What is my tarantula doing?¿ (cont.)

Gabby Gordita

Arachnopeon
20170404_132647.jpg
So I posted a thread by the same name a few days ago and today she's being even morr crazy! ( Contortionist training perhaps?) I got a lot of good feedback on the last post, I think I am going to put more substrate in for sure but she's still acting like she hates it, it's just coco fiber so maybe she doesn't like it? What kind of substrate would you smart arachno friends use for a sweet little Northern golden like her
Also does anybody have any idea what else it could be? She seems to have an aversion to her substrate so I'm asking the experts!
I just want her to be happy, I love my little fluffy babies so much!

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Mah... honestly I see nothing wrong except:

1) You love to take pics of your Theraphosidae when into 'odd positions' :angelic:

2) The hide you offered IMO maybe is too near the sides of the glass enclosure so when it comes to jump out/jump in could be a bit annoying. On this sense I have the impression, based by the pic, that your enclosure is more taller than large.

Substrate? Bone dry coco fiber (or topsoil, or Irish peat moss) and you're fine. Bone dry, they hate moist substrate, but I'm sure you know this :-s

Leila

Arachnobaron
That T is absolutely perfecting her fancy dance moves. I think she is challenging you to a one on one competition.... ;):happy:

Let the dance-off BEGIN!!!!

Last edited:

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
That T is absolutely perfecting her fancy dance moves. I think she is challenging you to a one on one competition.... ;):happy:

Let the dance off BEGIN!!!!
This exactly.
Now hand her the camera and show us your moves, gabby! :cool:

Haemus

Arachnosquire
If you just rehoused, then it'll take some time for her to get used to the enclosure. Until then, it's normal to see her perching on the wood or glass.

I would add that substrate soon since she's prone to climbing. Here's my substrate to height ratio on my enclosures, and uses eco-earth:

Gabby Gordita

Arachnopeon

1) You love to take pics of your Theraphosidae when into 'odd positions' :angelic:

2) The hide you offered IMO maybe is too near the sides of the glass enclosure so when it comes to jump out/jump in could be a bit annoying. On this sense I have the impression, based by the pic, that your enclosure is more taller than large.

Substrate? Bone dry coco fiber (or topsoil, or Irish peat moss) and you're fine. Bone dry, they hate moist substrate, but I'm sure you know this :-s

Omg!! You are right! I'm guilty of taking too many pictures also maybe I should have her in a different enclosure?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Omg!! You are right! I'm guilty of taking too many pictures also maybe I should have her in a different enclosure?
You aren't guilty of taking 'many pictures' :kiss: I was joking, meaning: this picture, and the one of before (I saw that) were just 'normal' pictures (while the first a bit funny).

As far as the enclosure is concerned I (and others) can help so, yes... upload a pic ( :angelic: ) of the whole enclosure :-s

Gabby Gordita

Arachnopeon
You aren't guilty of taking 'many pictures' :kiss: I was joking, meaning: this picture, and the one of before (I saw that) were just 'normal' pictures (while the first a bit funny).

As far as the enclosure is concerned I (and others) can help so, yes... upload a pic ( :angelic: ) of the whole enclosure :-s
TADA!
It's a front opening enclosure and it's pretty tall maybe just get a lower enclosure?
P.S.(That's like a styrofoam piece behind the tank idk why it's there right now it's not in the tank)
20170401_162134.jpg

Gabby Gordita

Arachnopeon
If you just rehoused, then it'll take some time for her to get used to the enclosure. Until then, it's normal to see her perching on the wood or glass.

I would add that substrate soon since she's prone to climbing. Here's my substrate to height ratio on my enclosures, and uses eco-earth:
Your enclosure is brilliant!!!! I just took a look at it and I love it!!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
TADA!
It's a front opening enclosure and it's pretty tall maybe just get a lower enclosure?
P.S.(That's like a styrofoam piece behind the tank idk why it's there right now it's not in the tank)
View attachment 236016
Eh... taller is IMO a bit taller, uh :angelic: and again (sorry, my eyes can betray me now at this hour) IMO looks more taller than large but anyway, a climb and fall scenario would be 'nothing' just like for 'terrible'.
Only for this, seriously I would rehouse yours into a cheap medium KK, instead of add more substrate. Same decor, same dry sub.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I'm hitting refresh 24/7, desperately waiting for Gabby gettn' it on! o_O
The tarantula has won the dance battle. Done. Lil miss @Gabby Gordita is not putting up a challenge. :cat:

So...get that new enclosure situated, Gabs; and post a pic for us to see. :)

Jokes aside, your baby seems to be okay. I do also wonder if it is a male. I have a MM G. porteri myself, and he is alllways doing crazy stuff in his enclosure. :embarrassed: