What are you egg-specting?

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
what eggsacs is everyone waiting on? Pretty simple topic. :)

Past egg-sperences would be cool too :)

(End puns)

I'm currently waiting on
-c marshalli just paired yesterday (can't believe how gentle they were with each other)

- a versicolor (she's looking very promising)

- l Parahybana (")

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
2 G. porteri, 1 B. smithi paired. T. ockerti and A. versicolor in the works.
Also a N. incei gold and E. uatuman out for loans

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
2 P.vitatta 1 GBB and something else but I can't remeber what male I sent out and to who.. I thinks it time to start writing this crap down.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
1 Grammostola rosea... who was paired an entire year ago... :confused:
This may have been covered somewhere and if so, please direct me to where, but how long after pairing do they lay their sacs? Is it the same for all species or is it around the same? Also are slings kept in the same enclosure for a period of time or separated? Will the mama eat them? Will they eat eachother?

This is simply my curiosity. I have no intentions of pairing any tarantulas.

Thanks!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
This may have been covered somewhere and if so, please direct me to where, but how long after pairing do they lay their sacs? Is it the same for all species or is it around the same? Also are slings kept in the same enclosure for a period of time or separated? Will the mama eat them? Will they eat eachother?

Thanks!
The gestation time is different between species... rosea can be one of the longest.

Slings are usually kept all in one incubator until 1st or 2nd instar. I plan to separate my slings when they begin darkening up and are still 1st instar. In some species the mother is extremely tolerant of the slings, and even take care of them, for an indefinite amount of time (Monocentropus balfouri, for example), while most species will not tolerate the slings for very long at all.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
P. striata, E. truculentus, and B. emilia have been successfully paired. All are nesting in some way or another, which is a great sign. These are my first pairings, so I'm hoping to get some good results here.

Currently working on L. parahybana (waiting for the female to molt) and C. fimbriatus (2nd attempt will be next week).

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek

Thanks!
correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a T can lay a sac the next day after being paired. Just depends on if she has produced eggs inside of herself.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a T can lay a sac the next day after being paired. Just depends on if she has produced eggs inside of herself.
You are not wrong. I have had Psalmopoeus lay the next day.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
You are not wrong. I have had Psalmopoeus lay the next day.
Thats what I had thought. I think my C marshalli is about to explode and its day two after pairing, I really think she could drop a sac any day now. Thank you for clearing that up for me. How much did the sac yield?

creepa

Arachnoknight
I am currently waiting for my Selenocosmia crassipes, Poecilotheria regalis, Monocentropus balfouri and Chilobrachys sp. kaeng krachan females to bring me some snowballs this winter...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats what I had thought. I think my C marshalli is about to explode and its day two after pairing, I really think she could drop a sac any day now. Thank you for clearing that up for me. How much did the sac yield?
Glad someone is breeding them. We don't see this species as often as we should IMO.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
I'm waiting on gravid S calceatum, B albopilosum, C lividus, and C Minax

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Glad someone is breeding them. We don't see this species as often as we should IMO.
It was a long search for a MM. I see a lot of adults for sale, mostly WC. I think one of the reasons I breed is to see if I get any oddities. I keep my fingers crossed for a T with no eyes or maybe an extra leg :astonished:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
How much did the sac yield?
Don't remember, I would guess average Psalmopoeus sac 80-120. Females can be gravid, full of eggs at anytime when they are mature, all they need is a quick insertion to make a viable sac. :)

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
what eggsacs is everyone waiting on? Pretty simple topic. :)

Past egg-sperences would be cool too :)

(End puns)

I'm currently waiting on
-c marshalli just paired yesterday (can't believe how gentle they were with each other)

- a versicolor (she's looking very promising)

- l Parahybana (")
Me? Sadly just some dubia roach babies :meh:

Hopefully gonna breed a gbb soon though! I CAN NOT wait to get my first egg sack