what is your goal in the hobby

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not the goal. Just stating facts.

@CarbonBasedLifeform raised a valuable point regarding what will happen to the invertebrates when that time happens. Best to have a plan in place for their well being.
Sorry to bring up negativity but it is true the unexpected can happen anytime. Hopefully it will be a long long while before your Ts need new homes. Also keep in mind that the positive can unexpectedly happen anytime, such as finding new friends or a gf that is into the hobby. Trust me, your whole life could change in very short periods of time and it could be all positive changes, so that plan you make may need to change as time goes on

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One of my goals was to get up the nerve (and obtain a suitable scorpion) to handle a scorpion for classroom demonstrations - and I've finally achieved that with my H. troglodytes. She's such a sweetheart (and by that, I mean she's basically a pet rock :rolleyes:) that I had no problem at all picking her up to show the kids last week. (Yes, I handle some of my inverts occasionally - approximately 2-3 times a year, for classroom demonstrations. Break out the torches and pitchforks and summon the angry mob. :p)

My other goal is to successfully rear scorplings - and I'm making good progress toward that one as well. My wc P. puritanus surprised me with babies a few months ago, and so far they're doing well.

Last edited: