What frightens you more?

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1. escape. I worry about the stupid ferrett getting ahold of one.
2. comming home to a death curl, or worse yet a dead spider.
3. a bad moult, resulting in death
4. mites or parasites...I have those little flies that I'm having issues with.

I'm not sure where getting bitten would rate, I worry more about the health of my T's than I do about myself. Gosh, I'm gonna be a nut if I ever have children.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Parasites and escapes.

I couldn't care a less how potent venom my Ts have. Most likely it's not going to kill me, so who cares. ;P

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My sons corn snake. She petrifies me. She is orange with red eyes, and always comes out and watches when I hoover the room. When he goes away, she and the python go to the pet shop. Last time I picked them up, she nearly escaped in the car - she popped the top of the pet carrier and was half out when I opened the boot! I thought what do I do?, if I run and get him she'll be gone in my car, So I poked her from a vast distance, and she retreated and I slammed the lid shut! My living nightmare.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My worst fear would be to have an escaped pede wandering aroung loose. I mean those those things are always hungry......

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Large scale nematode infection is my biggest fear.:(

I hear ya. nematodes would really suck. I've been biten by a B. vagans, no big whoop, but losing all my T's to something I can't stop would be the worst.

Buckwheat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I too worry about molting. It is such a time for them but they always somehow seem to make it through. I have never lost a spider to a molt. I guess I've been lucky in the fact that I have only ever lost one spider in the years I've been involved with this. I have been bitten a few times you might say. It scares the pants off me more than any effects the bite might produce. As to the question about the venom of H. Lividum [cobalt blues]I don't believe there is any scientific evidence that shows their venom[or any other for that matter]to be any worse than any other tarantula. Lastly, being a Vietnam veteran, I have in fact seen the effects of a vietnamese pede up close and personal. Thank goodness it wasn't me! I have also seen H. lividum in the wild there. There is something about seeing such things without the confines of a cage that makes you fear them even more at times. Especially when you consider your sleeping on the ground in their turf!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'm mostly afraid of the hair...nothing works for me and i've scratched my hand to bleed once after having exposure with Pampho hair...now that's pain...
Then dont try Apophysis hairs, they got me to see the inside of the local hospital and get fixed;-(

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when moving one of my Ts into a new tank, my biggest concern is definitely escaping. i transfered my 4.5" Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" yesterday, and the entire process was too complex for me to recount and took at least 45 minutes.

and, of course, all the things that result in death.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My worst fear is exactly the same as yours. Fearing that my pokies are lost somewhere with no food or water.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My biggest fear is definitely an escape, because I told my arachnophobic roommate when I moved in, that if I ever had a T escape and I couldn't find it immediately, that I would pay to have the whole house bug-bombed so she could sleep at night.

So far, so good, it definitely makes me triple-check the lids on the tanks at night. :)

FelanMoira

Arachnopeon
1. an escape - hubby is more phobic than me, so I'll be the one searching!
2. a bite (I'm a wuss - and I'm a vet tech and I'm more worried about a T bite than a cat bite or a big dog bite, go figure!)
3. a bad molt! I haven't experienced a molt yet, so I'll be a very worried mum and fascinated at the same time!

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
For me, its the running on me. :8o

While I've got nearly 20 tarantulas now, and enjoy them thoroughly in every aspect of their care...the thought of them bolting out of the container onto me is my ultimate fear. I can get them into a container from a ceiling, wall, or floor with little difficulty, I've done that twice now with little problem. But to run on me? No way, Jose...

Just re-housing my now sub-adult P. irminia on Friday about gave me a coronary, that thing is lightning fast and unpredictable. I'm also not all that excited about getting nailed should it happen onto me and I do my usual "I walked into a spider web dance" complete with running and screaming like a little girl and shucking my clothes off all in about 2 seconds time. {D

Thankfully its new home is a permanent one, no more re-housing for it, unless it proves to be male.

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That reminds me of a news story I heard on the radio a few years ago. A mouse had crawled into the clothing of a teacher in Italy. She panicked and removed all her clothes in front of the class to try and get rid of the mouse. I believe the class was very young - possibly primary school or earlier.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had a scolopendra loose for 1½ month. Don't care much about that. What I am afraid of atm is that one of the cats currently living here knocks over a box and kills the inhibitant.

hardtohandle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My worst fear would be an escapee that will eventually get caught by our cats, hehehe! Because that is a sure death sentence for my beloved invert escapees.:wall:

Webslinger

Arachnopeon
I'd go with my subspines getting out. T's don't really give me the shivers the way I imagine crawling into bed with a hungry 10" centipede.

Not to mention their bite is 100 times worse than that of any T's.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Getting a flee infestation in the house and not being able to bug bomb without killing all the T's, and Roaches.

I worry about bits (I might be allergic) and escapes. But those things do happen occasionaly and can't be helped. But to potentialy loose every last T... not a good thin:( :(

Water spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My biggest fear is finding some of my spiders dead for no apparent reason...

That and some of them escaping. Luckily, that has never happened with my tarantulas. (I am more concerned about spider escaping without me noticing, then spider escaping from it's container and attacking me)

Of course I wouldn't like to get bitten, but I can't say I worry about it a lot...

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My biggest fear is my landlord coming into my apartment and see all my spiders:eek: I think he would kill me:D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Being bitten by a OBT again! Escapees ALWAYS turn up.