What is Your Favorite Species of Jumping Spider?

TheAuduxity

Arachnopeon
I haven’t even cared for one yet, but I definitely love every single Salticidae! That said, as of now I’m REALLY REALLY looking forward to discovering some P. Audax in my area, and I would be especially excited to find one of the all-black females with the orange Jack-o-lantern pattern.

Some Phids I really love are also: Otiosis, Octopunctatus, Arizonensis, Mystaceus, Carneus, Adumbratus, Regius, Princeps, Clarus, Pulcherrimus, Apacheanus, Etc. Lol

Phids are probably my fav, clearly. But how could I not also mention Hyllus, Platycryptus, Habronattus (ustulatus especially), Salticus? Honestly, there are way to many Jumping Spiders 😅 (yet still not enough).

Audax!

Some beautiful reference pics for more Phids (credit:
REVISION OF THE JUMPING
SPIDERS OF THE GENUS
PHIDIPPUS
(ARANEAE: SALTICIDAE)
by
G. B. Edwards

.)

#34 is my favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
I haven’t even cared for one yet, but I definitely love every single Salticidae! That said, as of now I’m REALLY REALLY looking forward to discovering some P. Audax in my area, and I would be especially excited to find one of the all-black females with the orange Jack-o-lantern pattern.

Some Phids I really love are also: Otiosis, Octopunctatus, Arizonensis, Mystaceus, Carneus, Adumbratus, Regius, Princeps, Clarus, Pulcherrimus, Apacheanus, Etc. Lol

Phids are probably my fav, clearly. But how could I not also mention Hyllus, Platycryptus, Habronattus (ustulatus especially), Salticus? Honestly, there are way to many Jumping Spiders 😅 (yet still not enough).
What’s your favorite within genus Salticus? Mine is Salticus austinensis

TheAuduxity

Arachnopeon
What’s your favorite within genus Salticus? Mine is Salticus austinensis
I think Peckhamae because of the iridescence! But Scenicus are common around me so I like them too lol. Actually my cat ate one the other day before I could save it, and thus sparked my new obsession

Good to know! My 10 year old daughter is obsessed with arachnids. I’m just along for the ride and learning a lot. It has been fun!
They’re very similar looking! Audax is my fav of the two :)

Last edited by a moderator: