What species was your first tarantula?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Adult female wc G. rosea. She laid an eggsack after I had her for two weeks.
Talk about newbie panic!!! lol

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
a g rosea and i had to leave him California:( when i came back to Canada
but i got another one here so that was ok

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My first was an adult female G. Rosea, purchased in summer 2001. I still have her; she's the matriarch of my collection. A finer T, there never was. :)

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. purpurea. according to what i said in the stats thread, it was January of '06. even in the faces of P. cancerides, C. "blue" and M. robustum, she was still my favorite. until one day, she just never finished tanning after her last molt. even waited for the stink to make sure of it.

ullydin

Arachnopeon
My first is an Aphonopelma Seemani that I purchased september of 2006. She's a 3 1/2 year old female. She's the one that started the addiction! I got 3 more sling last december and have another coming later this week.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P.canceride "Hera" got her in Oct 01
still got her, shez quite a magnificent close to 8"(leg span)
{D {D {D

johnjallorina

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
p.murinus rcf, 2005. dunno what is the sex but died january 2006. stupid i know starter t p.murinus lol but no joke it wasnt agressive at all. i may have only 22+ t's at over 1 half year in hobby but have quite rare ts:) included

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine was a L. parahybana. Turned out to be a female. Bought if for myself for a Christmas present. I had gotten her in 97. She is still alive and doing well. One thing I had learned was not to over wet the substrate. Mites.......YUK!! Now I have learned a lot since then and have 30 some different type T's. Live and learn. I had also breed her and it was successful. I will once again. She is about 9 inches in size now. I named her Jasmine. I am still in awe of her.

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A female G.rosea, 2002! still with me :)
bought her from a pet store labelled as a "Male.."
unexpectedly found an eggsac..

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine was a male Thrixopelma cyaneolum (formerly known as a Cyclosternum sp. (Cobalt Red Rump)). Unfortunately this species is not found in the hobby very much. This is one of my favorites. Mine matured about nine months after I got him. I sent him out on a couple of breeding loans but they weren't successful.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow what a rarity to start with Windchaser, I started with a G aureostriata sling that is doing well, my rosea freebie is doing well. :D

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My first was a big fat rosie female whom I still have. Things haven't changed because she's still big and fat {D

Sparky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Mom bought me my first T for my 13th birthday. That was over 28 years ago. :eek: It was labeled as a "Honduran". I still have 2 of the exuvia and have properly id it as a P. cancerides (Hatian Brown)

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine was a Grammostola Rosea, bought for me for Christmas by my brother last year. It was followed 4 weeks later by a Brachypelma Smithi.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I started with an Old world local T. Selenocosmia peerboomi. It was a 1/4" sling when I got it last year. It is now 3".