What is on my Avic?

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
Greetings,

I've noticed two things about my PinkToe and I want answers to these things..

On the first, there's a spot that lacks some of her hair on her abdomen..
And on the second, what are those two white stuff?

Thanks!!

Attachments

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As for the first picture, that is where it is missing urticating hairs. These are hairs the T can rub or kick off and they are meant to irritate the skin. It is nothing to worry about, all New world Ts do this. If at any time you noticed it raising it's abdomen or moving it towards your hand, when it was near, this was what it was trying to do.

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
As for the first picture, that is where it is missing urticating hairs. These are hairs the T can rub or kick off and they are meant to irritate the skin. It is nothing to worry about, all New world Ts do this. If at any time you noticed it raising it's abdomen or moving it towards your hand, when it was near, this was what it was trying to do.
Aha, :)

Thank you Chris_Skeleton for that!!!

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
As for the first picture, that is where it is missing urticating hairs. These are hairs the T can rub or kick off and they are meant to irritate the skin. It is nothing to worry about, most New world Ts do this. If at any time you noticed it raising it's abdomen or moving it towards your hand, when it was near, this was what it was trying to do.
Psalmo's and Tap's ;)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there anyway you can get a closer shot of the focal point in the second pic? It is higher up on the abdomen than I normally see bald spots, but I can't see it very well in that picture.

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
Is there anyway you can get a closer shot of the focal point in the second pic? It is higher up on the abdomen than I normally see bald spots, but I can't see it very well in that picture.
Here it is. (sorry for the delay!)

I've sprayed some water on her---so that is what you may see on the head, shining almost! :cool:

Attachments

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you talking about the shade of white on the side of the abdomen where the abdomen first starts? I THINK thats ok. Im pretty sure I've seen it on my B. albopilosum. And don't spray her with water. Ts don't like it. :)

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
Are you talking about the shade of white on the side of the abdomen where the abdomen first starts? I THINK thats ok. Im pretty sure I've seen it on my B. albopilosum. And don't spray her with water. Ts don't like it. :)
Yes, the white shades is what I was wondering about. If you think it's okay, then what could that be....?

Hm, the lady who sold me the T told me to spray some water on her once a while... I don't remember why. I THINK that she was speaking of the terrarium, LOL.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't think you're supposed to spray water directly on them.

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
Spraying with water

Yeah, I just remind myself not to spray the T... but the substrate and the fake plants. :)

Now, back to the second picture with the white shades on her abdomen.

Clement

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
everythings seems ok to me, but don't spray water on a spider...

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
Alright.

Oki doki,

I presume that with all your replies, my worries have been taking away!! xD

Thanks ya'all!!

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here it is. (sorry for the delay!)

I've sprayed some water on her---so that is what you may see on the head, shining almost! :cool:
Sorry for my delay!:D

I don't see anything worrisome in that picture. The water droplets do make it a bit hard to tell, but nothing is glaringly wrong. So, I wouldn't worry.:)

It is not true that all Ts hate water sprayed on them. We have had an A. avicularia that would actually come towards the spray of water and stand in it, kinda like a sprinkler. Our P. cambridgei actually 'seems to love' being sprayed, so she gets a spritz every so often. She will actually catch water droplets out of the air and drink them too. It really just depends on the T. Now that doesn't mean to take a spray bottle to every T you own to figure out which ones like it, but saying that ALL Ts hate water sprayed on them is incorrect. :D (their exoskeleton is waterproof, so it doesn't actually hydrate them either)

Spraying water into the air to help with humidity is pretty useless too. It will provide a brief spike in humidity that will evaporate off quickly. We prefer to moisten part of the substrate to achieve the humidity needed, as well as having a full water dish. It is much longer lasting and won't put hard water stains on the sides of the enclosure.:)

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
Sorry for my delay!:D

I don't see anything worrisome in that picture. The water droplets do make it a bit hard to tell, but nothing is glaringly wrong. So, I wouldn't worry.:)

It is not true that all Ts hate water sprayed on them. We have had an A. avicularia that would actually come towards the spray of water and stand in it, kinda like a sprinkler. Our P. cambridgei actually 'seems to love' being sprayed, so she gets a spritz every so often. She will actually catch water droplets out of the air and drink them too. It really just depends on the T. Now that doesn't mean to take a spray bottle to every T you own to figure out which ones like it, but saying that ALL Ts hate water sprayed on them is incorrect. :D (their exoskeleton is waterproof, so it doesn't actually hydrate them either)

Spraying water into the air to help with humidity is pretty useless too. It will provide a brief spike in humidity that will evaporate off quickly. We prefer to moisten part of the substrate to achieve the humidity needed, as well as having a full water dish. It is much longer lasting and won't put hard water stains on the sides of the enclosure.:)
:cool:
So I think instead of trying to remind myself what the lady has said, I am going to see her at work and ask the question about spraying water on the T. Moreover, I was thinking to buy a medium sized water dish 'cause I have a small one in a 30x30x45 cm glass terrarium. Do you think it'll be worth it, or would you also want me to take a picture of the whole thing so you would be able to tell? ;)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:cool:
So I think instead of trying to remind myself what the lady has said, I am going to see her at work and ask the question about spraying water on the T. Moreover, I was thinking to buy a medium sized water dish 'cause I have a small one in a 30x30x45 cm glass terrarium. Do you think it'll be worth it, or would you also want me to take a picture of the whole thing so you would be able to tell? ;)
I would be interested in her answers. :) Maybe she just doesn't really know much about them and was trying to tell you to mist the enclosure, but got it muddled in her mind....

Pictures of the enclosure always help me, because I am bad with trying to picture measurements in my head. My husband(Mr. Gone) is better at spatial reasoning, than I. However, we use water dishes that are about the size of a large jar of peanut butter's lid(and some actually are) in our adult enclosures(10 gallon tanks), so perhaps that will help you.:)