What is my tarantula doing?¿ (cont.)

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
The tarantula has won the dance battle. Done. Lil miss @Gabby Gordita is not putting up a challenge. :cat:
:shifty:

Anyways. I agree on her T bring perfectly fine - from what we can see.
If at all, it's Gabby's suffering from the typical and probably unavoidable "T helicopter mom" problem, where the slightest signs are always implications for major problems. I think most here experience it with their own T's.

If my T molts, I freak out and expect the worst to happen - everyone else says don't sweat it.
Someone else's T molts and he/she freaks out, I'm the one rolling his eyes saying don't sweat it, all is gonna be fine.

That's why we all need each other, we can't see straight about our own little treasures! :D

Leila

Arachnobaron
:shifty:

That's why we all need each other, we can't see straight about our own little treasures! :D
Yes. I agree. We all kinda flip out a bit about certain things because we Care. I do not perceive this as a bad thing. It'd be much worse if every one of us was complacent, yes? :)

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Yes. I agree. We all kinda flip out a bit about certain things because we Care. I do not perceive this as a bad thing. It'd be much worse if every one of us was complacent, yes? :)
That's how I meant it, as a very positive thing... Did it come across differently?

Leila

Arachnobaron
That's how I meant it, as a very positive thing... Did it come across differently?
No way, Kendricks :shy:
I was agreeing with ya, friend. :)
I hate how text can be so hard to interpret sometimes. (and that is why I use so many emojis. Lol)

Gabby Gordita

Arachnopeon
So I got him?/her¿ into a nice low cage, it seems a little small to me but she really just likes to hide under the log most of the time. I'm so guilty of helicopter parenting:dead::embarrassed: Snapchat-1209779825.jpg

Gabby Gordita

Arachnopeon
The tarantula has won the dance battle. Done. Lil miss @Gabby Gordita is not putting up a challenge. :cat:

So...get that new enclosure situated, Gabs; and post a pic for us to see. :)

Jokes aside, your baby seems to be okay. I do also wonder if it is a male. I have a MM G. porteri myself, and he is alllways doing crazy stuff in his enclosure. :embarrassed:
All my dancing is done in the air, it would not have been a fair fight Screenshot_20170306-191223.png

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
The more I'm looking at it, the more I'm thinking mature male... Got a closer pic of the pedipalps and maybe a picture of it from the above sprawled out?

cold blood

Staff member