What is the scariest spider you currently own and why?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I might say my OBT but it’s a wee sling and it hides when I pick its enclosure up. My C darlingi slings are fast but chill, and while I don’t exactly look forward to rehousing them in January, I’m not worried about it.

I’m more inclined to say the only one I’m truly worried about is my adult female B boehmei, because it acts like a complete lunatic and is unpredictable. I’m not scared of it, but I’m worried it’s going to flip out for no discernible reason and bolt, so I am cautious when I feed it and always have a catch cup ready.

It’s like talking to my mom. You never know what kind of crazy nonsense will upset it.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I might say my OBT but it’s a wee sling and it hides when I pick its enclosure up. My C darlingi slings are fast but chill, and while I don’t exactly look forward to rehousing them in January, I’m not worried about it.

I’m more inclined to say the only one I’m truly worried about is my adult female B boehmei, because it acts like a complete lunatic and is unpredictable. I’m not scared of it, but I’m worried it’s going to flip out for no discernible reason and bolt, so I am cautious when I feed it and always have a catch cup ready.

It’s like talking to my mom. You never know what kind of crazy nonsense will upset it.
My boehmei just threat postures if you walk by the enclosure. Even at 1/4" it stands it's ground. I hope it doesn't get bolty. I can relate about the mum thing :rolleyes:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
My L. klugi has turned into the devil incarnate. After her last molt she started threat posing, slapping and striking whenever I opened her enclosure. I figured since she needed rehousing and the fool had filled in her hide she was freaking out because she had nowhere to hide. I moved her to a much larger enclosure...nope, didn't work. She now runs from end to end stopping every couple of inches to threat pose, slap,slap, strike, She doesn't use her hide at all. Distracting her with a meal so I can get her water dish doesn't work either. She'll threat pose, run and slap with a mouthful of roach. She is only 4" now, should be fun when she gets bigger, lol.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My OBT because it is my only old world, and it's the fastest and the most potent T I have.
That being said, it has never given me a threat posture or shown any sign of aggression or defensiveness. It just runs into its burrow when I open the enclosure.

Chaos4eva

Arachnopeon
Definitely the
Psalmopoeus irminia I just got a few hours ago. I've read they are very fast and defensive. So for me it's a new challenge

My L. klugi has turned into the devil incarnate. After her last molt she started threat posing, slapping and striking whenever I opened her enclosure. I figured since she needed rehousing and the fool had filled in her hide she was freaking out because she had nowhere to hide. I moved her to a much larger enclosure...nope, didn't work. She now runs from end to end stopping every couple of inches to threat pose, slap,slap, strike, She doesn't use her hide at all. Distracting her with a meal so I can get her water dish doesn't work either. She'll threat pose, run and slap with a mouthful of roach. She is only 4" now, should be fun when she gets bigger, lol.
Got a picture?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
I have a healthy respect for my Pamphobeteus sp. Machala. It's not mean or anything but it has an absolutely ridiculous feeding response. Even with a cricket or two already in its fangs it will jump at anything that moves. It's also quite skittish and unreasonably fast so rehouses are a little nerve-wracking. I think once it puts on a little more size it will probably chill out - around 3" seems to be peak craziness for most of the NWs I've raised.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
My N.incei gold. And that's because of the pure speed of these Ts. It's not too defensive or anything. Just super bolty. I love it ;)

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
Gonna swap out the substrate on my S. calceatum (5.5") and P. striata (6.5") next weekend so cautious of that process but neither one has actually done anything to scare me as such.