What is this beetle?

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see it all the time in anything that has to do with bugs, and I know the males have long horns.

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I caught one a few days ago, I love holding the little bugger, just because of how it's sharp toes feel :D

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cant that pinch you?
Nope....Well at least Elephant Stag beetles ( males ) can't because their jaws are so wide and they're weak and they only serve one purpose: to fight off rival males to get to mate with the female. They also fight over territory too.

It's the females you want to watch out for because obviously they don't need big mandibles to fight with other females. Their existence is only to get banged by the males. And the females have waaaaay smaller mandibles so they can pinch you.

Black Widow88

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep on finding them, don't know if it's the same one over and over.

They get stuck to you pretty well though >.<

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep on finding them, don't know if it's the same one over and over.

They get stuck to you pretty well though >.<
Yeah they do because of their claws on their legs. Alot of Scarab beetles have the same thing. Some ground beetles that I found have them too.

Black Widow88

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Reddish Brown Stag Beetle (Lucanus capreolus)
Hey, woflboyzeus, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Reddish Brown Stag Beetle under the genus Pseudolucanus?, so it'd be Pseudolucanus capreolus

EDIT: I just googled it, and I'm pretty sure it is under genus Pseudolucanus. Unless of course, there have been any recent taxonomy changes.

~Kelvin

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just moved to the suburbs and I am finding all these creatures, sorry if I ask for well known creatures.