Grammostola sp. "Northern Type" not Grammostola rosea. Wait until she/he molts it will look prettier than what it looks like now. So yes what others have said sp. "North" "Northern Gold". You just cotta figure out what color variant you have once it molts.
So "North" and "Northern Gold" are different? What color variants are there for this T?

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Forget about all that don't get yourself confuse. I told you wait until it molts than you'll know what color variant of the "Northern" you have.

Grammostola porteri, rosea etc. throw does names to the thrash. You're trying to ID a tarantula that has not had a fresh molt. I know what species you have I deal with them every single day I know what I'm looking at.

Be patient.
Once she molts i'll post a picture so that somebody can help me out with the color variant

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates wow, the first and last are extremely beautiful, and are they all grammostola sp. North? Is every picture a different individual?
And if had to say, the third spider is the one i think resembles my T the most

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
are these color morphs undescribed species? or are they the same species but from different areas?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All imported as Grammostola sp. "Northern Type". Where exactly were collected beats me??????? And yes so far they are undescribed.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Different stages in the molt cycle....which is why you were told to wait for the next molt.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates You wont believe this but I think this is my lucky day, guess who decided to molt today? Yes, my T, she is her back now, so im hoping that by the time I wake up she is done, I'll compare with the pics, and i'll also post one as well, btw, is it normal for T's to lay on their backs for a long time without starting the molt? By that I mean: She flipped on her back, and she has been like that for hours, the caparace hasnt popped or anything, is that normal or should I be worried?