Waht should I get next?

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Speaking of crazy colorations and markings. I Got a Xenethsis intermedia juvenile recently. Can't wait for a couple molts when the Fuschia and veil like carapace markings really start to show and it grows into its legginess. Had to do some spot cleaning today and then go back in there later as I forgot to change the water bowl....they're threat pose is something to see....gave it to me for 5 mins the first time then wouldnt let me take out the wayer bowl later! Abdomen high up in the air a long with their super long front legs! Was going to take a picture but figured I stressed it out enough and finished as quickly as possible!

I honestly wish Pamphos weren't as muddied up a genus as they are, as they definitely have their perks!!

To each their own. Plus taste changes over time!

Thought Aphonopelma was a boring genus, now they are some of my faves!!

Oh wow pamphos look very much like thicker, more subdued xenethsis, the color on that intermedia and the whole genus really is amazing!!! I gotta go do some research on care cause that is a lil beauty....abdomen high up in the air is hilarious and cute, my pulchra does that at as well as a 1+inch sling :)

A. moorae is one of my dream tarantulas forsure.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Oh wow pamphos look very much like thicker, more subdued xenethsis, the color on that genus is amazing!!! I gotta go do some research on care cause that is a lil beauty....abdomen high up in the air is hilarious and cute, my pulchra does that at as well as a 1+inch sling :)

A. moorae is one of my dream tarantulas forsure!
I agree....they're certainly beautiful. They only 2 things that I don't like are that they're so expensive and that they grow so slowly! But man are they gorgeous.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I agree....they're certainly beautiful. They only 2 things that I don't like are that they're so expensive and that they grow so slowly! But man are they gorgeous.
Xenesthis growth rate is medium to fast with big gains after each molt but yes they are expensive!!

Unless you were talking about Aphonopelma....then yes they grow glacially slow :)

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Xenesthis growth rate is medium to fast with big gains after each molt but yes they are expensive!!

Unless you were talking about Aphonopelma....then yes they grow glacially slow :)
Yeah, I was talking about A. mooreae lol. In terms of appearance, I think that they're one of the most beautiful tarantulas. I think that only one or a few people are breeding them at the moment so the prices are WAY out of my budget! So I got a GBB :) . Similar, but more affordable and they grow a lot faster.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know!!!! I saw that someone waited a year for it to grow from 1/2inch to 3/4 inch....so damn pretty though. I just got two GBBs a week or so ago :)

Aw man now I'm stuck between pampho or xenesthis.....ah or of course phormicoptus.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I know!!!! I saw that someone waited a year for it to grow from 1/2inch to 3/4 inch....so damn pretty though. I just got two GBBs a week or so ago :)

Aw man now I'm stuck between pampho or xenesthis.....ah or of course phormicoptus.
PHORMICTOPUS! So many species to choose from, feisty, and great eaters. And the coloration on each specimen is unique. Super cool. Tom Moran has a really great video about the genus on YouTube. The Phormictopus sp. dominican purple especially is stunning!

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Pampho's growth rate is pretty fast, some extremely fast....definitely nowhere near slow. I've noticed you've been answering a lot of peoples questions incorrectly. Please don't. That helps no one. Only answer what you know for sure. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. Noone likes misinformation being passed around.

Your dislike/disagree:like/agree ratio is off the charts.

Also Theraposa need a little extra moisture....its as easy as making sure the substrate doesn't get dry...nothing difficult about that. He also has other spiders that get really big...size doesn't make a spider easier or harder to keep.

