Well now I'm just unsure

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
I posted awhile back about my Borneo blk not growing very fast. I purchased this t in 2014. This t is never out when the lights are on and rarely seen in the dark and usually it's just the feet. But several months back I went into my t room when the lights were off with my red light. Low and behold the Borneo blk was out. Even on the front of the tub! So I took a measurement 3 1/4 inches. I thought it would be so much bigger. Well tonight it was out and I actually got pics. It has molted since I last saw it and is 4 1/2 inches. But while I was taking pics I realized it might not be what it was sold to me as. Some thoughts as to what it is or if indeed it is a Borneo blk would be greatly appreciated. It just seems to have quite a bit of a blue hue to it. Doesn't quite look like the ones I've seen. IMG_0261.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0263.JPG

Last edited:

PandoraFidgets

Arachnopeon
I posted awhile back about my Borneo blk not growing very fast. I purchased this t in 2014. This t is never out when the lights are on and rarely seen in the dark and usually it's just the feet. But several months back I went into my t room when the lights were off with my red light. Low and behold the Borneo blk was out. Even on the front of the tub! So I took a measurement 3 1/4 inches. I thought it would be so much bigger. Well tonight it was out and I actually got pics. It has molted since I last saw it and is 4 1/2 inches. But while I was taking pics I realized it might not be what it was sold to me as. Some thoughts as to what it is or if indeed it is a Borneo blk would be greatly appreciated. It just seems to have quite a bit of a blue hue to it. Doesn't quite look like the ones I've seen. View attachment 232044 View attachment 232045 View attachment 232046
Almost looks like a Purple Pink Toe but not quite.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Looks like the examples I found. Could be lighter from recently molting or a camera effect.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks right to me. Probably will get darker over the next several molts. Pretty T!

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Yeah, my mistake.....corrected it. Common name threw me off, was confusing it with Ornitoctonae.
It's not a common name. L.sp Borneo black is is the name. I'm curious as to what burrowing species you were referring to?

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
eh, LVs have lighter carapaces. looks like a nigerrium to me. but ive not seen many pics of borneo blacks and mine is only 2".

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It's not a common name. L.sp Borneo black is is the name. I'm curious as to what burrowing species you were referring to?
Only 'Borneo Black' was mentioned in your OP, and since I was too much in a hurry to correct someone else I made a fool of myself by saying your spider was a burrower, and therefor definitely not an Avic. I corrected that later but damage was done:D
The species I was confusing it with
was H.lividum/C.lividus or Ornitoctonae species. But since I don't know a thing about Asian OW, I should have just kept my mouth shut after saying it is definitely not an Avic. :shy:

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Well I'm just going to hope it doesn't destroy its next molt and see if I can check spermethica. Yes it's probably spelled wrong. My auto correct is fighting with me and I just gave up. Last time it did this it changed my title to Born black and I didn't even notice till I posted. Sigh thank you everyone for the replies, appreciated!

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
eh, LVs have lighter carapaces. looks like a nigerrium to me. but ive not seen many pics of borneo blacks and mine is only 2".
I would agree with the lighter carapace except I have two AF females from the same clutch and one has a very light carapace and one has a very dark carapace. She even turned black for a bit then back to purple.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've owned Lvs, only males unfortunately. I cannot say for sure, but if that's a MM male, that is NOT an Lv. Lvs are olive green. Usually male Lvs mature out at the size from 4" to 6" in a single molt. The maturity molt is a large size gain.

Also, the color of the setae in your pic are black, whereas in Jose's his are light brown. I don't recall seeing long sparse black setae in my Lvs, the males had the color of Jose's, that straw kind of color.

It resembles an Lv, but I don't think it is one, I could be wrong easily. I just don't recall ever seeing an Lv that is so faint of color in the blue/purple. @Poec54 would likely know.