What is this beetle?

wolfboyzeus

Arachnopeon
Im not sure you very well could be right.I have a friend who works at museum and Illask him I think they changed it but I could be wrong

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hm... If they changed it, does anybody have the article? I'd like to read it :)
Nice Elateridae! Video wasn't too clear, but were there any markings on the elytra and the pronotum? Also, can you estimate how big it was? I could try to help you identify it given that information.

Giant eyed click beetles? Are you referring to Alaus oculatus? Yes, those are quite interesting. However, the species native to Asia are much more vivid in color markings. (IE Campostermus auratus, Campostermus gemma, etc.) I suppose it's the most interesting native species here though, with the exception of Chalcolepidius smaragdinus of course.
~Kelvin

BeetleExperienc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lucanus...

Bugguide: "Psuedolucanus, now included within Lucanus by many authorities."

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hm... If they changed it, does anybody have the article? I'd like to read it :)
Nice Elateridae! Video wasn't too clear, but were there any markings on the elytra and the pronotum? Also, can you estimate how big it was? I could try to help you identify it given that information.

Giant eyed click beetles? Are you referring to Alaus oculatus? Yes, those are quite interesting. However, the species native to Asia are much more vivid in color markings. (IE Campostermus auratus, Campostermus gemma, etc.) I suppose it's the most interesting native species here though, with the exception of Chalcolepidius smaragdinus of course.
~Kelvin
No marking whatsoever, red brown all over. And it was about one inch in length.

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm... were there elongated stripes on the elytra? Or was it completely smooth.