Honestly, I find larger spoods a lot easier to rehouse!
Well at least the one that my old science teacher owns has only grown a inch in about a year and a half sorry

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Well at least the one that my old science teacher owns has only grown a inch in about a year and a half sorry
Tell your teacher...."Hey Mr./Mrs._______ this is a pamphobeteus not a brachypelma or an aphonopelma! Crank up the heat and start feeeding it more...its growth rate is suffering!".....A+ on your report card ;)

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Tell your teacher...."Hey Mr./Mrs._______ this is a pamphobeteus not a brachypelma or an aphonopelma! Crank up the heat and start feeeding it more...its growth rate is suffering!".....A+ on your report card ;)
I already had a 99.78 average in her class all year long lol

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I already had a 99.78 average in her class all year long lol
Wow!! Had you used that line you'd have had a perfect score!!! I kid. I kid. Keep up the great work! Pretty cool your teacher has a pampho. I'm from New York City....I wish my teacher had a hamster!!!

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Wow!! Had you used that line you'd have had a perfect score!!! I kid. I kid. Keep up the great work! Pretty cool your teacher has a pampho. I'm from New York City....I wish my teacher had a hamster!!!
She also has a GBB, C versicolor, B hamorii, B kabockla, and like four others I can’t remember

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I recommend getting a B. auratum as they're quite a stunning species of Brachypelma.

Yeah....its relatively new to the hobby!
B. cabocla is relatively new? Wasn't it introduced into the hobby in 2009? It was called and labeled as Maraca cabocla when it was introduced into the hobby before it got a revision into the Bumba genus.

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe something like a Psalmopoeus, Tapinauchenius or Pseudoclamoris? Or if you want add another terrestrial, something that grows big and is always exciting to feed like Pamphobeteus, Phormictopus, Sericopelma, Xenesthis or Theraphosa.
P. sazimai, T. ockerti, D. pentaloris if you want a colorful one.

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
Alright guys.. I went to this reptile store place whatever they also sell tarantulas and I went to look at their current stock. I just saw a bunch of A. seemani, until I looked down and saw a P. cambridgei and a P. regalis. Was so tempted to get the P. regalis but it was way out of my budget so now I have a P. cambridgei! Looks to be a juvenile, was very thin too. Put two crickets with her/him just now and he gottem. Very happy with my purchase!

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Alright guys.. I went to this reptile store place whatever they also sell tarantulas and I went to look at their current stock. I just saw a bunch of A. seemani, until I looked down and saw a P. cambridgei and a P. regalis. Was so tempted to get the P. regalis but it was way out of my budget so now I have a P. cambridgei! Looks to be a juvenile, was very thin too. Put two crickets with her/him just now and he gottem. Very happy with my purchase!
You don’t have the experience to own a Poecilotheria I don’t have it and have been keeping 12x the amount of time you’ve been keeping. Careful with that P cambridgei also send pics of it enclosure so I can give some tips or if it’s fine

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
You don’t have the experience to own a Poecilotheria I don’t have it and have been keeping 12x the amount of time you’ve been keeping. Careful with that P cambridgei also send pics of it enclosure so I can give some tips or if it’s fine
While I may not have years of experience, I think it has more to do with having your wits about you and knowing what you could possibly be in for. While I would never recommend an OW as a first tarantula, I've heard of many people that bought and successfully kept pokies as their first tarantula(s). If you take the proper precautions and know just how feisty they can be, most keepers would probably fair fine. Of course, things can always go wrong but that can happen with anybody, no matter their experience level, it's just those mistakes are more likely to happen with first time owners.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
While I may not have years of experience, I think it has more to do with having your wits about you and knowing what you could possibly be in for. While I would never recommend an OW as a first tarantula, I've heard of many people that bought and successfully kept pokies as their first tarantula(s). If you take the proper precautions and know just how feisty they can be, most keepers would probably fair fine. Of course, things can always go wrong but that can happen with anybody, no matter their experience level, it's just those mistakes are more likely to happen with first time owners.
could I see your P. Cambridgei as I asked an a P. Regalis isn’t one of those that people kept as a first tarantula and people who kept a pokie as a first T didn’t do much research and didn’t know what they were in for such as you not knowing what your getting yourself into when you P. Cambridgei decideds to bolt like there’s no tommorow and could I please see it’s enclosure.