want a blue or yellow or red terrestrial T

BCspiderman7

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone :) At the moment I have 2 terrestrial Ts......a pink form Grammostola Rosea and a B.albopolisum. They are great and I love them but find their colouring boring. Can anyone give me a list of blue or yellow or red terrestrial tarantulas. I would prefer only ones that don't burrow because to me it makes no sense to own a colourful T if you never see it.......Has to be terrestrial....not arborial. Thanks in advance!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
If you're comfortable with a little more speed and a whole lot of webbing, Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens is exactly the T you're looking for. While they don't necessarily burrow, they still need to be provided with a hide in some form like all Ts, and this species in particular likes plenty of anchor points to set up web hammocks and hides for itself. Other than that they're super simple care wise, bone dry sub and a water dish, and they have a great appetite.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Euthalus sp. Red ,yellow.. P.sazamai,GBB, (T.ockerti- They are green and red) (G.sp concepcion orange and red,nicest looking Grammastola IMO) Hapalopus sp.columbia.

All of these are reasonably easy to find,relatively inexpensive, hardy and beginner friendly IMO.

cold blood

Staff member
Euthalus sp. Red ,yellow.. P.sazamai,GBB, (T.ockerti- They are green and red) (G.sp concepcion orange and red,nicest looking Grammastola IMO) Hapalopus sp.columbia.

All of these are reasonably easy to find,relatively inexpensive, hardy and beginner friendly IMO.
yep, good ones.

T. cyaneolum, B. emelia/bohmei, N. chromatus, A. moderatum, and A. bicoloratum are a few more.

BCspiderman7

Arachnopeon

Thanks for the help......Do you know anything about the Lampropelma Violaceops (Singapore Blue) or the Poecilotheria Matallica (Gooty Sapphire Onamental)?

BCspiderman7

Arachnopeon
yep, good ones.

T. cyaneolum, B. emelia/bohmei, N. chromatus, A. moderatum, and A. bicoloratum are a few more.
Thanksfor the help......Do you know anything about the Lampropelma Violaceops (Singapore Blue) or the Poecilotheria Matallica (Gooty Sapphire Onamental)?

BCspiderman7

Arachnopeon
If you're comfortable with a little more speed and a whole lot of webbing, Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens is exactly the T you're looking for. While they don't necessarily burrow, they still need to be provided with a hide in some form like all Ts, and this species in particular likes plenty of anchor points to set up web hammocks and hides for itself. Other than that they're super simple care wise, bone dry sub and a water dish, and they have a great appetite.
Thanks for the help......Do you know anything about the Lampropelma Violaceops (Singapore Blue) or the Poecilotheria Matallica (Gooty Sapphire Onamental)?

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Those are both arboreal and definitely not beginner species.

BCspiderman7

Arachnopeon
Those are both arboreal and definitely not beginner species.
Grrr I wish people who make tarantula videos on youtube say whether it is a terrestrial or arborial. Ok where can I find a list with just colourful terrestrial ones that include pictures?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Lightning fast arboreals with very potent venom, definitely not for begginers, and not what you're looking for.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Grrr I wish people who make tarantula videos on youtube say whether it is a terrestrial or arborial. Ok where can I find a list with just colourful terrestrial ones that include pictures?
Yea you don't want either of those.. Not just yet anyways..Lol

You can google the names of the Ts we suggested or hunt them down on Tarantula Canada's gallery.. It's one of the most inclusive that I know of and very easy to navigate..

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
It's not that easy man haha you have to do the research yourself. Google is a hell of a resource.

BCspiderman7

Arachnopeon
Yea you don't want either of those.. Not just yet anyways..Lol

You can google the names of the Ts we suggested or hunt them down on Tarantula Canada's gallery.. It's one of the most inclusive that I know of and very easy to navigate..
Yes I have been on the Tarantula Canada's website many times but their price list of what they have does not mention if it is a terrestrial or arborial. Or atleast when I was on it last night I did not see anything saying terrestrial or arborial. Thanks for the help. I might end up with a orange baboon.....love it's orange colour and love big spiders too! :)

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Yes I have been on the Tarantula Canada's website many times but their price list of what they have does not mention if it is a terrestrial or arborial. Or atleast when I was on it last night I did not see anything saying terrestrial or arborial. Thanks for the help. I might end up with a orange baboon.....love it's orange colour and love big spiders too! :)
Ummmmm I wouldn't recommend it- very very fast, very very defensive, literally nicknamed the orange bitey thing, really potent venom- not exactly the best option for someone who's only kept slow and docile terrestrials. That being said it's completely up to you, just trying to give you a heads up.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
B smithi
C cyaneopubescens
T okerti
B emilia

I don't think you're finding the brightest colors unless you go up in the trees (arboreal) or deep in the ground (burrowers). Bright colors in a mainly terrestrial Tarantula don't lend themselves to long term species survival. You know, Darwin. Colors are a little more muted, still beautiful.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Do you know anything about the Lampropelma Violaceops (Singapore Blue) or the Poecilotheria Matallica (Gooty Sapphire Onamental)?
Do you know anything about the Lampropelma Violaceops (Singapore Blue) or the Poecilotheria Matallica (Gooty Sapphire Onamental)?
Yes they are Asian arboreals: fast as light, with potent venom, one in full "empty enclosure" while the other "run & hide" mostly :-s

Yes they are Asian arboreals: fast as light, with potent venom, one in full "empty enclosure" while the other "run & hide" mostly :-s

I have "echoes" today :kiss: