what is your goal in the hobby

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
My goal in this hobby was to attract all the females ... To my males that is ;)
And produce as many babies from as many species as I can to help share them with all who want them ... And of course to attract all the females :)

brolloks

Arachnobaron
At this moment:
Care for and keep all my scorpions happy. (Includes all the new little scorplings)
Enjoy observing their unique behavior.
Keep learning and gaining knowledge.
Setup more breeding projects.
And of course, there is always room for new species :p

Would be awesome if I could also spread some awareness about them and maybe introduce a few people into the hobby.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My goal now... with as much as I have, is really to keep them alive and thriving. I've had so many die offs this year, especially with expensive, rare species, that it's been a difficult go. Moving really hurt my projects, and so has just not having the time or passion anymore for it. Each project that fails due to weather/fate/my own mistakes really puts a dent in my passion.

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
My goal is to widen my collection of scorpions, and keep the ones I have now happy and healthy. Eventually I want to import new species into the U.S. I also love informing people about scorpions. my friends all take interest. and a big goal of mine is to open a scorpion pet shop in my little town.

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
My goal now... with as much as I have, is really to keep them alive and thriving. I've had so many die offs this year, especially with expensive, rare species, that it's been a difficult go. Moving really hurt my projects, and so has just not having the time or passion anymore for it. Each project that fails due to weather/fate/my own mistakes really puts a dent in my passion.
All I can say is don't feel down scorpions die it's a part of the hobby. learn from your mistakes and keep going. eventually you will master it!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
spiders or scorpions??
only scorps i want are some Parabuthus someday, and maybe to breed them. but ive done what i wanted with scorps, got a couple big black ones and called it a day.

for spiders, i want a big collection of Avicularia and other arboreals, all in a display cages of course. i also want to breed rare species in Canada and make them more available.

louise f

Arachnoangel
I intend to breed as much as i can on all kinds of tarantulas, to make them more wide spread. The only one i dont want to breed on is LP. :D

And get all kinds of T`s i can possibly get in my own collection. :)

brolloks

Arachnobaron
!!High-jack on!! How large is your collection @gromgrom ? !!High-jack off!! :happy:

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
It was to be the first person to successfully breed a species in a captivity but I already did that so time to find a new goal.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
!!High-jack on!! How large is your collection @gromgrom ? !!High-jack off!! :happy:
Well, it was larger. At the high point in 2014/2015 i had about 27 different species of scorpion (morphs and all) and had to downsize, but due to changes in my life, i need to downsize further. i probably have 18-19 now. lol.

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd also like to add that I'd like to be able to raise my scorpling with minimal deaths. I have found that scorplings are harder to raiser to adults than spiderlings. It reminds me of the difficulties of rearing Avic slings. This part of the hobby has actually played a major factor of why I left for years.

Stugy

Arachnolord
My goal in the hobby is to own every species of scorpion that can possibly be found in Japan (i think there's like 2 lol). Otherwise I want every Parabuthus species currently in the hobby xD And maybe Hottentota. Brazilian scorpions will also be nice since Brazil is nice too xD. (Hope Germany beats Brazil again in football.)
4th edit: I also want to breed rarer species of scorpion and get them into the hobby more widespread because there's a lot of scorpions people don't have and should have :p

Last edited:

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My plan is for this to be a lifelong hobby.
This brings along another goal.. trying to find someone to leave the creatures to in your will that you trust enough to care for them. Who knows what would happen to them otherwise. Right now I'm trying to expose my daughter to the hobby a little at a time. She's 5 now so currently it is just observation and hopefully building up an interest. I'm hoping when she's a little older she'll want a P imperator and a G pulchripes or something to get her started, instead of a hamster lol... maybe I'll give her one of my millipedes in a few years when she is mature enough for a first pet.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
This brings along another goal.. trying to find someone to leave the creatures to in your will that you trust enough to care for them. Who knows what would happen to them otherwise. Right now I'm trying to expose my daughter to the hobby a little at a time. She's 5 now so currently it is just observation and hopefully building up an interest. I'm hoping when she's a little older she'll want a P imperator and a G pulchripes or something to get her started, instead of a hamster lol... maybe I'll give her one of my millipedes in a few years when she is mature enough for a first pet.
My family could care less about invertebrates sadly. None of my friends want them. I have no children either (or even a gf).

Literally no one to leave them to.

Guess I'll have to contact someone on the boards.

I am actually glad you brought this up. I have a (hopefully) long way to go before The End but a good plan is key.

Thanks @CarbonBasedLifeform