What is Your Favorite Species of Jumping Spider?

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
I personally don’t have just one. 😅
My favorites are:
The entire genus of Platycryptus (favorite among them being P. undatus)
Beata hispida
Menemerus fulvus
Marpissa milleri
Rhetenor texanus
Bagheera prosper

46DF4A2E-B734-49BD-A88B-4E350847D34C.jpeg
-Platycryptus undatus

rls0719

Arachnopeon
I personally don’t have just one. 😅
My favorites are:
The entire genus of Platycryptus (favorite among them being P. undatus)
Beata hispida
Menemerus fulvus
Marpissa milleri
Rhetenor texanus
Bagheera prosper

View attachment 408530
-Platycryptus undatus
Here is our Phidippus regius that my daughter found outside two months ago.

Attachments

rls0719

Arachnopeon
You are from New Hampshire right? Based on your location, that’s not Phidippus regius. That’s Phidippus audax, actually. 😅
Thanks! Yes, and I’m clearly clueless which is why I’m here - to learn from you all! She thought it was a regal but I’ll let her know.

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Thanks! Yes, and I’m clearly clueless which is why I’m here - to learn from you all! She thought it was a regal but I’ll let her know.
Glad I can help! Phidippus audax is just as cool as Phidippus regius in my opinion!

magouilles

Arachnoknight
I'm a noob with jumping spiders so I don't know many species and where I live we have three species from what I know (salticus scenicus, phidippus purpuratus and audax). I do own P.regius and I love them alot☺So really cute! I had the chance of encountering all three that we have here and P.audax are really awesome too.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They really are cool! I saw a lot of those on my trip to Kentucky. And recently found out they are in my area, too! View attachment 408537
I haven’t seen them in a while but I remember finding lots of them in silken retreats in the leaves of my grandmas apple trees, hopefully this year I can find some more! The adults are beautiful metallic green and gold!

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They really are cool! I saw a lot of those on my trip to Kentucky. And recently found out they are in my area, too!
Audax happens to my favorite! And I live in KY funny enough lol. I grew up seeing giant P Audax around my house here, sadly I never see huge ones in the wild anymore like I used to, but I've started raising them again and hopefully these guys will get that big! I swear, some of the adults I saw as a kid had a legspan as big as a quarter.

I haven’t seen them in a while but I remember finding lots of them in silken retreats in the leaves of my grandmas apple trees, hopefully this year I can find some more! The adults are beautiful metallic green and gold!
Yes, Audax has beautiful greenish chelicerae. I have to get a pic of mines sometime with a better camera.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Audax happens to my favorite! And I live in KY funny enough lol. I grew up seeing giant P Audax around my house here, sadly I never see huge ones in the wild anymore like I used to, but I've started raising them again and hopefully these guys will get that big! I swear, some of the adults I saw as a kid had a legspan as big as a quarter.

Yes, Audax has beautiful greenish chelicerae. I have to get a pic of mines sometime with a better camera.
I was referring to Paraphidippus aurantius, here is a pic of what I mean by their colors https://bugguide.net/node/view/1993277/bgimage

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
To keep large jumpers phiddipus, Hyllus, even Platycryptus. I need something that is at least 1 cm as adult. Feeding fff is a hassle
To admire I like the Habronattus genus Habronattus americanus are true patriots, Maratus also fascinates me, cosmophasis genus has some beautiful colors, paraphiddipus also really cool, love that Lyssomanes viridis, also Bagheera males have some cool fangs, and finally Myrmarachne genus have really cool species.

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
To keep large jumpers phiddipus, Hyllus, even Platycryptus. I need something that is at least 1 cm as adult. Feeding fff is a hassle
To admire I like the Habronattus genus Habronattus americanus are true patriots, Maratus also fascinates me, cosmophasis genus has some beautiful colors, paraphiddipus also really cool, love that Lyssomanes viridis, also Bagheera males have some cool fangs, and finally Myrmarachne genus have really cool species.
It is very cool the amount of variants that Habronattus americanus has!