Want to see my bug room?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never posted pics of my bug room last time a thread like this was done so...

I'd love to see your bug accomodations too if you got pics.

This pic is basically the whole room. It's in my finished basement so it works out well. Never mind the bug nerd in the corner there.....;P (It's just me, don't be frightened. The closet doors are mirrored)

Attachments

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's a pic of the main wall. The s'lings and juvies are all in the center. Pedes on the shelf to the far right...

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To help with good circulation, we run this fan for a few hours with the door open every other day or so.

See ya! :)

Atrax

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Quite a collection you've amassed Gary! The room looks pretty much how I want mine to be, when I have enough to fill one up.

Bill

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is my invert room aka my bedroom, I keep all my reptiles in my living room so these are all inverts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That'zs a great idea filling those drawers with potting soil. I'll have to try that.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you guys have some pretty sweet looking room for your inverts...cant wait til i get a huge collection like those goin!

Risto

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Right now we have all our creepy crawlies in the living room, but my little brother lives with us so we don't have a spare room. He is moving out in June though, and then we will have a bug room!

Ali

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
That'zs a great idea filling those drawers with potting soil. I'll have to try that.
I use vermiculite, and it cuts substrate moistening to a third at least. I only have to "water" the slings once a month or less. Also I have only had one sling death since I started using this method.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice set up Jeremy! I see you have discovered the usefullness of the little zip-loc re-useable containers too. I think they're great for juvie inverts.
Nice idea for the baby bug nursery. :)

Atrax

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
I use vermiculite, and it cuts substrate moistening to a third at least. I only have to "water" the slings once a month or less. Also I have only had one sling death since I started using this method.
I'll have to purchase this Vermiculite. I've been using Sphagnum Peat Moss for my T's.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thats cool. I wish I had a bug room. Then I could have more bugs. :(

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just love Pet Pals. They're very stackable and space saving.

True,
Except when we have too unstack them when its feeding time. Then there all over the floor, on the desk, out in the hall and in the driveway. OK, its not that bad. LOL :}

Ernie

Attachments

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Thought I would chime it. I originally had the keepers sitting on shelves with heat lamps and such but it was hard to control the humidty so I picked up a nice looking hutch from IKEA.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'll have to purchase this Vermiculite. I've been using Sphagnum Peat Moss for my T's.
The whole set up is very cheap, here is a break down of how much it would run you to do it;

1. three drawer cart from Wal-mart $9.96
2. Vermiculite from hardware store $8.00 for two bags

Total $17.96 plus tax so $20 and you can put like fifty sling in one of these set ups.