Well now I'm just unsure

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've owned Lvs, only males unfortunately. I cannot say for sure, but if that's a MM male, that is NOT an Lv. Lvs are olive green. Usually male Lvs mature out at the size from 4" to 6" in a single molt. The maturity molt is a large size gain.

Also, the color of the setae in your pic are black, whereas in Jose's his are light brown. I don't recall seeing long sparse black setae in my Lvs, the males had the color of Jose's, that straw kind of color.

It resembles an Lv, but I don't think it is one, I could be wrong easily. I just don't recall ever seeing an Lv that is so faint of color in the blue/purple. @Poec54 would likely know.
Don't act like you don't know he's gone :shifty:

EDIT: Wow, okay, nevermind. Hadn't checked his profile in awhile, and I somehow managed to miss his posts. Good to see he made his way back.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've owned Lvs, only males unfortunately. I cannot say for sure, but if that's a MM male, that is NOT an Lv. Lvs are olive green. Usually male Lvs mature out at the size from 4" to 6" in a single molt. The maturity molt is a large size gain.

Also, the color of the setae in your pic are black, whereas in Jose's his are light brown. I don't recall seeing long sparse black setae in my Lvs, the males had the color of Jose's, that straw kind of color.

It resembles an Lv, but I don't think it is one, I could be wrong easily. I just don't recall ever seeing an Lv that is so faint of color in the blue/purple. @Poec54 would likely know.
I don't think it's an Lv. But I'm still not sure it's a Borneo blk either. It's not a mature male no emboli. I've had quite a few Lvs, and never have the females been that faint. And you a correct mm Lvs are olive green/brown. It just took me back when I finally saw it had a blue hue which I thought Borneo blk s don't have. Also the feet aren't like female Lvs. They have wide feathery looking feet. I would love it if @Poec54 chimed in.

creepa

Arachnoknight
To me this looks like a L. sp. Borneo black.

Lampropelma nigerrimum lacks the tiger pattern and Lampropelma sp. Borneo black can look a bit purple on de femura under the right light circumstances.

Isn't Omothymus (ex Lampropelma ? ) genus arboreal? :p
Lampropelma is still a valid genus name with nigerrimum being the only species... (for now)

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Doesn't look like either of my Borneo Blacks.

Mature male (don't know why it keeps rotating the image):

WP_20160930_18_21_29_Pro.jpg

I don't have a great shot of my female. I had to coax her to get her where I could get any shots of her today, and didn't want to irritate her more just to get a full body shot, since I think what I got is sufficient for comparison purposes.

WP_20170305_14_26_56_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_27_22_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_30_17_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_30_21_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_31_50_Pro.jpg

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A few more shots of the female.

WP_20170305_14_32_05_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_33_29_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_33_42_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_34_09_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_14_33_55_Pro.jpg

With the flashlight, there were obvious red setae on her abdomen and legs, but the last picture is the only one that really shows any of that, and even then not that well- just a bit on the abdomen. I got these as slings from Advan in March of '14.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@scott308 thank you very much for the pics. You are right mine looks nothing like your female. I thought it should be all black by now like yours. Well my quest goes on. Thanks for the help!

47KEARNS47

Arachnopeon
A few more shots of the female.

View attachment 233189 View attachment 233190 View attachment 233191 View attachment 233193 View attachment 233194

With the flashlight, there were obvious red setae on her abdomen and legs, but the last picture is the only one that really shows any of that, and even then not that well- just a bit on the abdomen. I got these as slings from Advan in March of '14.
I'm contemplating getting a 2" Borneo black possibly the pair. After seeing these pictures they appear to be beautiful T's. I've tried researching them better but all of the care sheets and temperament write ups appear to be very vague. Could you please tell me a little bit about them, what I might expect from them? I have kept avics, pokies and a few other arboreals, I would just like a better idea of what I might be getting into if I should chose to get one or both?

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm contemplating getting a 2" Borneo black possibly the pair. After seeing these pictures they appear to be beautiful T's. I've tried researching them better but all of the care sheets and temperament write ups appear to be very vague. Could you please tell me a little bit about them, what I might expect from them? I have kept avics, pokies and a few other arboreals, I would just like a better idea of what I might be getting into if I should chose to get one or both?
Well I'm unsure if mine is a Bb. But @scott308 can tell you how he cares for his. Mine what ever it may be just molted again and has actually been out for the past month. This t has literally stayed in it cork tube and never came out for over a year.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fresh pics, freshly molted. She's about 4 inches. She is housed in quite a large enclosure so there's been enough room to grow. Any thoughts on what she is would be appreciated. IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0411.JPG IMG_0401.JPG

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep them similar to my cambridgeis, but with deeper substrate. Neither one has really used the arboreal space, spending most of their time underground. The male would occasionally come out where I could see him even before maturing. The female I almost never see. I will occasionally catch a glimpse at the edge of her burrow at night, but it is pretty rare. As for temperament, the male has always been a bit feisty, more so after maturation. I expected the female to be in a rotten mood since I was using a straw to annoy her into coming out where I could get photos, but she seemed pretty calm.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Apparently my Borneo black has been listening to my G.pulchra about growth rates. 4 years old and only 4 inches. She is very beautiful though. Someday she may even turn black.:rofl:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Apparently my Borneo black has been listening to my G.pulchra about growth rates. 4 years old and only 4 inches. She is very beautiful though. Someday she may even turn black.:rofl:
She will turn black with purple hues freshly molted. But adult females do brown out at the end of their molt cycles.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I'm late to this discussion, but I have a "likely" female 4" LP that hasn't molted since like 2014, so don't worry about your T's not molting. If they are thriving they are fine.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She molted three months ago and got rather blue. She just molted again about two weeks ago and didn't gain any size. She's just a slow grower I guess.