pede-a-holic
Old Timer
:drool: :drool: :drool:

no words for it ! :worship:

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks Steven!:D

Did you try and pair yours up again? If so, how did it go?

Thanks,
Mike

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey Mike,..
no i haven't,... but i've put 2 of the 4 females in a warmer spot in my room,...
if after 1 month i still won't see anything happen,... i'll give it another try and introduce the male to all 4 again.
:)

keep us up-to-date on those white vinnies,... when do they change color ?
Cheers
Steven

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Steven said:
Hey Mike,..
no i haven't,... but i've put 2 of the 4 females in a warmer spot in my room,...
if after 1 month i still won't see anything happen,... i'll give it another try and introduce the male to all 4 again.
:)

keep us up-to-date on those white vinnies,... when do they change color ?
Cheers
Steven
Hey Steven,

Sounds like a good plan, I hope it all works out well for you too. Keep us up to date on your progress too.

I am expecting by the end of this week or next week they should be molting. They will look just like miniture roons with red palps.

Thanks,
Mike

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
yow, Mike,
one of my females is on eggs too !!! :eek:
happy happy joy joy {D {D {D

(can't take a picture cause she's really deep inside her burrow,... only saw it when i used a flashlight)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Rock-n-roll! If you try to mate them again and the female doesn't want too, she will reject the male. She will push him away. He'll get the message and just walk off. It's real obvious when the females do this...she just pushes him away. Like I said in another post, it's kind of funny looking. You can relate to it....well,... I can:8o ...Ha!

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
hehehe :razz:
I think i'll mated the other 3 females in aprox 2 months orso,...
fingers crossed for this 1 female with eggsac :cool:

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awesome Steven!:clap: That is great to hear, there will be babies from these all over the world now. It is amazing how big the eggs are from these females, and the babies are just as large. Mine are still on the moms back, hoping they will molt soon.
mike

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
The picture is just cr*p, but the entrance to her burrow is too narrow to take a decent picture,...
anyway,... i guess the eggs are almost changing.

PS: Mike,... how are yours doing ?

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice Steven!:D Looks like you got a nice clutch there from what can be made out. My babies are still on the moms back, still waiting for them to molt. Hopefully this will happen soon.

mike

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
thanx Mike,

man,... i'm even more excited about this eggsac then any scolopendrid or spider i ever had with eggs :} :} :}

i can't wait to mate my other females again after this summer :)

can't remember if ya answered this allready or not,... but do you feed your vinegaroon while she's on eggs ? (i was thinking about handfeeding her some waxworms or other soft-feeders with a tweezer to be sure she'll survive the brood) and can 1 female produce more then 1 hatch in her life ?

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Steven,

I know what you mean about being excited. I can't wait for these too, it is just as common to breed these, so it is a good amount of excitement.

I have not fed my female while she has had the eggs. She has been a really good mom so far, and still has some plumplness to her. Nothing like when she did not have the eggs though. If you can get her to eat, sometimes they will not, she has a much higher survival rate after the brood leaves the mom. A female can produce more than one batch but it does take a lot out of her. After the babies leave feed her immediatly and give her access to water. That will increase her cahnce of survival tremendously. Otherwise the females just waste a way and die.

mike

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
We have little ones here.

Steven, the babies started molting last night and there are some more that still have to molt as of now. Here is a not so great pic of the little ones.

mike

Attachments

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
HELL YEAH !!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
looking very cute Mike !

i'll check on mine this evening :)

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks Steven. I also noticed that it really takes them a long time to darken up. The ones that molted last night are just starting to get dark in color, but moving around well.

mike

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Isn't that weird!? Please let us know if the Moms survive. I've bred a few of these and the mothers just stopped living. None seemed very interested in food or water after the babies left.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine just ate all of the babies off her back :confused: ....for no reason at all. But now she is feeding well and active, seems as though she will survive.....

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
lucanidae said:
Mine just ate all of the babies off her back :confused: ....for no reason at all. But now she is feeding well and active, seems as though she will survive.....
That stinks, sorry to hear that. Glad to hear the female is doing okay though. How long had the babies been on her back?

mike