What is the scariest spider you currently own and why?

narwhalica

Arachnopeon
You might think that it would be my OBT or my Regalis but no. I'm most scared of my A Pupurea sling.
Every time I try to feed that tiny little baby she absolutely darts towards my hand across my long tweezers. She had even jumped at my hand before (and missed) but it scared the bejeebus outta me. XD Psycho adorable avicularia baby.
*no babies were hurt in the making of these crises.

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
I'm pretty comfortable with all my inverts at the moment, but for me centipedes are intimidating. I'm fascinated by them and think they're really cool & I don't have a fear of them, but they seem so unpredictable and much more savage than tarantulas in general. Way more primitive and barbaric to me, whenever I get one it'll be treated with the utmost respect and caution, but that goes with all animals I suppose! It's never good to be comfortable, you should always have a respect and be ready for anything when it comes to animals. No matter how docile or used to the behavior you are, I like to expect the unexpected and always respect the animals vibe that it's giving off.

WoofSpider

Arachnosquire
It's not really a fear, but my feeder roaches actually freak me out a bit as adults.The nymphs are pretty cute, but the adults... I mean look at this guy.
IMAG0216.jpg
Oh and kicks from those spiky legs don't feel too good either.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
I respect/fear my A. genic the most. She's my fastest grower and most violent eater, always slamming herself into her prey.

Strangely enough, she's a breeze to rehouse. Because she's always out in the open, it's simple to catch cup her and bam, into the new enclosure she goes.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I respect/fear my A. genic the most. She's my fastest grower and most violent eater, always slamming herself into her prey.

Strangely enough, she's a breeze to rehouse. Because she's always out in the open, it's simple to catch cup her and bam, into the new enclosure she goes.
Unless they start thinking the catch cup might be food as well :shifty:
Everything is food! :p

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I’m still scared of my scorpions , especially my Asian Forrest as it’s full grown . Better than I was originally, couldn’t even watch them on tv . I’m ok feeding etc , but it’s the thought of having to move my big guy when it’s time to clean out his substrate, May just do one side ( during the day ) then move his hide the next day and do the other side.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not scared of any of my inverts.

I'm more cautious around the more defensive ones although I'm relaxed around all of them. That's relaxed NOT complacent.

patriotgator

Arachnopeon
I wouldn’t say I’m afraid of my Scolopendra dehaani but it does get my heart racing when I have to mess with it’s cage.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Scared is a big word,but I am more cautious when opening my E.pachypus' enclosure simply because she's a meanie after her molt and chases after the tongs and water stream.

Also with my P.ornata because it is so ungodly well camouflaged it manages to startle me by suddenly moving.

And while feeding, my A.geniculatas. Simply because they will jump up at the tongs when there's food to be had.
Will have to to see if my A . Geniculatus does that , mines a Juvenile at the moment.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I'm pretty comfortable with all my inverts at the moment, but for me centipedes are intimidating. I'm fascinated by them and think they're really cool & I don't have a fear of them, but they seem so unpredictable and much more savage than tarantulas in general. Way more primitive and barbaric to me, whenever I get one it'll be treated with the utmost respect and caution, but that goes with all animals I suppose! It's never good to be comfortable, you should always have a respect and be ready for anything when it comes to animals. No matter how docile or used to the behavior you are, I like to expect the unexpected and always respect the animals vibe that it's giving off.
Centipedes are something I’d not get , even thro I said the same about my Ts and scorpions . Don’t fancy getting a bite from them !

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
None. Shouldn't own it if you're scared of it.
So? I was freaking scared of one of my fiance temperament (half Calabrian, half Roman = 100% hot head & hot blooded) yet I'd loved to own her for years, in every possible way. Sometimes there's that twisted perv feeling to count and consider :bored:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Will have to to see if my A . Geniculatus does that , mines a Juvenile at the moment.
Some of mine (I have ten, lol) are edging into the juvenile stage as well. They appear to grow more 'confident' with size to be honest. They start out really small and sometimes they are scared easily, which isn't the case when they grow bigger. I think my biggest one is around 12 cm DLS now. An absolute monster already. :D

basin79

ArachnoGod
Centipedes are something I’d not get , even thro I said the same about my Ts and scorpions . Don’t fancy getting a bite from them !
Why would you get bit? I love my 2 pedes. Never had a problem with them. Just be calm. I knew the enclosure wasn't tall enough so I had lids and tubs ready. Obviously have a taller enclosure but I knew she'd try to get out so was prepared for it.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Unless they start thinking the catch cup might be food as well :shifty:
Everything is food! :p
One more molt and that's happening lol. My A. genic has a weighted water dish because she will maul the thing as I fill it. Definitely a "bite now, ask questions later" species :rofl:

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
My King cricket is the only one of my inverts that scares me. It's got good eyesight, can jump about a metre, has scissors for a face and wants to kill me. Also they eat funnel webs, enough said.

I do really love the little bastard though

basin79

ArachnoGod
My King cricket is the only one of my inverts that scares me. It's got good eyesight, can jump about a metre, has scissors for a face and wants to kill me. Also they eat funnel webs, enough said.

I do really love the little bastard though
Scientific name? I need one.