What is Chilobrachys sp.Black Satan?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
It's an OW (Asian). It's name is directly tied to it's personality. Maybe a marketing gimmick, but the C sp Black Satan is not docile. It's a typical Chilobrachys. Reclusive, but highly defensive if it feels the need.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Are Asian tarantulas exceptionally nasty/defensive compared to other OW tarantulas? Sorry if my question seems stupid but I am intrigued by the spider.
No dumb questions. I feel Asians are the next step of defensiveness compared to pretty much any African. Once you are used to them, it all becomes pretty easy imo. BTW, I call my C lividus, "Blue Satan" Shes my only tarantula that will throw a threat posture just for looking at her.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
No dumb questions. I feel Asians are the next step of defensiveness compared to pretty much any African. Once you are used to them, it all becomes pretty easy imo. BTW, I call my C lividus, "Blue Satan" Shes my only tarantula that will throw a threat posture just for looking at her.
generally, yes.
Thank you very much for explaining, I greatly appreciate it. :)

I take that they aren't really a beginner spider and should be only be kept by the experienced?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Thank you very much for explaining, I greatly appreciate it. :)

I take that they aren't really a beginner spider and should be only be kept by the experienced?
Yeah, If you're just beginning, work your way there. If a jet black tarantula is desired, look for a Grammostola pulchra. They are stunning, stay out and won't send you to the ER if there is a bite. Good luck on getting a G pulchra to bite.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
A Brachypelma vagans will be at a similar price point to a C sp Black Satan. The G pulchra will cost more and is a bit harder to find.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
That's much less intimidating than any Asian. They both top out at a similar size. You can always start with a juvenile. Brachypelma and Grammostola species are much slower and more mellow than any old world

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
That's much less intimidating than any Asian. They both top out at a similar size. You can always start with a juvenile. Brachypelma and Grammostola species are much slower and more mellow than any old world
Would you recommend a Mexican Red-Rump to a beginner, or would you recommend that the beginner get more experience before attempting to care for a Mexican Red Rump?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Would you recommend a Mexican Red-Rump to a beginner, or would you recommend that the beginner get more experience before attempting to care for a Mexican Red Rump?
Very good beginners species. Widely available and reasonably priced.

cold blood

Staff member
That's a big boy/girl, kind of intimidating. Beautiful coloration and this is coming from someone who is usually afraid of them.
Female...she's actually only 4"....she will top out around 6".
Yes, theyre a good beginner species.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
Female...she's actually only 4"....she will top out around 6".

Yes, theyre a good beginner species.
How much do they usually go for? Because I saw being sold for 89.99 and another was 24.99. That's a wild fluctuation in price.

Nice, she is quite beautiful.